Notre Dame DOES NOT deserve to be in CFP

That would stupid as hell!
I was mistaken about that

ND is ranked 4 just as someone reported

It becomes irrelevant when they lose the CONFERENCE championship.

By keeping ND (big loser of the championship game) in the playoff system they are robbing a Conference Champion from elsewhere from entering the CFP system, that is stupid. ND had their chance and lost, they should be taken out of the playoffs.

In the old BOWL system ONLY Conference Champions got the big bowl games and one of them would be called the National Champion in the end.

I agree with the conference champions idea ONLY if we go to an 8 team playoff.

Otherwise, you may not get the best teams.

I think it will be another Alabama v. Clemson championship game. Neither Ohio State nor Notre Dame have what it takes to win.
Yep, and its getting BORING watching the same 2 teams in the championship.
I am a LIFELONG Notre Dame fan, 36 years old and I have been raised as a ND fan since birth but we do NOT deserve to be the 4th team! We got EMBARRASSED yesterday, I have NO INTEREST in seeing the destruction Alabama puts on ND in the Rose Bowl. If it's less than a 35 point loss for ND I will be SHOCKED. It's going to be another Alabama/Clemson final and I this time will root for Alabama. I personally wanted to see Texas A&M play Alabama AGAIN in a rematch since that was A&M's ONLY loss of the season.
Their next opponent will be Clemson again
Highly unlikely unless somehow lightning strikes and ND beats Alabama which would be great I just don't see it happening. ND is so damn inconsistent. Struggle with Louisville but beat Clemson earlier in the season and beat North Carolina who is a good team.

That would stupid as hell!
I was mistaken about that

ND is ranked 4 just as someone reported

It becomes irrelevant when they lose the CONFERENCE championship.

By keeping ND (big loser of the championship game) in the playoff system they are robbing a Conference Champion from elsewhere from entering the CFP system, that is stupid. ND had their chance and lost, they should be taken out of the playoffs.

In the old BOWL system ONLY Conference Champions got the big bowl games and one of them would be called the National Champion in the end.

I agree with the conference champions idea ONLY if we go to an 8 team playoff.

Otherwise, you may not get the best teams.
I expect an 8 team playoff system by 2030. The winners of the power 5 conferences should go plus the highest ranked 3 at large teams

If the goal of the CFP is to give us the best teams, then limiting it to conference champions is not the way to go.

In 2013, Stanford was the PAC-12 champ. They went 11-3 and were ranked #11 in the AP poll.
Also in 2013, Baylor was the BIG12 champ. They went 11-2 and were ranked #13 in the AP poll.
In 2016, Penn State was the BIG10 Champ. They went 11-3 and were ranked #7.

Should those teams be automatically in a playoff?

If the goal of the CFP is to give us the best teams, then limiting it to conference champions is not the way to go.

In 2013, Stanford was the PAC-12 champ. They went 11-3 and were ranked #11 in the AP poll.
Also in 2013, Baylor was the BIG12 champ. They went 11-2 and were ranked #13 in the AP poll.
In 2016, Penn State was the BIG10 Champ. They went 11-3 and were ranked #7.

Should those teams be automatically in a playoff?
An 8 team playoff would allow for the top ranked teams plus some Cinderellas that could peak at just the right time to win it all.

Forum List

Back