Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede

Think this one thru everyone---You are planning a sale and you have to determine how many people will come to it and how they will behave ?? This "they should have" hindsight is bullshit. It is IMPOSSIBLE to predict EVERYTHING people will do but it damn sure easy to second guess it AFTER it happens. Excusing this kind of behavior and victimizing the crowd by claiming they were forced to act like fucking stampedeing cattle is sinking us.

Don't get me wrong, I think the crowd was wrong to surge, but I also thin the store was wrong not to call for help when the unexpected happened, before the key in the door.

Here's a Best Buy on a Black Friday, not this year though:

[youtube]HZJVZ2p223o[/youtube]

And here's a page with a video of Wal-Mart shoppers getting into a huge fight on Black Friday in '06 I believe:

Walmart Black Friday Fight

And these are only two examples of what should be expected every year on that day, at this point.

The problen, is, is which were doing the shoving and which were shoved?
I heard on the radio today that the doors were pushed open 5 minutes before the store was due to open. So, I now think Walmart has less responsibility for inciting a riot as I thought before.

I still think Walmart is responsible. As I said, this isn't the first time someone has been hurt in the rush to get into Walmart on Black Friday. If it was the first time, I could cut them some slack, but not at this point.

Think this one thru everyone---You are planning a sale and you have to determine how many people will come to it and how they will behave ?? This "they should have" hindsight is bullshit. It is IMPOSSIBLE to predict EVERYTHING people will do but it damn sure easy to second guess it AFTER it happens. Excusing this kind of behavior and victimizing the crowd by claiming they were forced to act like fucking stampedeing cattle is sinking us.

You think it through....this is not the first time this has happened on Black Friday nor is it the first time it's happened at Walmart on Black Friday. They should have been prepared. Had this been the first time, I could give them a break, but it's not.

and yet if there WAS a stampede at a football game it would happen so fast the security people couldn't do shit to stop it and someone would bitch that there "SHOULD HAVE BEEN _______" in place too. Shit happens. We are guranteed to lose every right we have if someone is responsible for predicting human behavior.

Yeah, right, people have been hurt at Walmart stores in the past on Black Friday but they need to be able to "predict" it will happen this year????

My friend is right, "Common sense, isn't"

Yeah, right, people have been hurt at Walmart stores in the past on Black Friday but they need to be able to "predict" it will happen this year????

My friend is right, "Common sense, isn't"

This is like saying women who wear mini dresses should expect to be raped.

These ladies are prepared:

miss_radical_islam.jpg

If we are addressing the poor guy at Walmart, I think some things may have been mitigated.

If we are speaking towardw buys for weekend.
GO!

No, it's like saying, if you went to that bar by yourself last year and were raped, don't go there by yourself again unless you want to be raped again.

Common sense, my friend.

This is not the first time people were hurt at Walmart on Black Friday because of a crowd surge.

These ladies are prepared:

miss_radical_islam.jpg

Now your talking---they are using common sense. They know full well that people can't be expected to behave rationally. I mean how many times has it happened ? Hopefully Walmart will be installing mace dispensers at the entrances of all the stores. You know-for everybody's safety.

Excusing this kind of behavior and victimizing the crowd by claiming they were forced to act like fucking stampedeing cattle is sinking us.

Who is victimizing the crowd?
The only victim in the crowd, apparently was a pregnant woman.
There is a difference in being labeled a victim and not being held responsible for being pushed by a crowd of people over a dying man who you cannot reach and if you could would mean you'd be trampled to death too.

Do you think every single person in that crowd had a choice whether to move forward or not?

Sure, keep defending Walmart. Walmart is the real victim here isn't it? That bad employee should have just got out of the way but instead he ruined the big sale!

I would agree with this only if this crap didn't happen every single year on Black Friday, but it does. It doesn't take hindsight to know it is bound to happen, especially at the cheapest retailer.

That is absolutely true.

Forum List

Back