Women now eligible for combat duty . ..

Typical of the left, let their woman do their fighting for them, I mean we all know the average woman has more balls than any liberal guy, but the reality is that this is a social experiment that will get people killed. Woman cannot do the job.

Sure women can fly air craft, drive trucks and tanks, perform maintenance on equipment, etc.

But we haven't been in a real knock down drag out war since Vietnam.

We have basically been fighting Taliban farmers and backyard trained jihadists.

But if we once again were in an all out war against a formidable opponent; think Japan and Germany during WWII

Where there was times of savage hand to hand combat.

Having women in infantry combat roles would be a huge mistake.

And put our young male soldiers at a tremendous disadvantage during times of close combat with the enemy.

A lot of fear in this thread. I know female soldiers who can out press their male counterparts. There is nothing that suggests a woman will automatically lose in hand to hand combat with a male.

I agree with Skye, it should be about skill, not what parts you keep under your uniform.

If the women are trained properly in these "close quarters" there is no disadvantage. Indeed, a smaller sized body would have the greater advantage in the fighting scenario you describe.
Obviously, you have never served or been in combat......... :cool:

Yes I have. I trained with women in martial arts and others areas as well. My patrol partner was female, I trusted her with my life.

A lot of fear in this thread. I know female soldiers who can out press their male counterparts. There is nothing that suggests a woman will automatically lose in hand to hand combat with a male.

I agree with Skye, it should be about skill, not what parts you keep under your uniform.

Frist off I doubt that, secondly bench pressing is not the most important physical qualification needed for the Infantry. Woman are NOT built for the Infantry and we will have to lower the standards to let them get into the Infantry meaning guys will get killed.

If the women are trained properly in these "close quarters" there is no disadvantage. Indeed, a smaller sized body would have the greater advantage in the fighting scenario you describe.
Obviously, you have never served or been in combat......... :cool:

Yes I have. I trained with women in martial arts and others areas as well. My patrol partner was female, I trusted her with my life.

He wanted to know if you have ever served in combat, not trained in martial arts. It's obvious that you never served in an Infantry unit if you think woman would be able to do the job. If they could, then explain why we have had to, all over the nation, lower the physical fitness qualifications for Police and Fire depts to allow woman to serve in them, because they could NOT pass the original fitness tests that the men passed.

Those males should not be able to serve as infrantry or other combat teams.

Then why are the physical fitness standards during basic training lower for the female soldiers?? :cool:

Last edited:
Any women serving on front lines would just be brutally raped by our enemies if they are ever captured. Its happened many times to our women in uniform already.

I guess having our women subject to more violence including rape doesn't give our esteemed President any pause.

Panetta removes military ban on women in combat, opening thousands of front line positions - The Washington Post

This brings up an interesting question: If the draft were ever reinstated, would women now be eligible?

Will it be voluntary for the women?

In the all-volunteer Army, Infantry is always voluntary. So is every other MOS (Military Occupation Specialty).

No, joining the military is voluntary. Once your in you can be changed to another MOS if the branch your in needs it filled.

Temporary stress reduction for the male soldiers is the only role that a female soldiers should be allowed to do if assigned to a front line infantry combat unit. :cool:

A little humor is good from time to time, but it has to be funny first.

But we haven't been in a real knock down drag out war since Vietnam.

That's total bullshit based upon ignorance. That's like the WWII Vets telling we Vietnam Veteran's, "Let me tell you about a REAL war," which I actually heard.

This war has been as "real" as any other and, in many respects, was worse than mine. I got to fight in a heated jungle. These magnificent men and women have had to fight in very close quarters, room to room, in heat that would have killed us...AND while wearing body armor we didn't have!

Today's young men and women are TWICE the soldiers any of us were. AND...none of them had to be there! They ALL volunteered, which is something we old farts can't claim.

We have basically been fighting Taliban farmers and backyard trained jihadists.

What a load of arrogant, uninformed, idiotic bullshit.

But if we once again were in an all out war against a formidable opponent; think Japan and Germany during WWII

Where there was times of savage hand to hand combat.

Having women in infantry combat roles would be a huge mistake.

Yeah, says the guy who any 90 lb. woman could whip easily.

And put our young male soldiers at a tremendous disadvantage during times of close combat with the enemy.

How so?

In the all-volunteer Army, Infantry is always voluntary. So is every other MOS (Military Occupation Specialty).

No, joining the military is voluntary. Once your in you can be changed to another MOS if the branch your in needs it filled.

That's not common practice.

The needs of the Service outweigh the needs of the individual and that IS common practice in the Military.

Temporary stress reduction for the male soldiers is the only role that a female soldiers should be allowed to do if assigned to a front line infantry combat unit. :cool:

A little humor is good from time to time, but it has to be funny first.
Don't worry too much about it Jody.

Since the repeal of DADT you can now get your fudge packed in the AO :cool:

Forum List

Back