World wants Obama

I don't know - I do know that the US leads the world. Maybe they wanted to be like Bush, or ,maybe they went further right in response to Bush being so trigger happy.

I think we can all agree that we want a safer world, and we all value liberty. I'd personally rather have a safer world by reducing threats, than by arming myself to the teeth. It makes for less luggage.

I see reducing threats as doing things like reducing nuclear stockpiles and having transparent relations as much as possible (inspections and whatnot, fair and so on). I think a pre-emptive war on faulty intelligence certainly does not reduce threats. It scares the shit out of the people around you, and they start arming up as well.

I did like Obama's line, that McCain said he would follow bin Laden to the gates of hell, but that he won't track him down to his cave. Kerry also ran on getting rid of bin Laden. Removing bin laden would reduce threats, and probably in a way with minimal collateral damage. Overthrowing a stable (if nauseating) regime is a messy business and risky considering Iran next door may be able to capitalize on it, etc - Not a good way to reduce threats in general.

But I only get this stuff off the news and don't really know much about it other than that.

I too think that the world would be much better off without war Cali, I sincerely do. This question is more a general question though for everyone.
Do you think that if the U.S. decided to pull back from Iraq and Afghanistan and closed all its military bases and then , said we are going to destroy our nuclear stockpiles even if no one else does, that the world you follow suit and then all the sudden there would be peace in the world?

how Many Muslims Do You Have Over The Now Doing The Manual Labor For Ya ? I Understand They Have Qutie The New Mosque Too. You Can't Afford To Be Afraid Of Them. They Got You By The Balls

Fear Fear...be Very Afraid America.

Muslims Are Evil And Want To Kill Your Unborn Babies...

Fear Fear Fear

Hate Hate Hate.

I too think that the world would be much better off without war Cali, I sincerely do. This question is more a general question though for everyone.
Do you think that if the U.S. decided to pull back from Iraq and Afghanistan and closed all its military bases and then , said we are going to destroy our nuclear stockpiles even if no one else does, that the world you follow suit and then all the sudden there would be peace in the world?

MAYBE if you stopped dropping millions of bombs on children for profit...the world would be a safer place?

But that's just hypothetical... it will never happen...so i cant be sure.

Fear Fear...be Very Afraid America.

Muslims Are Evil And Want To Kill Your Unborn Babies...

Fear Fear Fear

Hate Hate Hate.

They don't get it. Neocons needed Communism to fester hate, now it's Muslims. It's the way they operate....Once Muslims are no longer a "threat", dunno who's next on the list......a resurgent Asia maybe?? Who knows....

They don't get it. Neocons needed Communism to fester hate, now it's Muslims. It's the way they operate....Once Muslims are no longer a "threat", dunno who's next on the list......a resurgent Asia maybe?? Who knows....

I heard that its the eskimos. I am serious... it is the igloo dwellers ... the republicans of 2016 have already targeted a mass bombing campaign against the seal lovers...in response to winter.

They will start a fear and hate campaign against eskimos directly after a very harsh winter..forecast in 2017.

I knew that one hit you where it hurts !:lol:

How soon is shia law coming or is it there already ?

No idea what shia law is..perhaps you can enlighten me.

However if anyone in the UK or indeed Europe shows even the vaguest sign of believing in a stone age fairytale... they are publicly ridiculed and laughed out of town.

So it would seem highly unlikely that a religious person could get a job in Europe, let alone inspire any laws.

I heard that its the eskimos. I am serious... it is the igloo dwellers ... the republicans of 2016 have already targeted a mass bombing campaign against the seal lovers...in response to winter.

They will start a fear and hate campaign against eskimos directly after a very harsh winter..forecast in 2017.

LOL..too funny. I initially put Eskimos (instead of Asia), but I thought that was being too silly..lol

Well, that seems like an extreme pollyanna approach.

You seem to be asking for specifics. I have always thought that people that commit acts of terror are only doing so because of some perceived injustice. My problem with an aggressive (that is, militant) foreign policy is that at no point are you asking the other guy what it is that they feel is wrong. You are just trying to kill them.

Do you remember the Amish school shooting about two years ago? The families whose children had died - they sent flowers (or something like this) to the wife (or family) of the shooter (who had died.) Do you remember this?

Here's something you will laugh at, and I am not suggesting it as a serious policy position, but merely as an exercise to consider how we deal with other cultures that seem threatening. What IF, we had reached out in an act of compassion, to the families in the middle east whose sons and brothers had flown those airplanes? How would that have been received, would the middle east be thrown off guard by such a response, view us as more, I don't know, less of someone to oppose or something, And here's the kicker - would it have diminished our strength or military ability AT ALL?

I don't know, it might have been seen as an empty gesture and maybe I am naive. On the other hand, there might have been far more headlines like "Today we are all Americans" - An opportunity which by the way Bush could have built on, to build alliances and strong working relationships around the globe.

