Worst non-play in CF history

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
In 1993 - When #1 Notre Dame makes a great comeback against Boston College, take s the lead , then on BCs final drive - PETE BERCICH drops a chinch intercept - and BC goes on to score a final second FG.

Ever since - ND has been a struggling team instead of a top 5 team .

Joe Montana threw an easy interception that bounced off the Bengals #25 (I think) in the Super Bowl that prolly would have clinched it. Joe's next pass was for the winner. That's how the ball bounces.

I remember watching that in my dorm room on a Monday morning at Osan AB Korea after having worked a night shift.

The best nonplay in CF was the strip by George Teague in the 1993 Sugar Bowl.

Lamar Thomas, Miami WR, had talked smack all week about how superior the Miami receivers were and questioned the manhood of the Alabama secondary

Torreta hit Thomas on the outside and it looked like Thomas (also a track star) was going for an 89 yard touchdown. Until DB George Teague ran him down and took the ball away from him like Thomas was a little kid on the big kid's playground.

A penalty negated the play. But it was the straw that broke the camel's back, and Miami was beaten. They were completely demoralized. Not that they stood much of a chance against that defense anyway.

NOTRE DAME HAS TO BE IN THE TOP 5 for CF to have much interest to me.

they suck now

They suck .

But they still beat Bama

Ever hear ofTom Clements and Ara P????????????????????????????????????????????????

Beat bama im back-to back bowls

Played against USC and John McKay

you guys were nothing

Last edited:
They suck .

But they still beat Bama

Ever hear ofTom Clements and Ara P????????????????????????????????????????????????

Beat bama im back-to back bowls

Played against USC and John McKay

you guys were nothing

Yep, we lost back to back bowl games to Notre Dame. The bowl games at the end of the '73 and '74 seasons. Vietnam was still being fought back then too.

But here in the present, Notre dame hasn't been relevant in how long?

ND's last National Championship was in 1988. The Crimson Tide have won 3 of them since then. I guess if Bama was nothing back in '73 and '74, Notre Dame has been nothing for better than 20 years.

We got the best QB in history - Joe M

History is all Notre Dame has.

But speaking of history and QBs, ask Steve Beuerlein about Alabama's defense. He was a 5th year senior and said he had never been hit that hard.

Alabama, unlike ND, has a Crystal Football trophy from last season. Oh, and another from 2 seasons before that. And another National Championship trophy that we won before those two, but since ND won their last championship.

When I watched ND dismembemer a good USC team in 1977 49 -17 - and made it look easy - I knewI waswatching one ofthe greatest QBs ever .......................

When I watched ND dismembemer a good USC team in 1977 49 -17 - and made it look easy - I knewI waswatching one ofthe greatest QBs ever .......................

And now, 35 years later, you get to watch your team fight to be a middle-of-the-road has-been.

Actually, if you do a search of the greatest college football QBs, Montana's name doesn't show up.

Three sites have Matt Leinhart as the greatest. He completed 64 percent of his passes, threw for 10,693 yards, he had 99 TDs and only threw 23 INTs.

Montana, by comparison, completed 52% of his passes, threw for 4121 yards, had 25 TDs and 25 INTs.

Montana was one of the coolest under presure, and he had a stellar pro career. But he isn't the greatest college QB.

Tell that to #1 Texas - who Montana dismembed 38-10 in the Cotton Bowl.

Montana didnt play in the Ole Miss Game.

Itwasonly afterhe destroyred USC something like 49 -19 with ease that he could besome special.

Destroyed USC - made it look easy................................

Montana didnt play in the Ole Miss Game.

Itwasonly afterhe destroyred USC something like 49 -19 with ease that he could besome special.

Destroyed USC - made it look easy................................

Special? Not "Greatest" any more?

For every TD he threw he had a pass intercepted.

A.J. McCarron, the QB for the Crimson Tide has a completion rate of 66%, has thrown 19 TDs and only 5 INTs. But he did win a National Championship just 7 months ago.

I already said i was a fan of Ken Stabler.

Belongs in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame.

And the college HOF forthat matter.

One of the best ever.

I already said i was a fan of Ken Stabler.

Belongs in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame.

And the college HOF forthat matter.

One of the best ever.

And I believe I agreed with you.

So why doesnt Madden promote Stabler for the HOF????

Fuck the QB ratings...............................................GIGO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Are you going ro tell me that Len Dawson is more deserving for the HOF than Stabler (or Daryle Lamonica for that matter - needed to get in my Domer plug)

Forum List

Back