World's Largest Solar Plant to burn Trillions!!!!!

I was referring to the States solar power generation reporting which shows that IF Ivanpah was generating solar power, it was for about 5 hours on its first day...however the numbers don't actually prove that as there was no real increase FOR THE WHOLE STATE on that day.

I was referring to the States solar power generation reporting which shows that IF Ivanpah was generating solar power, it was for about 5 hours on its first day...however the numbers don't actually prove that as there was no real increase FOR THE WHOLE STATE on that day.

Silly me.
I was still writing to the discussion topic.

Silly me.
yes, you are silly!!!!

Silly me.

I certainly was.

Oh really? And you have the data to back up that assertion, right?

Yes. Really. Further it is a fact.

Oh. And I do not get to play by your rules where theory and assertion gets to stand as a valid point until somebody finds the proof that your agw theory or your assertions in regards to clean green renewable energy are found as false.

Again, the world's largest solar power plant burns up the world's largest amount fossil fuel in the construction.

Do I need to draw a picturexe or will argue that green energy grows on magic trees

So, you can make an unsubstantiated claim and what makes it a fact is that you say it's a fact.
Interesting.

Why not just address the fact instead of making a statement.

Facts now must be proven?

You breath nitrogen every day. That is a fact.

But no, not a fact, I have not "substantiated", my "claim".

Solar Power pollutes to include the release of massive amounts of radioactivity into the atmosphere but because we call it Green Energy the worshippers believe. Yet Green Energy is an unsubstantiated claim which the ignorant clueless believe.

Last edited:

BrightSource Industries, previously known as Israel`s "Luz2" has never published any concrete performance data other than:
BrightSource Energy Research | Product Development | Engineering Services
The SEDC is located in the Rotem Industrial Park in Israel’s Negev Desert, about 157km (97 miles) south of Jerusalem.
The six megawatts-thermal facility has been tested and verified by an independent engineering firm, and found to produce the world’s highest temperature and pressure solar steam
...and was found to produce the world`s highest temperature and pressure solar steam...and that was all this independent engineering firm was willing to confirm.
Lawyers call that little trick a "latent ambiguity" .
If you don`t get the 6 MW later, you don`t have any legal grounds for a complaint, because it was you who made the assumption after the 6 MW were mentioned
by BrightSource in the same sentence. At the same time the independent engineering firm is off the hook as well, because it wasn`t them who said anything about 6 MW.
If there were any data how much steam and for how long which would support the lofty claims BrightSource Industries has been making you can bet they would
have published it by now, ...even though they would never be pressed for it by the liberal establishment.
That whole Ivanpah charade could not get any tackier than it has been so far, starting with the timing when BrightSource applied for their S1 on "Earth Day".
But after that it gets tricky with "latent ambiguity". After you filed for your IPO with the Securities and Exchange Commission "latent ambiguity" can get you a fraud conviction.
So it wasn`t really a big surprise when BrightSource Industries suddenly decided to withdraw their S1 registration,...after they had the green light for Ivanpah.
It`s crunch time:
https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/brightsource-energy-files-for-250m-ipo-an-analysis
BrightSource has lost a cumulative $177.3 million since its inception with debt and financial obligations totaling $1.8 billion. The firm reported a net loss of $71.6 million on revenue of $13.5 million in 2010, a net loss of $43.8 million on revenue of $11.6 million in 2009 and a net loss of $44.6 million on revenue of $7.1 million in 2008. Total revenue for the firm over the last three years was $32.2 million.
Most of this relatively modest revenue (more than $23.1 million) comes not from the power generation business -- but from Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) applications. BSE signed a contract with Chevron in 2008 to provide a 29 MWth EOR facility in Coalinga, California, with the project scheduled to begin operations in the second half of 2011. The Coalinga project was entered into at a loss by BSE.
I bet Skookerasbil will laugh his head off when he sees this:

Solar Steam Helps Coax Heavy Oil from Old Fields - Scientific American
Solar Steam Helps Coax Heavy Oil from Old Fields

Steam_eor1.jpg

The Coalinga oil field in California has been pumping out crude since 1887, and the remaining oil has gotten heavier and heavier and harder and harder to extract—but it will soon get a boost from the sun. Specifically, the old field will use steam generated by concentrated sunlight to help melt the remaining heavy oils and make them liquid enough to be pumped to the surface.
Heavy oils are a big part of new oil being produced around the world, whether oil from the tar sands of Canada or thicker crude from Indonesia. Chevron has brought up 150,000 barrels of heavy oil in California alone
And yes it`s BrightSource Industries teaming up with (big&bad) Chevron oil
coalinga1.jpg

3FFAC4DE-CFDF-4C1B-ADA582808E46AF52_article.jpg

I think it might be worthwhile to cut& paste that last article into his (very popular) thread.

Last edited:
Didn't know that connection PBear.. I did see where BrightSource is PLANNED to build even bigger
CSP plants in Israel.. Better hurry up, before the "latent ambiguities" start to mold..

Israelis are much shrewder consumers of green than Californians..

Didn't know that connection PBear.. I did see where BrightSource is PLANNED to build even bigger
CSP plants in Israel.. Better hurry up, before the "latent ambiguities" start to mold..

And why would you expect Israelis to be more "shrewd"?

And why would you expect Israelis to be more "shrewd"?

Because they're a small country bullshit like this doesn't fly. Their very existence is predicated on things WORKING. Californians are fat, dumb, and lazy. They don't NEED any one thing to work...there's enough excess that projects like Ivanpah can hide in shadows.

