CDZ Women should embrace both owning and carrying guns as acts of personal empowerment.

Sure, when a gun is not available, I guess they can't. But that leaves them cars, ropes, pills, toasters in the filled up bathtubs, the gas stove and soooooooooo much more.

And you've yet to provide a single study showing that if someones suicidal, that, lacking a gun stops them from comitting suicide.

You make us all proud we are not stupid, like you.
Nor is it important to the discussion about guns. Perhaps you have your threads mixed up?

OMG, this corn dude is a laugh a minute.

I accept your surrender

You couldn't make a deaf man surrender in a game of Name that tune.

You were much easier to crack.

Apparently not, you wilted like the lil flower you iz

Nor is it important to the discussion about guns. Perhaps you have your threads mixed up?

I accept your surrender

Yet here you are trying desperately to inject other forms of suicide into the thread about guns. Bless your desperate little heart. I actually feel sorry for you

I accept your surrender

Yet here you are trying desperately to inject other forms of suicide into the thread about guns. Bless your desperate little heart. I actually feel sorry for you

The statistical nature of this conversation appears to be WAY over your mental capabilities.

If a gun is not present in a house with a suicidal person, what study do you have that proves that the person would SIMPLY not use other means.

You have provided none, so we must assume, it is NOT the gun that is the main factor in the suicide, BUT THE PERSON!

Thank you, thank you, I hope you enjoyed CandyCorns show, theirs another one in half an hour, enjoy the veal, tip the waitress.

I accept your surrender

The statistical nature of this conversation appears to be WAY over your mental capabilities.

If a gun is not present in a house with a suicidal person, what study do you have that proves that the person would SIMPLY not use other means.

You have provided none, so we must assume, it is NOT the gun that is the main factor in the suicide, BUT THE PERSON!

Thank you, thank you, I hope you enjoyed CandyCorns show, theirs another one in half an hour, enjoy the veal, tip the waitress.

Because it’s irrelevant...just like your shrill protest.

Because it blows you're pathetic argument out of the friggin water you mean.

20,000 people use a gun to end their lives yearly.

You must love that

The 250% chance you speak of is only if that house is owned by a gang member or someone involved in criminal activity or if you are suicidal.

For everyone else the odds of being killed by a gun in your house on any given day?

1 in 300,000,000

Promoting paranoia is shameful

Again, the lack of source material is quite telling.

2017: 505 accidental gun deaths

2017: 326,000,000 estimated population in U.S.

Gun violence in the United States - Wikipedia

U.S. Population (2018) - Worldometers

Nuff said

If you aren’t a gang member, in the committing a crime or committing suicide, the odds of dying be gun?

1.55 in 3,000,000,000

It was 1 in 300,000,000 (which is nuts); now it's 1.55 in 3 Billion??? (which is clinically insane). Much like the author of the nonsense.

You correctly pointed out the additional zero.

1.55 per 300,000,000 is the correct odds.

So, let’s test how paranoid you should be.

A prisoner of war is called to the prison office.

The commander is holding an envelope and tells you to pick a number between 1 and 300,000,000.

If you pick the one number in the envelope you die, pick any other, you go free.

How paranoid are you when picking the number? Here’s a clue. You’d be packing your bags for home. The chances of picking the number is so low to be laughable.

As is your argument

Again, not sure where you're getting the odds.
Making the nonsensical assumption that the only people who own guns (and as a result die from accidental gun deaths) are in crime infested areas is pretty stupid as well
And you cannot rule out the suicides just because it makes your moronic statistics look worse..

Who said "the only people"? I believe the point is that such people skew the statistics enormously, and lead the likes of you to form completely inaccurate conclusions.

You CAN rule out the suicides when discussing YOUR moronic quacking about "owning a gun is dangerous to you and makes you more likely to die!" The gun is not the source of danger, EVER. The danger is ALWAYS the person holding it. That holds just as true, if not even more so, for someone who is suicidal.

You must love that

And if not with a gun, it's likely another device, that MAKES IT SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER, Right?

Ask the lady who died because a kid committed suicide by jumping off a bridge, not only killing himself BUT HER AS WELL!.

