Woman tasered near US/Canadian border for refusing trunk search.

I hope the next person that a cop tortures to get his rocks off is you, or one of your children.

You wont see me on the side of the road acting like an idiot,so dont bet the farm on it.

When a crazy cop pulls that kind of crap, it's usually more about the cop's violent nature than about anything the victim might do.

It was the womans suspicious behavior that brought the pain.
Some good advice.....Dont act like you have a kilo in the trunk and you wont get tased.

Bend over much?

She was pulled over for secondary inspection, which is reasonable suspicion AND she then refused to obey lawful orders while being detained. She was not practicing her rights

Fucking morons.

What reasonable suspicion did they have?

I really dont get all the hysteria.
I've had my FJ searched before crossing the Hoover dam. All you have to do is be cooperative and they generally will send you on your way after you've shown you dont have a problem with it.
They're looking for the people who act like the chick did. You know,the suspicious type.

I'm former law enforcement , and no one searches me or my vehicle just because. That isn't the issue here, the issue is the woman did not comply with lawful orders. A cop tells you to stand over there and stand still for a moment, you do what you're told.

I really dont have a problem with it when it's at a check point like the Hoover dam or the border.
Guys are just doing their job.
I do however have a problem with DWI type check points and I appreciate the fact that those have been ruled unconstitutional in Texas.

This wasn't at a border.

Ask STTAB. He got him a edumacation on where the border is. From a girl.
giggle.gif

More to the point, see this post and the link therein.

It certainly was at a border town , it was a secondary stop so yes it wasn't right on the border. Look at a map pogo the little tow is right on the St Lawrence river, which IS the border.

I hope the next person that a cop tortures to get his rocks off is you, or one of your children.

You wont see me on the side of the road acting like an idiot,so dont bet the farm on it.

When a crazy cop pulls that kind of crap, it's usually more about the cop's violent nature than about anything the victim might do.

Some good advice.....Dont act like you have a kilo in the trunk and you wont get tased.

Bend over much?

So you're telling me you would act like the chick in the video?
I call bullshit.
There are ways to protest these sort of things if you're so inclined.
Acting like a moron isnt one of them. With all the videos on the internet showing the proper way to go about it I'd say the woman was a victim of her own stupidity.

So I'm telling you when the authority figure you love to bend over with goes over the line, that's on them -- not the victim.

"Acting like a moron" isn't illegal. That's why you're still walking around. :D

Not to mention the geographically-challenged poster just before this one.

Furthermore the proper reaction to "acting like you have a kilo in the trunk" isn't tasing.

Dumb shit Pogo acting like the Border Patrol is pulling people over on the side of the Highway in Kansas or something.

Moron

Once again for the dense, from post 54....

• Even in places far removed from the border, deep into the interior of the country, immigration officials enjoy broad—though not limitless—powers. Specifically, federal regulations give U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) authority to operate within 100 miles of any U.S. "external boundary."
  • Many people think that border-related policies only impact people living in border towns like El Paso or San Diego. The reality is that Border Patrol's interior enforcement operations encroach deep into and across the United States, affecting the majority of Americans.
  • Roughly two-thirds of the United States' population lives within the 100-mile zone—that is, within 100 miles of a U.S. land or coastal border. That's about 200 million people.
  • Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont lie entirely or almost entirely within this area.
  • Nine of the ten largest U.S. metropolitan areas, as determined by the 2010 Census, also fall within this zone: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego and San José.

She was pulled over for secondary inspection, which is reasonable suspicion AND she then refused to obey lawful orders while being detained. She was not practicing her rights

Fucking morons.

According to the article, several officers thought she was behaving suspiciously, Which as a former MP I will be the first to admit isn't always proof that a person is guilty of anything. People just get nervous around cops sometimes and give off a vibe they didn't mean to give off. But a good encounter can come from that. This woman simply didn't behave reasonably after being pulled over for secondary inspection to give the agents time to determine whether her behavior was due to nerves or something else.

A large part of the encounter was filmed. She was less than agreeable, but did nothing to indicate she might have been a danger to anyone. The "her behavior forced the cop to do that" excuse just doesn't hold water this time. This wasn't a sudden incident where the cop had to make a snap judgment. That makes me wonder how many times the cops used that excuse before and got away with it.

I watched the incident. In my personal opinion the officer did go to the taser too quickly. But, unless you've ever been there you can't understand the reasoning behind a decision. Take for example, the Michael Brown shooting; if that had been me, I wouldn't have had to have shot the fat kid. But that officer DID have to. Not every LEO can handle every situation the same. This LEO did not taze that woman out of malice, and that is the important factor here.

Personally, I HATE tazers, I think they actually encourage officers to use them and rely less on their own abilities, but that is at least somewhat due to the lowering of standards across the line when it comes to LEOs.

You admit that you didn't think he should have tazered her, yet you defend him doing it. I understand that officers have to be allowed a small amount of judgmental leeway in snap decision situations. This was not a snap decision. Perhaps he is basically a good officer, and more training would prevent it from happening again, but his actions were wrong, and he needs to be made aware of it.

Bend over much?

I call bullshit.
Acting like a moron isnt one of them. With all the videos on the internet showing the proper way to go about it I'd say the woman was a victim of her own stupidity.

So I'm telling you when the authority figure you love to bend over with goes over the line, that's on them -- not the victim.

Furthermore the proper reaction to "acting like you have a kilo in the trunk" isn't tasing.

Hey stupid, how far is St Lawrence County, NY from the Canadian border?

You fucking idiot, this woman drove through the checkpoint and a BP car followed her on the HWY and pulled her over for another inspection.

