Worst NFL Ref call of the year?

Wiggle_Piggy

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2023

How does this even happen?

Do refs plan on blowing the whistle as the ball is in the air?

If you're unsure... can't you always go back and review? Why would you just blow it dead?

I'm not sure when the whistle was blown, read this morning that the ref called Cooper out of bounds. Which to me is unbelievable given the ref being right on top of the play.

I understand why play has to stop at the sound of the whistle. But as you say, the call is incomprehensible.

How does this even happen?

Wow, that is really bad. That referee ought to be suspended without pay for 3-4 games and a formal apology made to the Browns. I mean, it wasn't even a question the guy was in bounds! It wasn't even close!

That is even worse than the three bonehead calls I saw in the Raiders game where basically, the Raiders were done with just 1 TD and 5 minutes to go, then the refs called roughing the passer for a totally clean sack of the QB, then DPI for a perfectly fine defensive cover in the end zone then another penalty because a defender actually jumped up and tried to block a FG kick.

Ended up the refs put the Raiders back in the game and with a bit of luck, might have even won it when they SHOULD have been down 30-7.

then the refs called roughing the passer for a totally clean sack of the QB
That sack was another one shown quite a bit this morning.

1695698014281.png

Forum List

Back