Much better, right? He had the chance not only to kill himself, but a woman as well!

You getting a woody just thinking bout it?

You must love that

And if not with a gun, it's likely another device, that MAKES IT SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER, Right?

Ask the lady who died because a kid committed suicide by jumping off a bridge, not only killing himself BUT HER AS WELL!.

Much better, right? He had the chance not only to kill himself, but a woman as well!

So you don’t deny you love death by gun. Thanks

You must love that

I'll bet the woman killed when the lil dude jumped off the bridge wished he'd had a gun at home. You? Or do you get the wood thinking he took her with him?

The 250% chance you speak of is only if that house is owned by a gang member or someone involved in criminal activity or if you are suicidal.

For everyone else the odds of being killed by a gun in your house on any given day?

1 in 300,000,000

Promoting paranoia is shameful

Again, the lack of source material is quite telling.

Nuff said

If you aren’t a gang member, in the committing a crime or committing suicide, the odds of dying be gun?

1.55 in 3,000,000,000
In my 68 years on this earth I have lived in the country, in a small town and in a large city. I have lived alone and with my family. I have walked through the city alone at 3:00 am and at no time have I ever felt the need to own a gun.

I have never been attacked or robbed, except our house was broken into once when we went to the cottage. The thief stole my husband’s pot plants. The expensive camera sitting on the shelf beside them was left behind.

If you own a gun, you have a 250% greater chance of being shot than if you don’t own a gun. If guns kept you safe, Americans would be the safest people in the world. Instead, theirs in the least safe country in the first world.

Wow...did that hurt when you pulled that number out of your ass....since no research actually shows that as being true, factual or based in reality....

Do you know that each rape, robbery and murder victim believed the exact same thing you believe....until they are raped, robbed or murdered?

Do you understand that Britain has banned and confiscated guns......and their gun crime rate has increased every year? It was up 23% across England and Wales...up 42% in London and up 30% in Yorkshire.....do you fucking understand that?

Do you understand that Sweden has gone from the Swedish Bikini team to the land of guns and grenades? Do you understand that?

Do you understand that criminals in France get fully automatic military rifles so easily, they are status symbols for them?

And as more Americans own and carry guns....?

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Do YOU understand that the murder rates in the US are 7 times those of the nearest first world country and no it’s not just inner city criminals.

Do YOU realize that in other countries, they count simple assaults that the US doesn’t even keep track of, as violent crimes?

Do YOU understand that more Americans in the US have been killed by guns in the past 30 years than in all of the wars in the past 100 years.

There is no way that you can frame the numbers to show the US is safer because of the availability of guns.

Gun are NOT keeping you safe.
Put another way:

If guns made the population safer, the US, by far, would have the fewest crimes in the history of the species since, by far, we have the most guns in the hands of We the People. Instead, we have, by far, the most violent advanced society in the history of the species. Unless you want to argue that Americans are just more homicidal than other people, you have to look at other factors. We have the same books, the same movies, the same video games, the same TV shows as other advanced nations in Europe, the Far East, Australia etc... The only other thing that we have that they do not is the 2nd Amendment.

They lived through World War 2 and their society was created through feudalism...ours wasn't...and didn't......

They banned guns.....and they now have more gun crime not less.....

Sweden...the home of the Swedish bikini team is now the home of guns and grenade attacks........

You just don't get it....the welfare states have destroyed the family unit....single teenage mothers are no longer able to civilize their young males, and they have imported males from the 3rd world who do not share their values and culture...

And Cornball and her ilk are NEVER, EVER going to look any deeper than "OMG, guns izzz SCAWY!!"

You must love that

I'll bet the woman killed when the lil dude jumped off the bridge wished he'd had a gun at home. You? Or do you get the wood thinking he took her with him?

Again the discussion is (or was anyway) about guns. Not sure (or interested) in your yarns.

Nuff said

1.55 in 3,000,000,000
Wow...did that hurt when you pulled that number out of your ass....since no research actually shows that as being true, factual or based in reality....

Do you know that each rape, robbery and murder victim believed the exact same thing you believe....until they are raped, robbed or murdered?

