Words or phrases that only exist in the media

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Stuff that you would never use in a real life situation,

Such as -
Zany - Have you ever used the word ? Why would you ?
Madcap - Another one. Again have you ever described a film as a "madcap comedy" ? No you havent. Nobody has.

Beau - Really ?

Common Law Wife - Lets go back to the 30s shall we ?

I hate these expressions.

Such as -
Madcap - Another one. Again have you ever described a film as a "madcap comedy" ? No you havent. Nobody has.

Beau - Really ?

"Was caught performing a sex act"

That one always make me laugh. I have never heard that used in a real life situation and only used in the media.

Such as -

Beau - Really ?

Beau - Really ?

One of several.
Beau Bridges - IMDb

There was a rumor he was going to portray Beau Geste (1966) - IMDb, but it was just a rumor

Such as -

Beau - Really ?

I've used beau but not often.

Such as -

Beau - Really ?

That one always make me laugh. I have never heard that used in a real life situation and only used in the media.
Covers a lot of sins. I have never heard that one used down the pub or in my personal life.

" Babe, lets stay in tonight and perform some sex acts before watching a madcap comedy" - nope.

Such as -

Beau - Really ?

Beau - Really ?

One of several.
Beau Bridges - IMDb

There was a rumor he was going to portray Beau Geste (1966) - IMDb, but it was just a rumor
Its ok as a name I suppose. But only in the zany US. Bit like "Todd" which is a surname or "Randy" which has a whole other meaning over here.

Such as -

Beau - Really ?

Beau - Really ?

One of several.
Beau Bridges - IMDb

Its ok as a name I suppose. But only in the zany US. Bit like "Todd" which is a surname or "Randy" which has a whole other meaning over here.

and I suppose you believe Bill is short for Bill of Fare?

Such as -

Beau - Really ?

Sounds like "voyeurism" vs. "peeping Tom"

Such as -

Beau - Really ?

Beau - Really ?

One of several.
Beau Bridges - IMDb

The media use Beau to describe a woman's boyfriend and/or lover and it is a term I have never heard anyone use in a real life situation.

Such as -

Beau - Really ?

Beau - Really ?

One of several.
Beau Bridges - IMDb

Did you know that Patsy Cline's second husband and the father of her children was called Charlie Dick and they had a daughter called Julie and a son called wait for it....Randy, so Patsy Cline's son is actually called Randy Dick. Hilarious, I mean you just would NOT go there WTF was Patsy thinking when she called her son Randy with a surname like Dick?!

Charlie Dick - Wikipedia

Such as -

Beau - Really ?

Beau - Really ?

One of several.
Beau Bridges - IMDb

Did you know that Patsy Cline's second husband and the father of her children was called Charlie Dick and they had a daughter called Julie and a son called wait for it....Randy, so Patsy Cline's son is actually called Randy Dick. Hilarious, I mean you just would NOT go there WTF was Patsy thinking when she called her son Randy with a surname like Dick?!

Charlie Dick - Wikipedia

She should have named him Harold.

Such as -

Beau - Really ?

Beau - Really ?

One of several.
Beau Bridges - IMDb

Charlie Dick - Wikipedia

Someone send me the below a few years ago, hilarious! There is no way Mike Hunt does NOT sound like MyC*nt, I mean WTF but you know he obviously was elected and then re-elected:

mike.jpg

2abebba6b0e364e0e356831303469e46.jpg

ROFLAO but once elected Sheriff he started calling himself Michael Hunt:

motel-shutdown-100603.jpg.44c6839cdbc79810ab34d9fa8ac9380d.jpg

Such as -

Beau - Really ?

Beau - Really ?

One of several.
Beau Bridges - IMDb

Such as -

Beau - Really ?

Beau - Really ?

One of several.
Beau Bridges - IMDb

and I suppose you believe Bill is short for Bill of Fare?

an anecdote-----several years ago I was waiting on the train (subway)
platform------I saw a very nervous, thin black kid (about 20) moving
from person to person-----they all turned away. He got to me and
said almost hysterically "I CAN'T FIND MY TUBE" ----in NYC a tube
is a thing filled with your own blood that you TAKE TO THE LAB ----
it was the AIDS epidemic back then.. The poor kid spoke with a
devastating COCKNEY ACCENT. -------when I walked him to the
big standing map
-----even some of the people who had rejected
him got up to help. I did explain to him------"we call them trains"

From the mainstream or liberal media:

Impeachment: Latest news on what Trump has done

Flag: Something to be burned and walked on at protests or alternately, waved close to election time.

Greed: Anything to do with Republican financial politics

Guns: Vicious and dangerous weapons that force people to kill each other and need to be controlled by government.

He’s in the pocket of big oil: To Republican politicos who were once seen filling up the tank of their car with gas. Never the Clinton Foundation.

Jesus: Someone who shouldn’t ever be brought up in schools, other government buildings, or politics in general unless you’re claiming he was really a liberal teacher who’d be in favor of gay marriage and abortion.

Existential threat ... what the hell ... when did the media get so damn philosophical ... your date is going to dump her drink down your pants if you try that one ...

... Common Law Wife - Lets go back to the 30s shall we ...

That's a real thing, some places still allow that kind of union ... we don't need to have a paper filled with City Hall to be man and wife and raise the kids together ... and about the only important legal right we lose is that of divorce, and some places not even that ...

Such as -

Beau - Really ?

Beau - Really ?

One of several.
Beau Bridges - IMDb

Charlie Dick - Wikipedia

Someone send me the below a few years ago, hilarious! There is no way Mike Hunt does NOT sound like MyC*nt, I mean WTF but you know he obviously was elected and then re-elected:

mike.jpg

2abebba6b0e364e0e356831303469e46.jpg

ROFLAO but once elected Sheriff he started calling himself Michael Hunt:

motel-shutdown-100603.jpg.44c6839cdbc79810ab34d9fa8ac9380d.jpg
In elementary school there was a kid with the same name.
He hated it.

Such as -

Beau - Really ?

Bombshell

Consensus

Tipping Point

Gravitas

Such as -

Beau - Really ?

Bombshell

Consensus

Tipping Point

Gravitas

Bombshell is a major step forward in this. I have never seen it anywhere outside a tabloid headline. Respect to you sir.

I will also accept Gravitas and Tipping point as well. You cant have consensus though , we all use that when we decide where the wife wants to eat.

And on that bombshell...................................

Forum List

Back