Word Usage And Pronunciations That Drive You Nuts...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlWOu9FHm-I]Black guy teaches how to pronounce words like ask - YouTube[/ame]

I'd like to get on Warrior's good side...

but then there's that other part of me that wants to put up this tune in his honor...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPWHfrU3PSQ]The I-95 "Asshole" Song **With Lyrics** - YouTube[/ame]

My classroom looks and sounds like a mini-UN. Dozens of languages are native to these kids and some students speak more than two or three, fluently. Top that off with learning medical terminology which is a foreign language in itself. I tell them early on that I am from the South and can hardly speak English, much less all the ones they speak. So if they mis-pronounce a word, it's no big deal.

My classroom looks and sounds like a mini-UN. Dozens of languages are native to these kids and some students speak more than two or three, fluently. Top that off with learning medical terminology which is a foreign language in itself. I tell them early on that I am from the South and can hardly speak English, much less all the ones they speak. So if they mis-pronounce a word, it's no big deal.

Sounds reasonable, as long as they are learning what you teach.

Warrior sent me a neg-rep message in response to my OP: “White folks in”... I have no idea what it means...

I tried to send him back this message:

“thanks, old buddy...

glad to see you back in action again... I've missed you... I was actually starting to worry if you were okay...”

but I got this message back after I sent it:

“Warrior102 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Warrior102 from the recipient list and send the message again.”

Thanks for the "Whine Neg Rep" post asslips.

FYI - in order to send me a message, you need to be on my friends list.

You haven't earned that - so resume whining publicly.

Thanks assbreath.

Have a nice day.

We do what we can. There are kids in the building that habla little to no English. Some can only nod and smile. The graduation rate for Hispanic males is about 50 percent. The nation's immigration policy at work. All a kid needs to enroll is an immunization record and proof of address. Put these students' test scores aganst the Swedes, Nords, and Chinese and we have fodder for slamming education in America.

I teach in the lowest performing school in a system that is otherwise one of the top performing in the country. Crazy stuff.

We do what we can. There are kids in the building that habla little to no English. Some can only nod and smile. The graduation rate for Hispanic males is about 50 percent. The nation's immigration policy at work. All a kid needs to enroll is an immunization record and proof of address. Put these students' test scores aganst the Swedes, Nords, and Chinese and we have fodder for slamming education in America.

I teach in the lowest performing school in a system that is otherwise one of the top performing in the country. Crazy stuff.

TOUGH, TOUGH job, thanks for doing it; if you can teach a few, that is better than none. Others may learn from THEM.

Forum List

Back