Working class favor GOP by 58%

The working class wants policies that are favorable for creating private sector jobs - which is the opposite of what is promoted by Obamanomics.

Like working for Wal Mart?

What's wrong with working for Wal Mart? Are they less human than you?

Friendly liberal.... so your strap says.... 'Friendly'? Hmmmm. You might want to review that.... perhaps 'condescending bastard' would be more appropriate.

Dickie, instead of parroting the mantra of the Party, why the fuck don't you find out why the GOP voted against.... and ya know, the Dems really should be able to pass shit without needing the GOP to hold their hand.

Repeating a reported news item, from an action yesterday, is parroting a mantra of the party? Someone must have dropped me from the mantra e-mail list.

I know exactly why they voted against it. To please the corporations which they work for. Do you, or do you not support, using tax payer money to subsidize corporations sending jobs overseas? If American job creation is a goal, these subsidies should have been gone a long time ago. Instead they grew when the GOP had both branches.

What exactly is the GOP strategy for job creation? According to their talking points its to cut taxes to the top brackets and cut the deficit, with zero specifics. Nope, what they blocked was even the ability to debate the merits of the proposed bill, which had concrete steps to facilitate the creation of private sector jobs.

That is not why they voted against it. Try again.

That's exactly why they voted against it. They claimed that it would increase taxes by $200 billion, but those were really removing the $200 billion in incentives that the American tax payer is contributing to subsidize outsourcing jobs overseas. Just because they moved their libs, doesn't mean that people with two synapses to rub together can't see they're lying and diverting.

Why would the working class support the Republican Party? To do so would be to vote against their own interests.

Here's an idea. Why don't you mind your own fucking business about why other people vote the way they do. After all, they're just Wal Mart employees.... not real people, like you.

Repeating a reported news item, from an action yesterday, is parroting a mantra of the party? Someone must have dropped me from the mantra e-mail list.

I know exactly why they voted against it. To please the corporations which they work for. Do you, or do you not support, using tax payer money to subsidize corporations sending jobs overseas? If American job creation is a goal, these subsidies should have been gone a long time ago. Instead they grew when the GOP had both branches.

What exactly is the GOP strategy for job creation? According to their talking points its to cut taxes to the top brackets and cut the deficit, with zero specifics. Nope, what they blocked was even the ability to debate the merits of the proposed bill, which had concrete steps to facilitate the creation of private sector jobs.

That's exactly why they voted against it. They claimed that it would increase taxes by $200 billion, but those were really removing the $200 billion in incentives that the American tax payer is contributing to subsidize outsourcing jobs overseas. Just because they moved their libs, doesn't mean that people with two synapses to rub together can't see they're lying and diverting.

In other words, you disagree with them so you've decided why they voted against it. OK. Got it.

You're an idiot.

Poll echoes 1994 swing toward GOP - Spokesman.com - Oct. 7, 2010

What exactly do they expect will happen in the immediate future which will benefit their "working class" lives?

I'm geniunely puzzled.

With repubs taking the house, you will see an immediate improvement in business and consumer confidence.

In other words democrats will no longer be able to make back room deals, limit debate and bribe members.

Oh I see. So Republicans have never been guilty of that. Got it. :eusa_whistle:

As far as businesses that have been sitting on their cash waiting for Democrats to get kicked out so that their taxes will remain the same, how wonderful that they will prove what I've been saying all along: The corporations run this country; not the people. They will open up a few jobs, then be right back where they were mid-2000's trying to cut wages and benefits. Watch it happen.

Not with 1/5-1/6 of the GDP riding on it. :lol:

Here's the little bit about a Constitution which protect individual rights which the lefties like to ignore: forming a gang to take away an unpopular person's rights based upon pea green envy shouldn't be allowed.

I don't understand why income inequality is seen as "envy." I did quite well in my lifetime and I'm enjoying a retirement where I can afford just about anything I want, but my wants don't include a lot of extravagant luxuries anyway. I'm hardly "jealous" of anyone who does. I think you and CG are using that because you can't make a valid case against the facts based upon any other facts you can find to justify your positions, so you make up some obscure reason why this is an issue to some people. It sure as hell ain't envy.

In other words, you disagree with them so you've decided why they voted against it. OK. Got it.

You're an idiot.

When they flat out mislead with their claim to why they voted against it, my first question is why are they lying. They claimed that it was a $200 billion tax increase, when in fact it was removing taxpayer incentives to outsourcing jobs overseas. The bill further had added tax credits for creating jobs in the USA. So if they can't be honest about something so obvious, I'm left to speculate on the real reason they voted against that bill. Although it's opinion, based on history, I say it was because their corporate string pullers told them to.

most countries without the disparity have no rich to talk of.
No way I'm believing even most economist know about sweden's income distribution much less everyday Americans.

