World Cup 22 - USA v Cymru

The idea of how minimally effective USA soccer is on the world stage compared to their size and athletic resources just doesn't add up.
It’s actually very simple. Here in the USA, there are many other sports for youth to engage in, and the number of IS players able to make a career out of fit ok is even smaller than baseball, football, hockey, basketball, etc… There’s also less mo etc to be made by Ameeiin futbol than in the other sports.

It’s actually very simple. Here in the USA, there are many other sports for youth to engage in, and the number of IS players able to make a career out of fit ok is even smaller than baseball, football, hockey, basketball, etc… There’s also less mo etc to be made by Ameeiin futbol than in the other sports.
I've never bought that, because the statures/skills you need to succeed in soccer don't cross over into other sports.

NBA Players are pretty much mostly uber tall athletes.. where are the 6'5" soccer players in Euroleague? They don't exist, maybe at goalie.

NFL Players are either gigantic linemen, slow QB's, muscular LB's... the only positions that even attempt to cross into soccer territory are defensive backs and slot wide receivers... but that's minimal crossover.

Baseball probably has some crossover for athletic infielders and center fielders.. but pitchers, power hitters? Nope.

Soccer requires specific foot-eye coordination, a mixture of speed/endurance training. At the top of other professional sports, barely any of them could become elite soccer players even if they tried. Meanwhile, America has 340 million people, plenty to go around as far as sports interest.. and Soccer has a long history of being a prime kids sport in our culture. American soccer just isn't good.. and nobody knows why.

America has 340 million people, plenty to go around as far as sports interest.. and Soccer has a long history of being a prime kids sport in our culture. American soccer just isn't good.. and nobody knows why.
The other thing is a two-headed monster…

1. There is almost ZERO focus on the sport in this country. More people will watch the game in the next month than will watch it again until qualifying for North America 2026 starts.

2. The US Soccer Federation is completely incompetent .

These players and coaches need to be arrested for TREASON!!!! The US Soccer Federation offices need to be bombed. The sport needs to be OUTLAWED in the United States, PERMANENTLY!!!!

this team should be forced to forfeit their other two games and the USMNT need to be permanently disbanded for this ATROCITY!!!!!

My entire fucking holiday season is RUINED before it even started.

The closest I get to watching football (soccer) is when I tune in Welcome to Wrexham or Ted Lasso...

Any closer than that and I fall asleep...

1-1 So do either team advance or are they both out?
Both teams still have two more games to play… vs England and Iran. England will best Wales and DESTROY the US (on Friday). The US will lose to Iran and the result between Iran and Wales will detrriwhich team moves on to the round of 16 with England.

The US and IrN will be Eli it from the tournament. The US ciachiwill be fired and we’ll start the cyclic failures all over again.

Can't even beat a tiny country like wales lol. USA soccer sucks.

This is the event where all of the american leftists drape themselves in the flag lol. HaHa

Wales WON. They won’t get the three points but to paint this as ANYTHING other than a USA loss is a lie.
You should have wrapped it up in the first half but made hardly any chances.

Second half we made a change up front and you struggled. ream had already been booked so should have been sent off for the penalty.

I thought you played well and most of those players will be in their prime in 26.

Nice to see George Weahs son score a great goal. Hurrah for the immigrants eh ?

I see this group coming down to goal difference now. In truth we have two ordinary teams here.

Its the big one on Monday night. Little Wales v the mighty US..Can Wales fell the giants in the desert heat ?
I think it will be a close game and it may come down to who copes with the heat better.

Will you be watching ?
Just can't get into soccer, I used to watch a lot of games, but the interest is no longer there for much of any sport. I hope your team wins.

There was a massive US turnout there tonight and they made a lot of noise. They said there is a big airbase nearby.
They also had a camera at a big fan park in Kansas City where they all went mental when you scored.
There seems to be a lot of enthusiasm there.

You should have wrapped it up in the first half but made hardly any chances
Yes, they should have; but the mix of the incompetence of the coaching staff and US Soccer and the gutless, heartless and just plain pathetic play of the players they didn’t. None of them deserve to wear thst crest again…. EVER!!!!

Forum List

Back