"Worst Environmental Disaster Ever" Cleaned Up in About 100 Days?

Discussion in 'Environment' started by KMAN, Aug 4, 2010.

1. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    Well, we have all heard how the BP oil spill was the greatest environmental disaster to ever occur.... yet it looks like it is mostly cleaned up in 100 days....

That's good news I guess, to know that "the worst environmental disaster" can be cleaned up so quickly.

Friends of mine are in Destin this week and say there is no oil anywhere...

Obama has got to be pissed that this got cleaned so quickly.

Leak Is Capped, But Where's the Oil? : Discovery News

2. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,672
    Why should he be pissed? He should be getting the big thumbs up. Do you think this is going to be an issue for the Reps this fall? Maybe a negative issue, when the people are reminded that they were saying that Obama wasn't doing anything.

3. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,947
    You've been sniffing the toxic fumes. If they have cleaned up Exxon Valdez after this many years, why you you believe a mess ten times greater is cleaned up?

Morons.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Epsilon Delta

Epsilon Delta Jedi Master

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +364
    Cool. Guess this means that 'self-regulation' stuff really works. In fact, you guys should push congress to drop any and all regulations on oil rig construction. And next time you might as well let it just flow. After all, it just fixes itself right back up. Just let it flow, cover the entire ocean with black oil, there are never any consequences. I mean seriously, all it took was thousands of tons of chemical dispersants (that we only barely know what they will do in the long term) all over the Gulf and a giant dead zone where nothing can grow or live for years. I'll take a few thousand more dubious chemicals in the ocean and a couple of mass death zones in the Atlantic as long as I can keep my giant SUV chugging cheap gasoline from my quaint suburban house to the city center every single day.

Morning Again in America, and everything is just great. :)

5. code1211

code1211 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +845

Not to put too fine a point on this, but which party was it that chaired every single committee in both houses of Congress overseeing every department of the Federal Government, including MMS, for the 3 years that preceeded the Deep water horizon disaster?

Which party was it that controlled the house, Senate and White House with fillibuster proof majorities and rubber stamp president for the 14 months that preceeded this disaster?

As a partisan hack for the Dems, you should really accept credit where credit is due.

6. Epsilon Delta

Epsilon Delta Jedi Master

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +364
    Sorry, bud, by "you guys" I meant Americans, not just conservatives. *Points to location*

EDIT: For the record, the Democrats suck balls. Sorry, guys.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  7. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,892
    The environazi's were really hoping this turned out to be an ecological nightmare so they could ram through a boatload of industry crippling legislation. Too bad Mother nature didn't cooperate.

8. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    because obama announced today that the well is capped and the oil is gone.....

9. code1211

code1211 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +845

Maybe because the Gulf of Mexico is like a million times bigger than Prince William Sound?

What do your scientists say about this? You remember, the 94% who do not self identify as Republicans. Where do they say the oil is?

10. code1211

code1211 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +845

Seriously? You think that failing to enforce the regulations and laws that could have prevented this and then standing back and letting BP correct is a win the Big 0?

True, in terms of the unmitigated disasters that these clowns perpetrate daily, this is as close to a good thing as they've done. Really, though, the best thing they did was to stand back and let BP do what they did after the disaster.

It should be interesting in the November elections, in light of the vote in Missourri, how the Dems will come out. 71% against anything is impressive. That cuts into the 30% Dem base that would vote for killing babies if the party platform said it was right.

Okay. Killing babies was a bad example.