This incident stems from her being suspicious AT the border and the BP deciding to do a secondary inspection.

The mere fact that you are even arguing this is idiotic.

She behaved like a pissy bitch throughout, refused any sort of co-operation, threatened to sue their asses, and kept asking why they wanted to search her car. She was rude, demanding and a total snot. I thought the officers were incredibly patient with her. But then I don't go around antagonizing law enforcement.
Did they have a search warrant?

BTW it's not illegal for her to be a "pissy bitch".

Bend over much?

I call bullshit.

You fucking idiot, this woman drove through the checkpoint and a BP car followed her on the HWY and pulled her over for another inspection.

This incident stems from her being suspicious AT the border and the BP deciding to do a secondary inspection.

It wasn't at the border Dumbass. You got schooled on that days ago.

Bend over much?

I call bullshit.

No shit you idiot, I never said it was, I said it was NEAR the border

Fucking illiterate, dishonest piece of shit

Not only that, it is entirely irrelevant whether it was at the border or not. Or are you saying the rules are different AT the border?

Loser.

Bend over much?

I call bullshit.

No shit you idiot, I never said it was, I said it was NEAR the border

Fucking illiterate, dishonest piece of shit

Not only that, it is entirely irrelevant whether it was at the border or not. Or are you saying the rules are different AT the border?

Loser.

Bawling%252520baby_thumb%25255B1%25255D.png

Meltdown in progress

This incident stems from her being suspicious AT the border

Bend over much?

I've had my FJ searched before crossing the Hoover dam. All you have to do is be cooperative and they generally will send you on your way after you've shown you dont have a problem with it.
They're looking for the people who act like the chick did. You know,the suspicious type.

I'm former law enforcement , and no one searches me or my vehicle just because. That isn't the issue here, the issue is the woman did not comply with lawful orders. A cop tells you to stand over there and stand still for a moment, you do what you're told.

I really dont have a problem with it when it's at a check point like the Hoover dam or the border.
I do however have a problem with DWI type check points and I appreciate the fact that those have been ruled unconstitutional in Texas.

This wasn't at a border.

giggle.gif

It certainly was at a border town , it was a secondary stop so yes it wasn't right on the border. Look at a map pogo the little tow is right on the St Lawrence river, which IS the border.

Yep....I was trying figure out what oth

Bend over much?

I call bullshit.

She's an idiot. As I've said multiple times,there are plenty of "how to" vids on the internet if you want to protest this kind of stuff. She didnt follow a single one of em.
To bad for her.

St. Lawrence County woman tased at border patrol checkpoint NCPR News
This is terrible. Is all this hyper vigilance really necessary? I like hiking there too, I hope they're not doing this up there. That's also considered the North Country. Really disappointing that we are being harassed like this.

I agree. Refusing a trunk search or any search is not grounds to taser or shoot people. My conclusion is that we have a very big problem with egomaniac law enforcement officers, and this problem should be addressed.

St. Lawrence County woman tased at border patrol checkpoint NCPR News
This is terrible. Is all this hyper vigilance really necessary? I like hiking there too, I hope they're not doing this up there. That's also considered the North Country. Really disappointing that we are being harassed like this.

I agree. Refusing a trunk search or any search is not grounds to taser or shoot people. My conclusion is that we have a very big problem with egomaniac law enforcement officers, and this problem should be addressed.

I suppose he could have beat her into submission....

Bend over much?

This wasn't at a border.

giggle.gif

Bend over much?

I call bullshit.

She's an idiot. As I've said multiple times,there are plenty of "how to" vids on the internet if you want to protest this kind of stuff. She didnt follow a single one of em.
To bad for her.

The only way to effectively contest that kind of police behavior is to have a video. Otherwise, they will believe anything the cop has to say.

Bend over much?

This wasn't at a border.

giggle.gif

Bend over much?

I call bullshit.

To bad for her.

The only way to effectively contest that kind of police behavior is to have a video. Otherwise, they will believe anything the cop has to say.

Uuuh...there is a video.
She went about it the wrong way. She drove through the check point rather than stopping and confronting them in a calm and calculated manner.
Once you run the check point and then start yelling and screaming all bets are off.
She's a dumbass plain and simple.

Bend over much?

This wasn't at a border.

giggle.gif

Bend over much?

I call bullshit.

To bad for her.

Uuuh...there is a video.
She went about it the wrong way. She drove through the check point rather than stopping and confronting them in a calm and calculated manner.
Once you run the check point and then start yelling and screaming all bets are off.

There's no indication from anyone that she didn't stop. She's already stopped when the video begins.

Might help to deal with the facts as they are rather than make shit up. There's no reason to tase a person for dumbassity. If there were you could be tased for this last post.

Bend over much?

This wasn't at a border.

giggle.gif

Bend over much?

I call bullshit.

To bad for her.

Uuuh...there is a video.

You're wrong on that point. She stopped at the checkpoint and was waved through but then pulled over for a secondary inspection.

Bend over much?

This wasn't at a border.

giggle.gif

I call bullshit.

To bad for her.

Uuuh...there is a video.

You're wrong on that point. She stopped at the checkpoint and was waved through but then pulled over for a secondary inspection.

Ah...so she started the asshatery when she was asked to pull over for a more thorough search.
She still went about it the wrong way if her intent was to be one of those people who confront the cops about their rights.

To bad for her.

Uuuh...there is a video.

Ah...so she started the asshatery when she was asked to pull over for a more thorough search.
She still went about it the wrong way if her intent was to be one of those people who confront the cops about their rights.

Agreed, but it is important to have the facts straight. Well, at least to me, people like Pogo only care when it is THEIR facts they want straight.

Forum List

Back