Notre Dame DOES NOT deserve to be in CFP

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
I am a LIFELONG Notre Dame fan, 36 years old and I have been raised as a ND fan since birth but we do NOT deserve to be the 4th team! We got EMBARRASSED yesterday, I have NO INTEREST in seeing the destruction Alabama puts on ND in the Rose Bowl. If it's less than a 35 point loss for ND I will be SHOCKED. It's going to be another Alabama/Clemson final and I this time will root for Alabama. I personally wanted to see Texas A&M play Alabama AGAIN in a rematch since that was A&M's ONLY loss of the season.

So you want Texas to get embarrassed instead.

Understood.

Putting a team that can compete with Alabama/Clemson is as close to mission impossible as you can get.

Maybe in 20 years or so they will find another team.

Understood.

Putting a team that can compete with Alabama/Clemson is as close to mission impossible as you can get.

Texas A&M can't compete against them? Their only loss was to Alabama. Remember they said the same thing when Boise St played Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl years ago and Boise St beat Oklahoma.

Understood.

As a Michigan and Michigan state fan, I’ll gladly take the ass whipping. You never know. Any given Saturday

Understood.

You seem to forget that Clemson beat ND for ACC CAMPIONSHIP, ND should be eliminated from the playoffs.

In the old system only Conference champions had automatic berth for the main bowl games, now that has vanished to a ranking system.

I keep seeing this "CFP" acronym come up. I figure I'm missing something. So I came, I saw, I Googled:

"Certified Financial Planner"

sorry I asked. :dunno:

I keep seeing this "CFP" acronym come up. I figure I'm missing something. So I came, I saw, I Googled:

"Certified Financial Planner"

sorry I asked. :dunno:

He he.

CFP means College Football Playoff

I think it will be another Alabama v. Clemson championship game. Neither Ohio State nor Notre Dame have what it takes to win.

I am a LIFELONG Notre Dame fan, 36 years old and I have been raised as a ND fan since birth but we do NOT deserve to be the 4th team! We got EMBARRASSED yesterday, I have NO INTEREST in seeing the destruction Alabama puts on ND in the Rose Bowl. If it's less than a 35 point loss for ND I will be SHOCKED. It's going to be another Alabama/Clemson final and I this time will root for Alabama. I personally wanted to see Texas A&M play Alabama AGAIN in a rematch since that was A&M's ONLY loss of the season.
Their next opponent will be Clemson again

The latest rankings:
#1 Alabama
#2 Clemson
#3 Ohio State
#4 Notre Dame

So the only way Notre Dame will face Clemson again is if they beat Alabama. I don't think that will happen.

Understood.

Texas A&M can't compete against them? Their only loss was to Alabama. Remember they said the same thing when Boise St played Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl years ago and Boise St beat Oklahoma.
They lost by 24 points.

Believe what you will.

The CFP committee backed into this one. They couldn't eliminate ND because it still had a 1-1 record against Clemson, which is better than A&M's 0-1 record against Alabama. But they did not want a ND-Clemson rematch in the semi-finals, so they elevated Ohio State to #3. If Alabama had lost to Florida, ND would not have been #4 for the same reason.

That would stupid as hell!

ND LOST the ACC Championship to Clemson, should be only ONE team allowed for the CFP from the conference.

Only CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS should be allowed to be in the CFP games.

That is the LOGICAL way to go.

You will never get anywhere with a loser attitude....I heartily enjoy watching Notre Damn get their asses handed to them as for many years they have been the darlings of sports writers and they do not deserve it...

I will tell you one thing Tulsa almost beat Cincciniatti. I am 59 and grew up in OKC and now live twelve miles from Okiehoma and my entire life Tulsa has always been the butt of jokes when it came to sports. I am surprised they did so well considering it is Tulsa...I congratulate them and Cincinnati, the same goes for Iowa State a team that was last for decades and the butt of the jokes in class 4A ball playing...I myself played for Moore schools for twelve years starting at five years old....

You will never get anywhere with a loser attitude....I heartily enjoy watching Notre Damn get their asses handed to them as for many years they have been the darlings of sports writers and they do not deserve it...
And my school's fight song was the same as Notre Damn another reason to dislike them....

I too (A&M class of 1999) wanted to see the Aggies in it.
:lol:

Oh, well. There's always fucking next year, which has become A&M's sports motto.
:banghead:

That would stupid as hell!
I was mistaken about that

ND is ranked 4 just as someone reported

It becomes irrelevant when they lose the CONFERENCE championship.

By keeping ND (big loser of the championship game) in the playoff system they are robbing a Conference Champion from elsewhere from entering the CFP system, that is stupid. ND had their chance and lost, they should be taken out of the playoffs.

In the old BOWL system ONLY Conference Champions got the big bowl games and one of them would be called the National Champion in the end.

Understood.

The fucking longhorns are already embarrassed.

Maybe you mean A&M

Forum List

Back