World's largest private coal company files for bankruptcy

Continued repost:

So what's the big deal, you may be wondering. It's not like the oil in the ground is actually someone's bank account and they have lost money.

Oh, but it actually is someone's bank account. You see, those people who own those reserves have gotten loans and issued high interest bonds, using those reserves as collateral.

What happens to a debtor when their collateral loses value? What do you think all those creditors holding those high interest bonds and the paper on all those loans are thinking as they ponder the fact the collateral backing all those bonds has lost $120 trillion in value?

What do you think the investors who bought tranches of derivatives build on all those loans and bonds are thinking?

Yeah.

Let the fun times begin.

Last edited:
"Let the fun times begin".

I posted that information about the impact of the dropping oil price this past February.

As I showed above, the price of coal has been dropping as well. And it is having the exact same effect on the cash flow and collateral of coal companies.

THAT is why this one is going under.

The poor tards are clueless. They have been brainwashed to say "BECAUSE OBAMA!" to everything these days. They have no knowledge of the real world whatsoever. They know only to blame Obama or Mexicans or Muslims for...whatever.

The forum pussies....

53451103.jpg

As SmellyIrishAss weighs in on the issue

Obama's Nazi EPA was told to regulate coal plants out of business. These regs, coupled with cheaper natural gas, has shut down the coal industry and lost thousands of union and non-union jobs. Obama smiles on the golf course while thousands of families lose their homes. This is the liberal agenda.

The forum pussies....

53451103.jpg

Right now she is frothing at the mouth messaging every mod on the board:

"MAKE THEM STOP!!! MAKE THEM STOP!!! BAN THEM!!! BAN THEM!!!"
Hey, asshole - how about sticking with the issue of this thread.

He's a troll and not even a good one
Are you reading my posts again? LOL. Like I said, you can't put me on ignore no matter how hard you try. I own you.

The forum pussies....

53451103.jpg

Right now she is frothing at the mouth messaging every mod on the board:

"MAKE THEM STOP!!! MAKE THEM STOP!!! BAN THEM!!! BAN THEM!!!"
Hey, asshole - how about sticking with the issue of this thread.
If it is an asshole you want to see, all you have to do is look in the mirror.
You must be witty internet guy. Have a cookie.

[I also blame low oil prices, caused by Obama's bungling of the economy.

:lol:

And now...a flashback:

Under Obama, Price of Gas Has Jumped 83 Percent, Ground Beef 24 Percent, Bacon 22 Percent.

Gas When Bush Left Office, $1.78 -- Gas Today, $3.64 -- Highest Average Price in Calif., $4.20 Gas When Bush Left Office 1.78 -- Gas Today 3.64 -- Highest Average Price in Calif. 4.20

When Bush/Cheney left power, gas was $1.78 - the liberals cried fowl; claiming that it was so high, because of the two " oil men. " Now it is $3.64, and no blame on Obama; not a peep - liberals are full of shit!

Cons bend reality in order to blame Obama .

He has nothing to do wh cheap energy prices , but everything to do wh closed coal plants . Ok.

Looks like they couldn't cut it

I blame low cost Obamagas

I also blame low oil prices, caused by Obama's bungling of the economy.

He promised that coal companies would go bankrupt.

Coal companies are going bankrupt.

Sure seems like it is what he wanted if not what he did.

Obama bungled by causing the oil boom in the Dakotas etc.?

OH look another libtard gloating over all the families that will suffer because of lost income and maybe lose thier homes .....how progressive. Freewill and people like him are full on POS scumbags.

Low gas and oil prices have amounted to a huge windfall for millions of Americans. Are you advocating taking that away to keep the coal industry afloat?

Forum List

Back