World Cup 22 - USA v Cymru

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Its the big one on Monday night. Little Wales v the mighty US..Can Wales fell the giants in the desert heat ?
I think it will be a close game and it may come down to who copes with the heat better.

Will you be watching ?

If there are no reruns of Matlock on at the same time I might...

I may watch Canada on Wednesday. Meh, World Cup is usually exciting especially with Canada in after 36 years, but it doesn't feel the same with so much going on in the world today.

Last edited:
My bucket list includes seeing a supernova with the naked eye and having Team USA make it to the quarterfinals in World Cup

Its the big one on Monday night. Little Wales v the mighty US..Can Wales fell the giants in the desert heat ?
I think it will be a close game and it may come down to who copes with the heat better.

Will you be watching ?

The US is weak right now, Wales has to win this game, because Iran and England are going to be a lot harder. They drew with El Salvador in their last competitive match, lost to Costa Rica in their last game, when a win would have put them second or first in their qualifying group, had Costa Rica gone and scored a few more goals the US might not even have got to the World Cup, it was that tight. They lost and drew to Canada, lost to Panama away from home. This is not a good team.

Wales on the other hand did badly in the Nations League, but come on, who cares about the Nation's League? Not England, not Germany, not France, a World Cup was on the way. But in Qualifying they did well.

The US is weak right now, Wales has to win this game, because Iran and England are going to be a lot harder. They drew with El Salvador in their last competitive match, lost to Costa Rica in their last game, when a win would have put them second or first in their qualifying group, had Costa Rica gone and scored a few more goals the US might not even have got to the World Cup, it was that tight. They lost and drew to Canada, lost to Panama away from home. This is not a good team.

Wales on the other hand did badly in the Nations League, but come on, who cares about the Nation's League? Not England, not Germany, not France, a World Cup was on the way. But in Qualifying they did well.
We are all hoping that our England game ill be superfluos and we can rest a few players. We have to beat the other two for that. We have never beaten the US.

We are all hoping that our England game ill be superfluos and we can rest a few players. We have to beat the other two for that. We have never beaten the US.

You've only played them twice

Both in friendly games, and in 2003 without Bale Wales were rubbish.

But yeah, Iran will be a harder proposition. They finished top of their group, unable to beat South Korea, but beat everyone else. Sure Asia isn't that good at football, and they've never progressed from a group stage, but if they can beat Wales, they stand a good chance.

The idea of how minimally effective USA soccer is on the world stage compared to their size and athletic resources just doesn't add up.

I'm not saying America should be winning World Cups, but to not even make it some years, or regularly get beat by the smallest nations? There's just a lack of winning culture or horrible coaching going on.

At 2:00 Eastern time on Monday afternoon I will be rooted to my couch watching the US vs Wales. I would like to say I’m confident about the chances for the Americans to advance out of the qualifying round, but I have considerable concerns. I’ll be rooting for them with all my heart, but my mind is going to need more convincing.

The idea of how minimally effective USA soccer is on the world stage compared to their size and athletic resources just doesn't add up.

I'm not saying America should be winning World Cups, but to not even make it some years, or regularly get beat by the smallest nations? There's just a lack of winning culture or horrible coaching going on.
The best athletes in the US don’t play soccer. It’s as simple as that.

Every pub in Wales is bouncing right now.
Joe Allan out and Ethan takes his place. 4 out of our front 5 have been short of game time lately so I am very nervous..
Enjoy the game.

Forum List

Back