Women. Religion’s longest running victims.

So you told me how Christianity feels about Paganism. Was that meant to be some sort of valuable insight? Because it wasn't. I know how Christians feel about Pagans.

I am not even interested in this topic, yet here I am discussing Paganism with you because of how you ignorantly used the word to describe feminists. Is it because you view Pagans as "anyone at enmity with God", and you assume feminists to be "at enmity with God", and thus they must be Pagans in your eyes? Is that what this "discussion" is about? Indoctrinated Christian thought and how it affects your perspective of people you spiritually disagree with, whom you and many people of your religion inaccurately label as Pagans?

I feel like we are now arguing for the sake of arguing, and that does not interest me at all. We are also waaaay past off topic.

Go on using "Pagan" as a derogatory term if you feel so compelled by your religion to do so.

Last edited:
So you told me how Christianity feels about Paganism. Was that meant to be some sort of valuable insight? Because it wasn't. I know how Christians feel about Pagans.

I am not even interested in this topic, yet here I am discussing Paganism with you because of how you ignorantly used the word to describe feminists. Is it because you view Pagans as "anyone at enmity with God", and you assume feminists to be "at enmity with God", and thus they must be Pagans in your eyes? Is that what this "discussion" is about? Indoctrinated Christian thought and how it affects your perspective of people you spiritually disagree with, whom you and many people of your religion inaccurately label as Pagans?

I feel like we are now arguing for the sake of arguing, and that does not interest me at all. We are also waaaay past off topic.

Go on using "Pagan" as a derogatory term if you feel so compelled by your religion to do so.

Okay. Christianity holds that all forms of paganism, indeed, all other religious systems of thought, are not merely false, but evil, entailing the worship of demonic forces at enmity with God. Fact.

Okay. Christianity holds that all forms of paganism, indeed, all other religious systems of thought, are not merely false, but evil, entailing the worship of demonic forces at enmity with God. Fact.

Oh, how hopelessly indoctrinated one must be to embrace such a ridiculous perspective...

Interesting that while some here protest that christian woman are not second class citizens, many of you have said you are against equal pay for equal work, abortion on demand, child care in the work place, open breastfeeding, welfare assistance for single mothers who are the sole providers of their children, foodstamps for children, elderly, handicapped and have posted in favor of men who fight against equality for women.

Some of you thump on your bibles while you work damn hard to keep women down.
why do you think killing your children should be a right?.....

Why will you not support a crack baby and leave it to poor mothers or the taxpayers to do so?

Put your money where your mouth is and perhaps the worst statistical offender for abortions, the U.S. will smarten up.

If your daughter were pregnant, you, like most so called Christians, would likely get her to abort.

Regards
DL

Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures in high tech times and we are not smart enough to recognize that the world will continue in strife as long as we men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families.

I hope you are astute enough to see this. If you do nothing then you know not what duty to your family should be. The women in your family deserve to be first class citizens.

Men are maintaining God’s curse against women. He will rule over you.

Men. Christians, Catholics and Muslims. Free your women. It’s time. Man up.

Please.

Regards
DL

Peace,

I don't see how women are in bondage (need to be "freed" as you claim). Can you explain how women are in bondage?

He shall rule over you shows the bondage right in the words.

This clip is fairly current Christian attitude wise but one would have to have his head in the sand to think that women are treated as equal in our communities.

Women are still earning about 70% of what men make for the same work.

Thanks primarily to Christian men who have been the majority in the West forever.

Regards
DL

DL ~ The more you go on with your total misunderstanding of who God actually is and why He does what He does, & when He does it, the more dissatisfaction and anger I see. Why do you display such anger in your rhetoric?? Does it make you feel better about yourself to write hateful demeaning rhetoric ?

If we could look into each others heart and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think that we would treat each other much more gently, and with much more patience, love and care.

BTW, I made it through my cardiac surgery in complete peace and without fear because I know that I know my Lord is with me always. I still tire easily, so please forgive me if I don't yet have the energy to answer you more completely,,,,,

Only a fool would think God small enough that one could know him at all.

Sages cannot fathom the unfathomable yet you somehow can. And guess what, your God just happens to be your family's historical God.

How handy was that?

Go away deluded person.

Regards
DL

Interesting that while some here protest that christian woman are not second class citizens, many of you have said you are against equal pay for equal work, abortion on demand, child care in the work place, open breastfeeding, welfare assistance for single mothers who are the sole providers of their children, foodstamps for children, elderly, handicapped and have posted in favor of men who fight against equality for women.

Why will you not support a crack baby and leave it to poor mothers or the taxpayers to do so?

Put your money where your mouth is and perhaps the worst statistical offender for abortions, the U.S. will smarten up.

If your daughter were pregnant, you, like most so called Christians, would likely get her to abort.

Regards
DL
first, why do you believe I am against supporting crack babies......second why do you claim I would want my daughter to abort.....the truth is, when my daughter (who I adopted) was a sophomore in high school, SHE convinced a friend of hers to tell her parents about her pregnancy instead of aborting the child....she did so out of respect for her birth mother, who had not killed her.....

This clip is fairly current Christian attitude wise but one would have to have his head in the sand to think that women are treated as equal in our communities.

Thanks primarily to Christian men who have been the majority in the West forever.

Regards
DL

I'm having trouble accessing the clip but if the Bible says that a punishment for women is that their husband shall rule over them wouldn't it be going against God to try to change that?

And how can women be earning less money for the same jobs if sexual discrimination is illegal in America?

DL ~ The more you go on with your total misunderstanding of who God actually is and why He does what He does, & when He does it, the more dissatisfaction and anger I see. Why do you display such anger in your rhetoric?? Does it make you feel better about yourself to write hateful demeaning rhetoric ?