Do you understand that Britain has banned and confiscated guns......and their gun crime rate has increased every year? It was up 23% across England and Wales...up 42% in London and up 30% in Yorkshire.....do you fucking understand that?

Do you understand that Sweden has gone from the Swedish Bikini team to the land of guns and grenades? Do you understand that?

Do you understand that criminals in France get fully automatic military rifles so easily, they are status symbols for them?

And as more Americans own and carry guns....?

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

--------
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Do YOU understand that the murder rates in the US are 7 times those of the nearest first world country and no it’s not just inner city criminals.

Do YOU realize that in other countries, they count simple assaults that the US doesn’t even keep track of, as violent crimes?

Do YOU understand that more Americans in the US have been killed by guns in the past 30 years than in all of the wars in the past 100 years.

There is no way that you can frame the numbers to show the US is safer because of the availability of guns.

To further show how innacurate that point is....According to the CDC, Americans use guns 2.4 million times a year to stop crimes...that means lives saved, rapes stopped, lives that are not ruined by violent criminals.......

so....

30 years X 2,400,000 = 72,000,000 million crimes stopped by Americans who own and carry guns....

:bsflag: :th_believecrap:

The CDC did the research.... they did research from 1996-1998..... they found 2.4 million defensive gun uses by Americans.... they hid the data. The Department of Justice also researched gun self defense...they found 1.5 million defensive gun uses.....in 1995...... so tell them they are wrong....

Quite clearly, they are.

People....When you hear the bullshit stat of 72,000,000 million crimes stopped by someone with a gun in the last 30 years; ask yourself simple questions; do you know someone who actively stopped a violent crime with a gun? It is quite likely that you do not. Certainly, with 72,000,000 people out there stopping violent crimes, you should have run across probably 100 or 200. Again, do you know someone? Do any of the people you know have an awareness of a guy with a gun actively stopping someone by using a gun? Again, likely not. As pointed out by another poster, that is 6575 times a day or, if you prefer 273 times an hour; every hour; even at 4AM in the morning on Christmas!!!!

9/11 Truthers make more sense than this jerk.

No, Chuckles, it's quite likely YOU do not, because you live in a bubble with a giant "No Conservatives Allowed" sign hanging on it. I'll bet you ALSO don't personally know anyone who voted for Donald Trump, but that self-evidently doesn't mean no one DID.

I myself know a number of people who have used guns defensively. I even know a few people who have done so more than once.

Furthermore, do you ever stop to question why anything you disagree with is automatically "bullshit" and "impossible", regardless of where it comes from? I mean, here you are saying that the Department of Justice's statistics are "bullshit" simply because YOU don't think they sound right. Does that produce any sort of cognitive dissonance in your head at all?

Isn't ending one's life a personal choice that should be left to the person?

To further show how innacurate that point is....According to the CDC, Americans use guns 2.4 million times a year to stop crimes...that means lives saved, rapes stopped, lives that are not ruined by violent criminals.......

so....

30 years X 2,400,000 = 72,000,000 million crimes stopped by Americans who own and carry guns....

The CDC did the research.... they did research from 1996-1998..... they found 2.4 million defensive gun uses by Americans.... they hid the data. The Department of Justice also researched gun self defense...they found 1.5 million defensive gun uses.....in 1995...... so tell them they are wrong....

Quite clearly, they are.

People....When you hear the bullshit stat of 72,000,000 million crimes stopped by someone with a gun in the last 30 years; ask yourself simple questions; do you know someone who actively stopped a violent crime with a gun? It is quite likely that you do not. Certainly, with 72,000,000 people out there stopping violent crimes, you should have run across probably 100 or 200. Again, do you know someone? Do any of the people you know have an awareness of a guy with a gun actively stopping someone by using a gun? Again, likely not. As pointed out by another poster, that is 6575 times a day or, if you prefer 273 times an hour; every hour; even at 4AM in the morning on Christmas!!!!

No, Chuckles, it's quite likely YOU do not, because you live in a bubble with a giant "No Conservatives Allowed" sign hanging on it. I'll bet you ALSO don't personally know anyone who voted for Donald Trump, but that self-evidently doesn't mean no one DID.

