Word Usage And Pronunciations That Drive You Nuts...

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
here's a few that make me crazy...

the way a lotta white folks up in redneck country pronounce "school" to rhyme with "mule"...

the way a lotta black folks say "ax" instead of "ask"...

another thing that drives me crazy...

when otherwise-intelligent-seeming people sound out the the "t" in the word "often"...

here's a few that make me crazy...

the way a lotta white folks up in redneck country pronounce "school" to rhyme with "mule"...

the way a lotta black folks say "ax" instead of "ask"...

How do you think "school" should be pronounced?

We have different accents in America just like England does.
America has Bostonian, New Yorkers, Southerners, Westerners.
England has Cockney, London, Essex.
It would be very boring if we all talked the same.

And MULE rhythms with COOL does it not?

:lol:

No help there Bayou. Of course I , live in the deep south..............:D

me, I'm descended from the earliest English and Scots-Irish settlers to arrive in the South...

(most of my forbearing branches started out in South Carolina in the 1600's and thence migrated to the Mississippi and Louisiana territories)...

and I live just south of redneck-land down here in Cajun Country...

and, dang... both my wives (previous and current) are Cajun gals...

Last edited:

No help there Bayou. Of course I , live in the deep south..............:D

me, I'm descended from the earliest English and Scots-Irish settlers to arrive in the South...

(most of my forbearing branches started out in South Carolina and thence migrated to Louisiana and Mississippi)...

and I live just south of redneck-land down here in Cajun Country...

and, dang... both my wives (previous and current) are Cajun gals...
"Gals"? Do you mean women? ; )

I dislike the word "stay" used for "live" myself. And I often say "What do you do for a living"?, instead of "What is your occupation"? after too many blank stares at the word OCCUPATION.

Top two:
People that say "ant" for "and."

People that use "then" when "than" is the correct word

Warrior sent me a neg-rep message in response to my OP: “White folks in”... I have no idea what it means...

I tried to send him back this message:

“thanks, old buddy...

glad to see you back in action again... I've missed you... I was actually starting to worry if you were okay...”

but I got this message back after I sent it:

“Warrior102 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Warrior102 from the recipient list and send the message again.”

w00t...

I just now got another one from Warrior:

New reputation!
Hi, you have received -596 reputation points from Warrior102.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Just where in the fuck is \"Redneck County\" you assfucking littel Goddamned bitch?

Regards,
Warrior102

Redneck Country?
Where the fuck's that asswipe?

He meant "country people" I'm sure..............................:eusa_angel:

What would that mean?
I live in the country and I'd be happy to match degrees, paychecks and assets with that fucking inbred any day.

for me, "redneck country" means the area where most of my relatives live (Louisiana and Mississippi north of the Gulf Coast)... it's not in any way meant to be a pejorative term... it's just meant to define that area in relation to where I live, which is the Gulf Coast Cajun Country... my apologizes if you took offense at it...

Forum List

Back