Words Matter

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Words do matter. The Black Lives Matter organization has a valid point to make but they must be careful about their rhetoric and how it may affect hateful, sick, violent people like the shooter in Dallas and maybe Baton Rouge.
But all of our rhetoric matters. I see too much hateful, sick rhetoric on this site. It is the type of rhetoric can could incite violent actions if heard by the right whacko.

Stop the hateful, violent rhetoric.

you ever hear of Free Speech especially on political matters Elmer .

Obama knows words matter and he is choosing his carefully and in a way that makes things worse.

It's the liberals, like Obama, who have the ear of these groups. Instead of condemning the violence and calling for a more rational and peaceful approach, he is praising the groups and encouraging more of the vitriol and attacks. He is continuing to point fingers at police and whites and saying they need to make the changes. This kind of language only seeks to justify the police killings. Obama carries on as if every cop who shot a suspect was wrong and every murdered cop bought it on themselves. He ignores the evidence the same way much of the media does. It's Obama that needs to change and start delivering a better message. They listen to him and he has failed to use his influence to encourage a more positive and peaceful approach.

Why should anyone give up their rights?

Notice that they don't want everyone to give up freedom of speech, only those who argue against the politically correct left.

Obama is being completely irresponsible in his choice of words and everything he says encourages these groups to keep up the violence. Obama is only pointing fingers at police and anyone who stands up for them. He does the exact same thing with Muslims.

"It depends on what the definition of 'is' is."

"At the time"...

Can't / won't use the words 'radical Islam'.

Yup, libs are all about the importance of words... :p

Words do matter. The Black Lives Matter organization has a valid point to make but they must be careful about their rhetoric and how it may affect hateful, sick, violent people like the shooter in Dallas and maybe Baton Rouge. But all of our rhetoric matters. I see too much hateful, sick rhetoric on this site. It is the type of rhetoric can could incite violent actions if heard by the right whacko. Stop the hateful, violent rhetoric.
At some level, people know this, but it doesn't stop them.

Echo chambers now form immediately on both ends and off we go.

Our "leaders" could do more, but they're afraid of the political ramifications.

If someone says Obama is inviting violence, they are invited to quote Obama's eaxt words that are supposedly inciting violence.

If they're not lying about Obama in order to incite violence, that should be simple.

Words matter, righties. Don't openly race-bait by claiming the black president is ordering blacks to attack whites. Stop the hateful, violent rhetoric. You're getting people killed.

Yes, we have the right to say whatever we want.
BUT WE MUST BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR WORDS.
Look at the number of ISIS killers influenced by hate speech on the internet from radical Jihadist Islam Imams.
You can say what you like but there should be accountability for what you say and actions it results in.

The hate I hear from some on this site is as inflammatory as many religous zealots. .

Notice that they don't want everyone to give up freedom of speech, only those who argue against the politically correct left.

Obama is being completely irresponsible in his choice of words and everything he says encourages these groups to keep up the violence. Obama is only pointing fingers at police and anyone who stands up for them. He does the exact same thing with Muslims.
Our you arguing to protect the rights if radical Islamists to be able to say what they want including hate and violence against infidels.
Are you a member of ISIS?

Look at the number of ISIS killers influenced by hate speech on the internet from radical Jihadist Islam Imams.
You can say what you like but there should be accountability for what you say and actions it results in.

The hate I hear from some on this site is as inflammatory as many religous zealots. .
That's ridiculous. Are you seriously comparing American citizens to muslims who have been brainwashed and indoctrinated for centuries to hate and kill everyone who aren't muslims?

[funny] but you sound like a guy from some muslim hellhole or 'Islamic state' ,. You do understand that many muslims MURDER because of BLASPHEMY and 'blasphemy' is simply Free Speech 'ahmed' err I mean Elmer .

Our you arguing to protect the rights if radical Islamists to be able to say what they want including hate and violence against infidels.
Are you a member of ISIS?
---------------------------- I SHOULDA put this up in my post number 13 reply to 'ahmed' err , I mean Elmer . :afro:

That's ridiculous. Are you seriously comparing American citizens to muslims who have been brainwashed and indoctrinated for centuries to hate and kill everyone who aren't muslims?
I hate to break the news but there have been American citizens who have been brainwashed to hate and kill by ISIS.

I disagree with you Elmer .
You feel we all should be able to verbally be able to express hate and violence?
KKK, Radical Jihadist Islamists, Police haters etc.
----------------------------------- as I asked in my first reply to you [post#2] , have you ever heard of Free Speech especially in political matters Elmer .
Just because you have the right to say what ever you want does not mean you have to.
I am not saying mandate no hate and violent speech, I am suggesting we all be responsible for our speech and make the choice.

Words matter, righties. Don't openly race-bait by claiming the black president is ordering blacks to attack whites. Stop the hateful, violent rhetoric. You're getting people killed.
CnlFIXUWcAAiltz.jpg:large

MNiG7EV.png

pigs_tweets.png

IMG_5666.png

B5U_W33CMAAr9Vk.jpglarge.jpeg

Cmz6HWbWYAAJIvF.jpg

6.png

4.png

3.png

2.png

2016-07-08_10h00_09.png

[funny] but you sound like a guy from some muslim hellhole or 'Islamic state' ,. You do understand that many muslims MURDER because of BLASPHEMY and 'blasphemy' is simply Free Speech 'ahmed' err I mean Elmer .
Nobody is using hate speech more effectively than ISIS. They exemplify the perversion of free speech.

Forum List

Back