I myself know a number of people who have used guns defensively. I even know a few people who have done so more than once.

Furthermore, do you ever stop to question why anything you disagree with is automatically "bullshit" and "impossible", regardless of where it comes from? I mean, here you are saying that the Department of Justice's statistics are "bullshit" simply because YOU don't think they sound right. Does that produce any sort of cognitive dissonance in your head at all?

So you honestly believe that a population the size of Europe actually actively prevented violent crimes on top of all of the crimes that we know about? Put another way, you think that there was 72 million more crimes than was reported.....

You’re mental if you do.

so....

Quite clearly, they are.

I have never met anyone who had an encounter with a bear out in the wild....so I guess that means there are no bears in the wild........

I do know someone who used a gun to scare off 2 robbers...... I know 2 people who were robbed at gun point, had they had guns at the time, they wouldn't have been robbed.....

Wow...3; were they in the same day? If not, you have to account for the other 6500 on those days.

As for bears in the wild--the latest false equivalence from gun nuts I suppose--they do exist and people do encounter them; likely not 6,500 in a day or 72,000,000 in 30 years; just like you repeating the fable about active gun defenses.

So NOW your "evidence" that the Department of Justice is "bullshit" is that 2aguy is PERSONALLY required to know every one of 72 million people over the last 30 years, or it's all invalid?

Can you possibly see how people MIGHT dismiss you as a blind partisan hack who not only isn't interested in the truth, but is actively hostile to it?

Quite clearly, they are.

I have never met anyone who had an encounter with a bear out in the wild....so I guess that means there are no bears in the wild........

I do know someone who used a gun to scare off 2 robbers...... I know 2 people who were robbed at gun point, had they had guns at the time, they wouldn't have been robbed.....

Wow...3; were they in the same day? If not, you have to account for the other 6500 on those days.

As for bears in the wild--the latest false equivalence from gun nuts I suppose--they do exist and people do encounter them; likely not 6,500 in a day or 72,000,000 in 30 years; just like you repeating the fable about active gun defenses.

So NOW your "evidence" that the Department of Justice is "bullshit" is that 2aguy is PERSONALLY required to know every one of 72 million people over the last 30 years, or it's all invalid?

Can you possibly see how people MIGHT dismiss you as a blind partisan hack who not only isn't interested in the truth, but is actively hostile to it?

6500+ instances a day. One would logically think 10% would be reported. If you can find 0.5% reported (32) tomorrow, I’ll embrace the number.

Quite clearly, they are.

As for bears in the wild--the latest false equivalence from gun nuts I suppose--they do exist and people do encounter them;

No....they don't exist..... according to your own rules, I have not met anyone who has encountered a bear in the wild, so no, they don't actually exist.....

When you have to mis-characterize what was stated...you're exhibiting a very weak mind; not to mention dishonesty which has become your trademark.

Actually, that's EXACTLY what you said.

"Quite clearly, they ("they" being the Centers for Disease Control AND the Department of Justice) are.

9/11 Truthers make more sense than this jerk."

By all means, explain to us how this quote is being "mis-characterized" as saying that defensive uses of guns are "fables" (one of your other quotes), and that by the same token, anything that is said to happen in large numbers, but which we, personally, have never encountered, is ALSO a "bullshit stat", to borrow your words.

What is irrelevant are little antifacorn punks who think their emotions dictate reality.

Psst..they don't.

Quite clearly, they are.

Come to think of it...I don't know anyone who was murdered either...so murder is just a fantasy too.... rape too.....since I don't know anyone who was raped.... and a lot of other things and people I have never experienced or met...so they are all fantasies too....right?

Fantasies such as 6,500 gun defenses per hour? Are you hearing shots outside your window? How many stories will be in the paper tomorrow about these fantasy gun defenses...maybe 3 nationwide. Thanks for the giggle.

In a nation of 300 million people, why is that a "fantasy", leaving alone for a second that it comes from the government agency whose primary job is to keep track of such stuff, and is disputed by no more than YOU saying, "That just sounds silly to me, ergo it's wrong and I'm right"?

Forum List

Back