Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede

Still nothing. That's what I thought. :eusa_whistle:

I've never understood why people seem to enjoy making themselves look stupid. It must be a gift of some sort.

Now run along little girl. I hear your mommy calling you. :lol:
You're such a jerk. Funny, but still a jerk.

I think my father worked at that polo grounds as a teenager. He worked at some polo club near or in Elmhurst. He used to exercise the ponies and work with the trainers.

Butler International golf & polo, in Oak Brook. Never really liked English, though the uniform was cool. Found riding stables, Western, in St. Charles. Ah, those were the days.

You still think only black people stampede, huh? Or Mexicans I guess, you probably think they do it, too. But not white people, how interesting.

Nope, but nice try.

Call me a racist all you want, the people that stampeded at that walmart on black Friday were black. Sorry if that doesn't jive with what you want to believe.

As I tell the Japanese students when they come here to learn ESL, you are ambassadors of your country, your people. What you do will reflect on them as a whole. What these blacks did at that Walmart reflect on the entire black race. And yes, what the white Enron execs did reflect on the entire white race.

As for people who stampeded trying to get away from a fire when the doors were locked....what the heck? What would YOU do in that situation? You're being burned alive, or can't breathe, are you going to stand there and calmly dying or try to get out, even if it means crushing people alive against the doors? The truth is that the pain is going to be so bad, you are going to be thinking ONLY of getting out.

I do not think that is a fair comparison. Now the people who stampeded at the concert, that was equally wrong and I blame the people who organized the concert just as I blame Walmart in this case.

While living in Mexico I came upon 4 white medical students, all over 6 feet tall, berating a woman in the marketplace in Guadalajara. They were trying to get her to sell them a sweater at a lower cost but they were going about it all wrong. I finally had seen enough and started heading toward them, intend on giving them a piece of my mind. They saw me coming and decided to leave before I got there. I apologized to the woman and tried to explain to her that not all Americans are that rude. Funny thing, after that, I was able to get all kinds of bargains in the marketplace that I wasn't able to get before that encounter.

As far as I'm concerned those medical students were cowards, they were rude and they should be shot. They and people like them are the reason why America is hated around the world.

Our manners are what define us as a civilization. If we are rude enough to push our way into a store before it opens and someone is killed in the process, that reflects badly on us as a civilization. Those people lost all civility. We need to find ways to ensure that we don't lose our civility in the future.

Yes, Walmart is wrong. This is not the first black Friday that has led to violence. However, the crowd was wrong too. I, as an American, am ashamed that such a stupid thing happened in my country. I would hope that blacks, as a people, would be ashamed that their fellow blacks did this. As long as they make up excuses or try to claim their color has nothing to do with it, they are not going to accept responsibility for their actions and such actions will continue. I know had all these people been white, I would be ashamed as a white person.

Now the question is, are you going to condemn this crowd for their action, or are you going to defend them because someone stated the "race" word?

Butler International golf & polo, in Oak Brook. Never really liked English, though the uniform was cool. Found riding stables, Western, in St. Charles. Ah, those were the days.

My cousin rode a lot in shows. Still keeps horses in the area. I think she switched from English to Western now.

I'm sure we must know someone on common. I'll have to be more friendly to you now since I might meet you at my relative's some day. I take all that mean stuff back.

My cousin rode a lot in shows. Still keeps horses in the area. I think she switched from English to Western now.

I'm sure we must know someone on common. I'll have to be more friendly to you now since I might meet you at my relative's some day. I take all that mean stuff back.

Hah! Never say things that can't be unspoken. Who the heck said something to that effect? Never mind, I don't become easily insulted. Truth is, politics are one thing, people another.

Now the question is, are you going to condemn this crowd for their action, or are you going to defend them because someone stated the "race" word?

The fact that you see this as a united crowd committing a united action shows how superficial your understanding is.

That fact that you read into anyone's explanation of what actually happens during a stampede some kind of excuse for claiming Elephant in the Room shows how out of touch with the discussion you are.

The fact that you see this as a united crowd committing a united action shows how superficial your understanding is.

That fact that you read into anyone's explanation of what actually happens during a stampede some kind of excuse for claiming Elephant in the Room shows how out of touch with the discussion you are.

You got me. I'm superficial. Yep. Only care about myself.

As for people who stampeded trying to get away from a fire when the doors were locked....what the heck? What would YOU do in that situation? You're being burned alive, or can't breathe, are you going to stand there and calmly dying or try to get out, even if it means crushing people alive against the doors? The truth is that the pain is going to be so bad, you are going to be thinking ONLY of getting out.

Like I said in an earlier post. No one was on fire, no one was breathing smoke in the hall way or the main exit. Those people died from trampling, just like the guy at Walmart. Only difference is that the people who blocked the exits knew they would cause the death of others. Most people at the Walmart stampede did not know a guy was being trampled. They found out after. The nightclub people knew before.
While living in Mexico I came upon 4 white medical students, all over 6 feet tall, berating a woman in the marketplace in Guadalajara. They were trying to get her to sell them a sweater at a lower cost but they were going about it all wrong. I finally had seen enough and started heading toward them, intend on giving them a piece of my mind. They saw me coming and decided to leave before I got there. I apologized to the woman and tried to explain to her that not all Americans are that rude. Funny thing, after that, I was able to get all kinds of bargains in the marketplace that I wasn't able to get before that encounter.

Nice to Mexicans, are you? As long as they stay south of the border and provide you with a cheap vacation spot. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back