Bush squandered that by saying 'if you're not with us you're against us.' Polarization doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:

However if anyone in the UK or indeed Europe shows even the vaguest sign of believing in a stone age fairytale... they are publicly ridiculed and laughed out of town.

So it would seem highly unlikely that a religious person could get a job in Europe, let alone inspire any laws.

I thought Europeans were well read ? You don't know what shia law is? You must really be from the Bronx.

You mean like how Blair had prayer sessions with Bush and remained PM?

Bush says God chose him to lead his nation | World news | The Observer

Last edited:
I thought Europeans were well read ? You don't know what shia law is? You must really be from the Bronx.

I have vaguely heard about Sharia law... but then i am not obsessed with muslims.

Perhaps Shia law is the abbreviated version for americans?

HATE AND FEAR SHIA LAW... ITS COMING ... WE MUST DEFEND AGAINST IT.

hate and fear eskimos too ...but not yet.

NO MY dildo friend... no religion will ever have any role ever again in Europe... as i told you..it died once education came to the peasants here.

It's just your country hasn't developed yet...however when it does..you too will see how silly it is to be scared of fairytale readers.

Well, that seems like an extreme pollyanna approach.

You seem to be asking for specifics. I have always thought that people that commit acts of terror are only doing so because of some perceived injustice. My problem with an aggressive (that is, militant) foreign policy is that at no point are you asking the other guy what it is that they feel is wrong. You are just trying to kill them.

Do you remember the Amish school shooting about two years ago? The families whose children had died - they sent flowers (or something like this) to the wife (or family) of the shooter (who had died.) Do you remember this?

Here's something you will laugh at, and I am not suggesting it as a serious policy position, but merely as an exercise to consider how we deal with other cultures that seem threatening. What IF, we had reached out in an act of compassion, to the families in the middle east whose sons and brothers had flown those airplanes? How would that have been received, would the middle east be thrown off guard by such a response, view us as more, I don't know, less of someone to oppose or something, And here's the kicker - would it have diminished our strength or military ability AT ALL?

I don't know, it might have been seen as an empty gesture and maybe I am naive. On the other hand, there might have been far more headlines like "Today we are all Americans" - An opportunity which by the way Bush could have built on, to build alliances and strong working relationships around the globe.

Bush squandered that by saying 'if you're not with us you're against us.' Polarization doesn't seem to work.

neither did ignoring all the other times America and its allies were bombed by Al Queada. How many times to YOU have to be hit before you hit back--HARD.

Communism was hardly something in this country that was the invention of the NeoCons as you call them. NeoCons implies New Conservatives a term made famous when George W. Bush came to Power in 2000 and well after the fall of the Soviet Union. The first red scare in this country was in 1919 under Woodrow Wilsons admisnistration a democrat and you don't hear me calling him or Truman a NEOlib , remember him? He just happened to be one of those democrats that was in power when we had a little war with some communists in Korea, Lydon Johnson Vietnam another democrat. As for Muslims your wrong on that score too, back in 2002 the call to War in Iraq was being made by republicans and democrats and even the UK for that matter. So to imply it's the way Neocons ,as you say "operate" is simply wrong.

Yeah I would run ads on this if I were McCain. People from other countries are in favor of a candidate they think is in the best interest of THEIR country -not ours.

Actually i think most of the people polled were thinking about people of other countries..not their own.

They were thinking of the victims of US terrorism in Iraq...and which women and children are next if sex change McCain gets in.

Communism was hardly something in this country that was the invention of the NeoCons as you call them. NeoCons implies New Conservatives a term made famous when George W. Bush came to Power in 2000 and well after the fall of the Soviet Union. The first red scare in this country was in 1919 under Woodrow Wilsons admisnistration a democrat and you don't hear me calling him or Truman a NEOlib , remember him? He just happened to be one of those democrats that was in power when we had a little war with some communists in Korea, Lydon Johnson Vietnam another democrat. As for Muslims your wrong on that score too, back in 2002 the call to War in Iraq was being made by republicans and democrats and even the UK for that matter. So to imply it's the way Neocons ,as you say "operate" is simply wrong.

ITs all about picking a small threat.... and nurturing it and encouraging itand provoking it to grow...and the inspiring that fear and hate amongst the more gullible people of the US.

I have long put forward the proposal that Europeans should vote in the US election and only perhaps the 10% of americans who are on a similar intellectual plane.

You are not alone. That is why we fought a war for independence and gave ourselves gun rights and stuff. But what do I know, I'm probably in the 90% that you(a brit) thinks shouldn't vote in the elections in my(an american) country.

You should probably read some of Curchill's letters sometime. Might give you some perspective.

ITs all about picking a small threat.... and nurturing it and encouraging itand provoking it to grow...and the inspiring that fear and hate amongst the more gullible people of the US.

oh ya--like all the people who voted for Blair. They fell for that fake stuff too.

Forum List

Back