Despite the hate from the turbo-libs most middle class Americans aspire to be rich, and they are sick and tired of the rich being arrow catchers.

While that may be true when the economy is good, these days I think the middle class would just like to see their heads above water with some hope they'll be able to stay in the boat until it reaches shore.

MaggieMae, Propaganda is very powerful when repeated over and over again.

Joe Bageant has an interesting perspective on this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlyonaShow#p/u/5/9LD1qpZ6znU

Joe Bageant: Understanding America's Class System

But of course.

"All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach."

"By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise."

Mein Kampf

The working class wants policies that are favorable for creating private sector jobs - which is the opposite of what is promoted by Obamanomics.

Like the GOP blocking a bill that removes the tax incentives for moving jobs overseas?

Dickie, instead of parroting the mantra of the Party, why the fuck don't you find out why the GOP voted against.... and ya know, the Dems really should be able to pass shit without needing the GOP to hold their hand.

They need 60 votes, and didn't get them for that bill. There aren't 60 Democrats in the Senate anymore.

I give up. Why, then?

Poll echoes 1994 swing toward GOP - Spokesman.com - Oct. 7, 2010

What exactly do they expect will happen in the immediate future which will benefit their "working class" lives?

I'm geniunely puzzled.

With repubs taking the house, you will see an immediate improvement in business and consumer confidence.

In other words democrats will no longer be able to make back room deals, limit debate and bribe members.

As far as businesses that have been sitting on their cash waiting for Democrats to get kicked out so that their taxes will remain the same, how wonderful that they will prove what I've been saying all along: The corporations run this country; not the people. They will open up a few jobs, then be right back where they were mid-2000's trying to cut wages and benefits. Watch it happen.

Actually, Maggie, it has nothing to do with that. A lame duck congress stops either side from fucking up. That can create the stability required to increase confidence in the economy. That stability is what leads to businesses feeling confident to spend money, increasing investment and creating jobs.

You guys get all hung up about who's in bed with which party. Simple fact - business doesn't give a shit whether it's a Dem or a GOP POTUS. They need stability.

The reason that business isn't spending is nothing to do with either party - it is because business pays attention to economists... and economists are predicting a double dip recession.

If people would stop ranting about the other 'side' and look at all the facts, instead of cherry picking the ones that fit their own view, we might get some intelligent debate. But that's not gonna happen here.

I give up. Why, then?

For heavens sake, go find out, you lazy ass. Stop expecting to be spoon fed. Go and look hard at the FACTS and try thinking critically about the bill. Take off the partisan glasses and concentrate. It's not hard.

You're an idiot.

Well since you seem to know why they did, I'm waiting for you to tell me.

Actually, Maggie, it has nothing to do with that. A lame duck congress stops either side from fucking up. That can create the stability required to increase confidence in the economy. That stability is what leads to businesses feeling confident to spend money, increasing investment and creating jobs.

You guys get all hung up about who's in bed with which party. Simple fact - business doesn't give a shit whether it's a Dem or a GOP POTUS. They need stability.

The reason that business isn't spending is nothing to do with either party - it is because business pays attention to economists... and economists are predicting a double dip recession.

If people would stop ranting about the other 'side' and look at all the facts, instead of cherry picking the ones that fit their own view, we might get some intelligent debate. But that's not gonna happen here.

Read what nine experts on the economy have to say about the recovery and predicting a double dip recession (they don't). This is really quite short.

Recession, Recovery and a Possible Double Dip: What Experts Are Saying About the Economy - Financial News for the Best Bank Rates | Go Banking Rates

The hard working American People are voting against Obama. He was sold as a magical elixir that when mixed with a little "hope and change" would save the world!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfxVkLhlu5s[/ame]

Then when the hard working people of America realized that behind the soaring rhetoric, Roman columns and promises there was nothing but an empty suit - they got mad. They realized they were SOLD a lie. Barack Obama is not magical, he is not grand, he is nothing but an incompetent boob. The hard working people are returning to the GOP - hopefully they won't get screwed too badly by the next crop of criminals. Lesson? Take care of yourself. The Government is not your momma. It can't and won't make your life better. Only you can do that.

Last edited:

I give up. Why, then?

For heavens sake, go find out, you lazy ass. Stop expecting to be spoon fed. Go and look hard at the FACTS and try thinking critically about the bill. Take off the partisan glasses and concentrate. It's not hard.

I've been looking for comments from the Republican leadership on that bill and can find nothing. So I look to you if you have what I don't. Can you at least give me a hint? Please, please, pretty please?

Unfortunately, we do have classes now:

The private sector class that pays the taxes vs. the public sector/Big Government class that consumes our taxes.

the military industrial complex, right?

Or the intelligence industrial complex?

Or the health care industrial complex?

Or the financial/insurance complex?

Or did you just mean the Federal Reserve?

Forum List

Back