There ARE no shadows in Israel.

FlaCalTenn made the statement and I asked him the question. I doubt he's made you his personal spokesperson.

I have equipment from Israel that has been a maintenance nightmare. It is unreliable, they don't warranty the stuff and their charges to fix the stuff have been bloody astronomical. I am quite certain you could not find a correlation between a country's size and how well their manufactured goods work. You are just making this shit up because you think you know what he meant when he said
FlaCalTenn said:
Israelis are much shrewder consumers of green than Californians
and so do I.

Last edited:
I think Westwall covered that.. When you live on the edge of a combat zone, your priorities are
much more pragmatic in terms of spending Green money.. It better have an economic justification and
it better work. They don't need to do something like Ivanpah simply on principle or to PROVE how
Green they are..

Whatever bug you have about Israeli equipment, I haven't seen those issues in biotech or signal processing. But MAYBE -- their Israeli Luz subsidiary is part of the Ivanpah problem.. Stuff like that happens. Most likely, the funding for this new CSP project is piled high in US investment anyway.

So are you saying that you believe the Israelis are more shrewd due to their experience in warfare? It never occurred to you that the term has been used by ten thousand anti-semites and long ago became cliche. Don't bother to follow up. I never had the slightest suspicion I'd be getting a straightforward answer.

The functioning of Ivanpah, as I've said repeatedly now, is irrelevant to a discussion of our climate and global warming. But, if you think the issues the facility has suffered are going to drive people away from alternative energy sources and back to fossil fuels, you delude yourself.

I think Westwall covered that.. When you live on the edge of a combat zone, your priorities are
much more pragmatic in terms of spending Green money.. It better have an economic justification and
it better work. They don't need to do something like Ivanpah simply on principle or to PROVE how
Green they are..

Whatever bug you have about Israeli equipment, I haven't seen those issues in biotech or signal processing. But MAYBE -- their Israeli Luz subsidiary is part of the Ivanpah problem.. Stuff like that happens. Most likely, the funding for this new CSP project is piled high in US investment anyway.

Actually I think the solar power engineers and scientists are probably among the lowest producing in terms of actual output of useful products....ever. They have been researching these things for well over 30 years now and they are little better than when they began.

But, they have been heavily subsidized by the taxpayers so there was never a incentive to succeed. They failed, wrapped up their crap and moved on to the next scam....all funded by us.

So are you saying that you believe the Israelis are more shrewd due to their experience in warfare? It never occurred to you that the term has been used by ten thousand anti-semites and long ago became cliche. Don't bother to follow up. I never had the slightest suspicion I'd be getting a straightforward answer.

The functioning of Ivanpah, as I've said repeatedly now, is irrelevant to a discussion of our climate and global warming. But, if you think the issues the facility has suffered are going to drive people away from alternative energy sources and back to fossil fuels, you delude yourself.

No, the discussion of Ivanpah is relevant, one as the largest piece of crap polluting thousands of acres more than an equivelent in output Natural Gas or Nuclear power plant.

Ivanpah is Solar, Solar is heavy industry, a new heavy industry polluting the same as the old heavy industry.

Ivanpah contributed to CO2 emissions as well as prevented CO2 intake by the natural ecosystem of the desert.

abraHAM demands the facts be ignored, irrelevant? Bullshit!

No, the discussion of Ivanpah is relevant, one as the largest piece of crap polluting thousands of acres more than an equivelent in output Natural Gas or Nuclear power plant.

Ivanpah is Solar, Solar is heavy industry, a new heavy industry polluting the same as the old heavy industry.

Ivanpah contributed to CO2 emissions as well as prevented CO2 intake by the natural ecosystem of the desert.

Let's hope that none of the mirrors cracks and causes a massive photon-spill!!!

Let's hope that none of the mirrors cracks and causes a massive photon-spill!!!

you mean electrolytics.

The Earth is warming due to human activities. That warming presents a threat. We can deal with it or we can ignore it. Your call.

The Earth is warming due to human activities. That warming presents a threat. We can deal with it or we can ignore it. Your call.

Your solution is the threat, The threat is Green Renewable Energy. Somehow those who lack logic have not figured out that building thousands upon thousands of Solar Power Plants requires HEAVY INDUSTRY

What corporation would not want to manufacture enough product to cover the desert between Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

abraHAM's solution is for me to own 100 solar powered cars to drive to work, each capable of getting me just a mile or two, emitting zero pollution, yet abraHAM can not see that 100 Green Cars per person is gluttony, increased consumption, abraHAM can not see the waste or the pollution because Green Energy is delivered in a shiny new box, a superior idea.

Where do you think corporations build this stuff abraHAM.

Your solution is the threat, The threat is Green Renewable Energy. Somehow those who lack logic have not figured out that building thousands upon thousands of Solar Power Plants requires HEAVY INDUSTRY

What corporation would not want to manufacture enough product to cover the desert between Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

abraHAM's solution is for me to own 100 solar powered cars to drive to work, each capable of getting me just a mile or two, emitting zero pollution, yet abraHAM can not see that 100 Green Cars per person is gluttony, increased consumption, abraHAM can not see the waste or the pollution because Green Energy is delivered in a shiny new box, a superior idea.

Where do you think corporations build this stuff abraHAM.

Only the rich can afford a 2nd or 3rd car and make it an eco-trophy car.. Right now it's more consumer gratification than a solution...

Forum List

Back