Wondering how Obamacare affects your tax return? Relax: You just need to know your NABPP and SLCSP f

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
oh well, they had to pass it in order for YOU the citizen to see what was in it. NOW PAY UP suckers

SNIP:
Wondering how Obamacare affects your tax return? Relax: You just need to know your NABPP and SLCSP from your SRP, MEC and ECN – and follow the IRS's 21 PAGE guide
  • Lengthy and impersonal 'Publication 5187' is now available as Americans grapple with Obamacare's impact on their annual tax returns
  • Includes 4-page glossary of terms and acronyms taxpayers need to understand because of the Affordable Care Act
  • Boiled down: Get medical insurance, prove you aren't required to, or pay a new tax
  • Some example scenarios in the IRS manual are more than 150 words long, use confusing language and refer taxpayers to still more instructions
By David Martosko, Us Political Editor For Dailymail.com
Published: 15:44 EST, 8 January 2015 | Updated: 17:53 EST, 8 January 2010
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cluding-4-page-list-definitions.html#comments
Ready? Set? Go crazy. Most Americans' 2014 tax returns are due in 14 weeks, and the Internal Revenue Service is trying to cope with reams of new Obamacare regulations with a lengthy instruction manual that's likely to send countless taxpayers sprinting toward accountants and other tax preparers.

The manual, called 'Publication 5187 – Health Care Law: What’s New for Individuals & Families,' is 21 pages long and written with all the compassion of a mediaeval dentist.

Its central instruction, though, is simple: Either prove you have medical insurance that satisfies the Affordable Care Act, or prove you have an exemption. Otherwise, calculate how much extra you owe in taxes.
SCROLL DOWN TO READ THE MANUAL, IF YOU DARE

ALL of it here:
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2902379/IRS-issues-21-PAGES-mind-numbing-instructions-Americans-calculate-owe-new-Obamacare-taxes-including-4-page-list-definitions.html#ixzz3OKPwFBKo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Yeah, and our income tax code has always been so simple before.

Relax Stephanie. Your health care is still free, you still won't have to pay any income taxes and no, Obama isn't coming for your cheese.

I gave up on doing our own taxes years ago, now I have TURBO TAX to do it for me, sort of....

File an extension was something I saw (recommended) on another site. one fact is this law is still being challenged and could change at any time it seems

Forum List

Back