World of Warcraft catches crook.

ok... don't lie now...

RGS, what is the race/class of your main toon.

I think you just divided by zero with those two statements.

:eek:

$div0.gif

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05GGny6qhSM&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
ok... don't lie now...

RGS, what is the race/class of your main toon.

I play Dungeons and Dragons Online. WOW is a waste of time.

I hate to say it because i've been a fan of D&D forever.... but DDO sucks now just like it did before it went free. It's just not a good game unless you have a personal group to continually play with. That being said, I have a toon on DDO too: Pointer the Eight Fingered

too many drow and warforged. Both races are passe. I almost wish Drizzt never became such a thing so the dark elf lust wouldn't have become such an issue.

Last edited:
I hate to say it because i've been a fan of D&D forever.... but DDO sucks now just like it did before it went free. It's just not a good game unless you have a personal group to continually play with. That being said, I have a toon on DDO too: Pointer the Eight Fingered

The same goes with WoW. Or really any game for that matter. Though the death knoll for Star Wars Galaxies was making Jedi a starting class and messing up the battle system. :evil:

The same goes with WoW. Or really any game for that matter. Though the death knoll for Star Wars Galaxies was making Jedi a starting class and messing up the battle system. :evil:

I disagree. wow and DDO are worlds apart when it comes to their respective guild structures.

and, I disagree about SWG too. The stake in the heart of that game was the New Game Enhancements in general which, yes, made jedi a starting class but ALSO dumbed down the entire scope of the game. I bought that game at NGE and it was eerie how vacant it was. Had that game started at NGE it would still be around today, I think.

I disagree. wow and DDO are worlds apart when it comes to their respective guild structures.

and, I disagree about SWG too. The stake in the heart of that game was the New Game Enhancements in general which, yes, made jedi a starting class but ALSO dumbed down the entire scope of the game. I bought that game at NGE and it was eerie how vacant it was. Had that game started at NGE it would still be around today, I think.

Not with the guild structures but rather if you don't have friends in a game or people to stick around with then you're not going to stay long. The same holds true for anything that is competitive and usually includes some sort of teamwork.

I mean for example, if nobody posted on USMB, then you'd have no reason to post here unless you had some sort of investment in it succeeding. (I.E: Owner)

And I agree, if the game had started at NGE then it would still be around today. However, stabbing your loyal fanbase in the back is probably not a good way to keep them around.

yea.. and SWG was still a good game even after NGE. Hell, I'd play it. To be honest, I can't wait for the new SW mmorpg to come out. I see blue lightsabers. BsssZZZZzzzZZZTTT!

I get your point about having a social hook in a game; but, in my opinion, the way guilds are formed in DDO and wow are worlds apart and, I think, more effective in the land of Azeroth.

yea.. and SWG was still a good game even after NGE. Hell, I'd play it. To be honest, I can't wait for the new SW mmorpg to come out. I see blue lightsabers. BsssZZZZzzzZZZTTT!

I get your point about having a social hook in a game; but, in my opinion, the way guilds are formed in DDO and wow are worlds apart and, I think, more effective in the land of Azeroth.

Oh trust me, I agree that there are vast differences between DDO and WoW. I'm just saying that common bond of needing to be around people after a certain point for it to be entertaining exists in both games.

The new SW MMORPG is going to be great I hope, looked good according to the trailer at least. I'm interested in seeing how the new Star Trek MMORPG does when it launches in February.

i've never been much of a star trek fan, to be honest. I've heard real good things about Warhammer Online though.

i've never been much of a star trek fan, to be honest. I've heard real good things about Warhammer Online though.

I've tried Warhammer Online, it was a decent game. However, the game isn't doing so hot considering it's previous numbers. I believe they have like five servers left and the game is losing money.

Though it's going to be difficult for any game to succeed. I have high hopes for DC Universe Online. Especially when it's Jim Lee at the Executive Creative Director chair.

Forum List

Back