world worse since jesus

I’m used to people blaming everything on the Jews.

But I’m pretty confident you can’t pin World War II on jeesus.
you misinterpret the OP by a million miles
I'm saying even if there was a jesus--he did not change anything..he did not change humans at all--because we still have murder/rape/robbery/etc in great quantity---the most 2000 years AFTER he came

I don’t even believe he existed so I can’t conceive of him as the fulcrum of human social evolution.

That being said, according to Steven Pinker, we currently live in the safest, least violent epoch in human history - statistically speaking.
yes, that's what I've read.....but I also want to point out, I also would add not just WW2 killing/etc, but people still hate/lie/etc
even priest still are human and do not follow jesus' teachings
I know a lot of '''practicing'' Catholics that are human--they still '''sin'' by adultery/hate/jealousy/etc...jesus has NOT changed them--even though they say he has

It's impossible not to sin. Human nature and free will
that might be for another thread..I don't believe in total free will
human nature, culture, family, socioeconomic, etc all play a strong part in choices

I’m used to people blaming everything on the Jews.

But I’m pretty confident you can’t pin World War II on jeesus.
you misinterpret the OP by a million miles
I'm saying even if there was a jesus--he did not change anything..he did not change humans at all--because we still have murder/rape/robbery/etc in great quantity---the most 2000 years AFTER he came

I don’t even believe he existed so I can’t conceive of him as the fulcrum of human social evolution.

That being said, according to Steven Pinker, we currently live in the safest, least violent epoch in human history - statistically speaking.
yes, that's what I've read.....but I also want to point out, I also would add not just WW2 killing/etc, but people still hate/lie/etc
even priest still are human and do not follow jesus' teachings
I know a lot of '''practicing'' Catholics that are human--they still '''sin'' by adultery/hate/jealousy/etc...jesus has NOT changed them--even though they say he has

It's impossible not to sin. Human nature and free will
that might be for another thread..I don't believe in total free will
human nature, culture, family, socioeconomic, etc all play a strong part in choices

God gave us free will...thats just a fact. Sone abuse it more than others

actually my main point is jesus was not the son of god because humans have not changed--the world has not changed
we see this in the greatest horror, killing/etc in WW2--after jesus ''came''
humans have not changed..I think this is undeniable
Another STATEMENT. Do you have an honest question?

You apparently don't understand that Jesus never said he came the first time to "save" the world.

Satan is the god of this world UNTIL Christ Returns.

BTW, He's coming for the ELECT, this is not the World's time.

actually my main point is jesus was not the son of god because humans have not changed--the world has not changed

Jesus did not come with a promise to nations. He came with promises to people who enter into the kingdom of God.

Another STATEMENT. Do you have an honest question?

You apparently don't understand that Jesus never said he came the first time to "save" the world.

Satan is the god of this world UNTIL Christ Returns.

BTW, He's coming for the ELECT, this is not the World's time.

He came to offer salvation. The world as we know it is doomed

The Bible foretells, wars, earthquakes,

Predicting wars, earthquakes, and pestilence isn’t that impressive given they are as common as sunrises.

A truly good impressive prediction would be their absence.

Except they are increasing as foretold.

Can you quote empirical records to support that claim?

I suppose I could but I'm not going into it. Been a long day and our daughters are at their first unchaperoned event, their dad is nervous

so, if you believe in jesus, the world became worse after he came
in WW2 we had the greatest murder/rape/robbery/ and of course--killing
we also had WW1....
there are still wars/genocide/etc
why did he ''come to earth''?
nothing has changed...humans have not changed
Keep in mind that Jesus did not speak to the nations, he spoke to individuals. He did not promise peace to nations, he promised peace and a fulfilling life to individuals.

No one can predict what nations would be like without Jesus. Would we have had ten world wars instead of two? Would we have had none instead of two? No one can say.

This is what I can say. My life would have been much different without Jesus and his teachings. To me, that counts for a lot.
thanks for reply
yes, I've heard that before--
but without getting into detail--we see many priests that don't follow jesus' teachings...of all people you would think that jesus would change it would be them--but they don't change ....you still sin, yes?
and do not other religions change people and individuals for the better? --so is it really the son of god, or just a man that teaches people how to be good that makes individuals better?
...as I've stated in another post--I see many, many so called practicing Catholics/Christians still commit adultery, hate/be jealous, sin ..etc......
--so--what's the big change?

of all people you would think that jesus would change it would be them--but they don't change
That's up to THEM. "Many are called, but few are CHOSEN." Like you were told, this involves FREE WILL. Redemption is a PROCESS -- A DAILY STRUGGLE. Followers of Jesus make bad choices daily. They look to the blood of Jesus to wash away their sins. If they have a sincere heart, they are washed clean and have a fresh start.

Plus, it's not up to an unbeliever to JUDGE. You don't get to judge another's heart.

The fact that you do, tells us YOU KNOW BETTER, and so you have NO EXCUSE for not living by the standard you judge others.

You sir, are a hypocrite.

When you have an honest QUESTION, you'll get answers. Until then, you just want to feel better about your own sins.

thanks for reply
yes, I've heard that before--
but without getting into detail--we see many priests that don't follow jesus' teachings...of all people you would think that jesus would change it would be them--but they don't change ....you still sin, yes?
and do not other religions change people and individuals for the better? --so is it really the son of god, or just a man that teaches people how to be good that makes individuals better?
...as I've stated in another post--I see many, many so called practicing Catholics/Christians still commit adultery, hate/be jealous, sin ..etc......
--so--what's the big change?

What's the big change? Hope.

Jesus flat out said that the healthy have no need for a physician, that he came to help sinners. He came with a promise: Repentance for the forgiveness of sins. Don't we all wish that giving up bad habits was instantaneous--but some of us need a little more time than that. He came to teach us faith, to teach us obedience. Please don't blame him for taking the remedial class. Someday many of us hope to make him proud, despite our failings, despite our handicaps.

of all people you would think that jesus would change it would be them--but they don't change
That's up to THEM. "Many are called, but few are CHOSEN."

Plus, it's not up to an unbeliever to JUDGE. You don't get to judge another's heart.

The fact that you do, tells us YOU KNOW BETTER, and so you have NO EXCUSE for not living by the standard you judge others.

When you have an honest QUESTION, you'll get answers. Until then, you just want to feel better about your own sins.
wow an here I was about to comment that all these posts have been civil and polite--especially compared to other threads

That's up to THEM. "Many are called, but few are CHOSEN." Like you were told, this involves FREE WILL. Redemption is a PROCESS -- A DAILY STRUGGLE. Followers of Jesus make bad choices daily. They look to the blood of Jesus to wash away their sins. If they have a sincere heart, they are washed clean and have a fresh start.

if you claim to be a christian/etc, all your posts and arguments have just went to hell with your unchristian post
it proves my point
the ignore button for you, since you want to be impolite/etc

if you claim to be a christian/etc, all your posts and arguments have just went to hell with your unchristian post
it proves my point
the ignore button for you, since you want to be impolite/etc
I see I hit a little too close to home.

You're quick to judge others, but when I point out your hypocrisy, you stomp your feet and cry.

It won't be long until this earth will be visited by our Lord again. He shall reign on earth for a thousand years. During this time the earth will be filled with peace.

Forum List

Back