If we could look into each others heart and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think that we would treat each other much more gently, and with much more patience, love and care.

BTW, I made it through my cardiac surgery in complete peace and without fear because I know that I know my Lord is with me always. I still tire easily, so please forgive me if I don't yet have the energy to answer you more completely,,,,,

Sages cannot fathom the unfathomable yet you somehow can. And guess what, your God just happens to be your family's historical God.

How handy was that?

Go away deluded person.

Regards
DL

If you don't want an answer, then please don't ask the question. BTW, my family was mostly non Christian, and I did not become a Christian until much later in life. It bothers me not that you consider me a fool for having a personal relationship with God, but it saddens me that you have turned your back to the only real free gift you will ever be given that determines your eternal life. However, that is your choice, and as such, I now can see why you are filled with so much anger...but life doesn't have to be that way, and I hope that perhaps you will tire of carrying that chip around on your shoulder,,,,and turn to the one real constant available.

Regards
DL
first, why do you believe I am against supporting crack babies......second why do you claim I would want my daughter to abort.....the truth is, when my daughter (who I adopted) was a sophomore in high school, SHE convinced a friend of hers to tell her parents about her pregnancy instead of aborting the child....she did so out of respect for her birth mother, who had not killed her.....

We all know the odd exception my friend and let me tone it down a notch with you.

We as a society have been aborting children forever. Even many of the Christian and Catholic orphanages have been implicated in baby murders. This is world wide and a system that forced men of good heart to initiate abortion laws to at least protect those it could. The women.

Compare.

“If a woman grows weary and, at last, dies from childbearing, it matters not. Let her die from bearing - she is there to do it.”
- Martin Luther

If society, mostly Christians and Catholics at that time as well as today, had stepped up to help these women and potential children more, abortion laws would not have been necessary.

Further, way too many of these potential children were from incest and other family situations. As it happens today.

We have already failed these girls and women as a society and to further deny their needs would be a sin.

They, like women in general, should not be discriminated against for being what we as a society created.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I'm having trouble accessing the clip but if the Bible says that a punishment for women is that their husband shall rule over them wouldn't it be going against God to try to change that?

And how can women be earning less money for the same jobs if sexual discrimination is illegal in America?

You would have to ask your judges why men who pay, penalize women for being women. Your courts have many such cases on the docket. Sit in on a case and perhaps you can answer that question for us both.

As to going against a God. Let him show up to defend his law to all the oppressed women of this world.

They will know what to do with his immoral ass.

Regards
DL

...I'm not Muslim but I know that the Qur'an (the book of scripture of Islam) says, "Let there be no compulsion in religion:..." Did anyone ask if the women in those photos dress that way because they want to?

Let me answer this way. 5,000 so called Honor killings per year.

I have forgotten how many men also like to use acid to the face for infractions.

Islam, like Christianity, have a decent left and center but those right wing nuts have to go.

So does the literal reading of myths that spawns such harmful people.

Regards
DL

How handy was that?

Go away deluded person.

Regards
DL

If you don't want an answer, then please don't ask the question. BTW, my family was mostly non Christian, and I did not become a Christian until much later in life. It bothers me not that you consider me a fool for having a personal relationship with God, but it saddens me that you have turned your back to the only real free gift you will ever be given that determines your eternal life. However, that is your choice, and as such, I now can see why you are filled with so much anger...but life doesn't have to be that way, and I hope that perhaps you will tire of carrying that chip around on your shoulder,,,,and turn to the one real constant available.

A constant lie like what you live. No thanks.

I would not be that cruel to my mind and would not wish it on anyone the way you are doing. Shame on you. If you can't see God in all, you can't see God at all.

Regards
DL

The real question is: why do women adhere to religions that put them down and keep them there? Like, why would a woman agree to be part of a religion where they have to wear a sheet over their head in the hot desert?

No need to go over the sea.

The same type of crap is right here.

Catholics split over church s campaign against same-sex marriage - CNN.com

Regards
DL
Not even remotely similar. Please try again.

In both, we do not walk our equality talk.

Regards
DL

Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures in high tech times and we are not smart enough to recognize that the world will continue in strife as long as we men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families.

I hope you are astute enough to see this. If you do nothing then you know not what duty to your family should be. The women in your family deserve to be first class citizens.

Men are maintaining God’s curse against women. He will rule over you.

Men. Christians, Catholics and Muslims. Free your women. It’s time. Man up.

Please.

Regards
DL

This statistic was undoubtedly the most striking: in committing acts of domestic violence, more women than men (25 percent versus 11 percent) were responsible. In fact, in the 71 percent of nonreciprocal partner violence instances, the instigator was the woman. This flies in the face of the long-held belief that female aggression in a relationship is most often predicated on self-defense.

Request Rejected

Things to consider before lumping Christian based societies with Islamic ones.

Do you think that is even remotely the same in Arabia or Egypt?

Regards
DL

We all know the odd exception my friend and let me tone it down a notch with you.

We as a society have been aborting children forever. Even many of the Christian and Catholic orphanages have been implicated in baby murders. This is world wide and a system that forced men of good heart to initiate abortion laws to at least protect those it could. The women.

Compare.

“If a woman grows weary and, at last, dies from childbearing, it matters not. Let her die from bearing - she is there to do it.”
- Martin Luther

If society, mostly Christians and Catholics at that time as well as today, had stepped up to help these women and potential children more, abortion laws would not have been necessary.

Further, way too many of these potential children were from incest and other family situations. As it happens today.

We have already failed these girls and women as a society and to further deny their needs would be a sin.

They, like women in general, should not be discriminated against for being what we as a society created.

Regards
DL
wait....are you saying that you believe the purpose of abortion is only to save the life of the mother?.......what about the other 97% of abortions, then........

Forum List

Back