Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede

People with money are not going to stampede. They are going to pay a little extra so they don't have to wait in line. I like to save money as much as the next person, but there is no way I'm going to wait in line at 3:00 a.m. to get $100 off a plasma screen TV.

People with money are not going to stampede. They are going to pay a little extra so they don't have to wait in line. I like to save money as much as the next person, but there is no way I'm going to wait in line at 3:00 a.m. to get $100 off a plasma screen TV.

Crowds are dangerous no matter where they form. Cry fire at the opera and you get the same reaction. Mass hysteria is a powerful force.

o hell this is just crazy...too crazy.... a man is trampled by shoppers....stuff sci fi is made of

Just another of the many reasons to live in the country. They don't close our 24 hr Wal-mart on Black Friday. We go in, mill around and wait for 5 am. The emloyees open the pallets of sale merchandise and we get the items we want in a cordial and orderly manner. I go every year and have as yet to see a single quarrel.

o hell this is just crazy...too crazy.... a man is trampled by shoppers....stuff sci fi is made of

I bet most of those people didn't see him till they were on top of him. And then they were being pushed by the people behind them and were afraid they would be trampled too. Bad planning on the part of the store.

I once could not get off a subway car till the end of the line because so many commuters were crowding on to the car before letting people exit first. That was nothing and I wasn't harmed but I can see how easily people get in that "me first" mindset.

Last edited:
Just another of the many reasons to live in the country. They don't close our 24 hr Wal-mart on Black Friday. We go in, mill around and wait for 5 am. The emloyees open the pallets of sale merchandise and we get the items we want in a cordial and orderly manner. I go every year and have as yet to see a single quarrel.

I would agree that an urban environment is a more likely place for a trampling at a sale to occur.

excellent point about mob mentality....hell you see it on the net

Yeah, I was thinking of the kid who committed suicide on MySpace. It was kind of the same thing except all those people were aware of what was happening and none bothered to be the one to take action to save him till he was too far gone.

People without money are not going to stampede either seeing as they can't buy TVs of any type or price.

People without money are not going to stampede either seeing as they can't buy TVs of any type or price.

:lol: So we go from people who have money that don't worry about spending an extra $200 on a Plasma TV to avoid standing in line to people without money who aren't going to buy anything in the first place. Hilarious!

What should we call the people who are in between the 'people without money' and the 'people who have enough money to avoid standing in line to safe a few bucks'?

How about people addicted to getting a deal at any cost?
I'm sure you'll come up with something and if you can't, I'm sure you can buy a name for them, since you have money and all ...

:lol: So we go from people who have money that don't worry about spending an extra $200 on a Plasma TV to avoid standing in line to people without money who aren't going to buy anything in the first place. Hilarious!

What should we call the people who are in between the 'people without money' and the 'people who have enough money to avoid standing in line to safe a few bucks'?

TARGET SHOPPERS!

(me!)

You've got to have money to shop! Remember that!

I like Target better than Wal-Mart.

All I ask for is Target Gift Cards..............I could live there. Super Targets are the best, they have all my vegetarian meals for at least a dollar or more cheaper than grocery stores.

8527~Stupid-People-Posters.jpg

Forum List

Back