Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede

Two of my children, the daughter and youngest son left for the Aurora Outlet Mall at around 9pm last night. It was packed, they took over an hour parking. Once in line though, they had a great time, the mall didn't open until midnight. It was cold, but people took turns making coffee/hot chocolate runs, buying 'rounds.' They held places for those 'running' or going to bathroom or to car to warm up.

They got some great 'deals' according to my son. He wouldn't give specifics but told me he bout $150 sweater for $15. My guess, Ann Taylor for me, (hoping!). He bought himself a pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans for under $30. Now why the difference between here and Walmart? Midnight v. 5am? Upscale v low end?

People buying gifts for you and people who are not?

You know it's Christmas when a shopper or store clerk gets trampled to death.

Hey wait a minute. I thought things were so bad NO ONE was buying presents. Don't these people know we are in the worst economy since the Great Depression?

How dare they go shopping.

You know it's Christmas when a shopper or store clerk gets trampled to death.

Hey wait a minute. I thought things were so bad NO ONE was buying presents. Don't these people know we are in the worst economy since the Great Depression?

How dare they go shopping.

alas, poor yorkick! perhaps more a symbol of how desperate people are to get stuff at low prices...i dont know if you have kids but some people go batshit crazy this time of year.....they dont care if they can afford it or not....so they will stalk stuff....i mean think about it people....walmart did not close...did not toss out everyone and close their doors...could you imagine the stress of being a walmart empolyee knowing a fellow employee was killed by the mob wondering the store you are in??? think about it...if someone came in and shot someone would they close or not...i just dont get it....un fucking real

You asked what was the difference between the place where your kids shopped and the place where the stampede happened. You offered opening times, upscale versus low end as the determining factor in stampeding behavior.

I suggested maybe it had to do with who whether people were out shopping for you or not.
A joke. Get it?
Since you wanted us to know that your son buys you "upscale" stuff and maybe you were further suggesting that only the great unwashed are so uncivilzed as to stampede, my thought was perhaps your post says more about you than about why people stampede.

You asked what was the difference between the place where your kids shopped and the place where the stampede happened. You offered opening times, upscale versus low end as the determining factor in stampeding behavior.

I suggested maybe it had to do with who whether people were out shopping for you or not.
A joke. Get it?
Since you wanted us to know that your son buys you "upscale" stuff and maybe you were further suggesting that only the great unwashed are so uncivilzed as to stampede, my thought was perhaps your post says more about you than about why people stampede.

Says you read way more into my post than I meant regarding a f'ing sweater. I was speaking of early openings and why Walmart, which I do shop at, seems to have so many problems with 'big sales.' I was right, you're responses were more than lame and I didn't miss any.

Says you read way more into my post than I meant regarding a f'ing sweater. I was speaking of early openings and why Walmart, which I do shop at, seems to have so many problems with 'big sales.' I was right, you're responses were more than lame and I didn't miss any.

"f'ing" is not an upscale word. :eusa_naughty:

Sorry that no one is stampeding to buy you Xmas gifts.

"f'ing" is not an upscale word. :eusa_naughty:

Sorry that no one is stampeding to buy you Xmas gifts.

Not a problem, I'm finished with shopping. Why would anyone, anywhere feel any purchase worthy of anyone's life?

After seeing the response, the only one being laughed at are the original poster and yourself, fuktard.

I wonder if anyone else would agree with you. I hope this doesn't bring on a stampede. :shock:

Forum List

Back