Wolf

Well now ya got me all FLUSTERED and I don't know what to say,,,, Tomorrow is another day and all we can do is take one at a time... :)

No Problem, thank you for giving your time to me again, last I heard you had NOTHING to say again to me for my words and photo. Thank you  I mean that very much! In all fairness, I’m really not a bad person….. Cheer’s with my Miller Lite righe here!!

No Problem, thank you for giving your time to me again, last I heard you had NOTHING to say again to me for my words and photo. Thank you  I mean that very much! In all fairness, I’m really not a bad person….. Cheer’s with my Miller Lite righe here!!

I learned long ago not to tell too much on the net. I got comfy here, posted about something private but since I forgot to keep my guard up, I posted something I shouldn't have. It was used in Mad Scientists reply as a weapon against me, not counting someone else other than him that used the info I posted as threats to "rape" me.
With that said...I reacted unfairly to you. I apologize. But I do not apologize for being crazy insane when it comes to animals and seeing dead photos of them. I never ever click on a thread that talks about animal abuse or shows pics of hurt animals. When I clicked on your thread title....it was a combo of things. Shock. Dismay. Hurt. Anger. Pain (when I'm in pain, I get grumpier than usual). And I reacted badly. I was reminded to never let my guard down. Ever.
I'm sorry I called you that name. And I'm sorry that wolf is dead.

Last edited:
Wolves typically resort to attacking livestock when wild prey is depleted: in Eurasia, a large part of the diet of some wolf populations consists of livestock, while such incidences are rare in North America.

Gray wolf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last year, in 2001, Ely lost 40 calves and two cows to wildlife attacks, mostly from mountain lions. One calf kill was linked to a wolf and he received $1,000 for it from the environmental group Defenders of Wildlife.

Wolf attacks

OH MY GOD!!!!

The big, bad wolf kills a few livestock here and there in the US!! For each cow they kill cougars slaughter 39!! This is surely a devastating economic blow the richest country in the world has no chance in hell of recovering from!!

Those deaths will undoubtedly drag the US, the economic powerhouse of the world, into the depths of misery and squalor typical of the fourth world with a standard of living comparable to Somalia, Cambodia and Haiti!!

Shame on AllieBaba, Mad Scientist and all the others who tried to justify this senseless killing!!

Grace and Sallow:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Shut up, fucktard. You know less about this situation than you do about any other situation you opine about so the world will be best served if you just keep your ignorant mouth shut.

I eat livestock also. I wasn't trying to make a point by posting that photo of the wolf. I'm in the Photo section here on the USMB and that's why I posted it here.
I didn't take that photo, nor did I shoot that wolf, if you don't like it don't look at it.

Wolves are indigenous to the United States..take only what they need..mate for life..and are good with their families.

Qualities I would think Americans would uphold and love.

Wolves are more human the most humans.

Here's the question those who bemoan culling need to answer...

Do you prefer a sickly, domesticated sort of wolf...or do you want vibrant, strong packs that remain wild?

Culling is a fact of life when you manage populations of animals.

Here's the question those who bemoan culling need to answer...

Do you prefer a sickly, domesticated sort of wolf...or do you want vibrant, strong packs that remain wild?

Culling is a fact of life when you manage populations of animals.

That was not a "sickly" wolf that got culled sweetie.

No, you idiot. You don't wait for them to get sickly.

Besides which, you don't know what it was. Size is not always an indication of status or strength in wild wolf packs.

No, you idiot. You don't wait for them to get sickly.

Besides which, you don't know what it was. Size is not always an indication of status or strength in wild wolf packs.

Do you think these things out before you post? Or do you just go half cocked.

Seriously?

What are you disputing? Do you know?

Yeah.

Size is an indication of health.

It's one of the measurements.

Man is a funny animal as well. It both grabs land to grow it's meat animals..and kills the meat animals of others.

Then complains when one of it's livestock are taken.

People living in the US Middle West who have experienced the exponential growth in coyote population and the commensurate risk of putting the family dog or cat out to do their business can understand takng one out of the system when the opportunity presents itself.

What are you disputing? Do you know?

Yeah.

Size is an indication of health.

It's one of the measurements.

Man is a funny animal as well. It both grabs land to grow it's meat animals..and kills the meat animals of others.

Then complains when one of it's livestock are taken.

Size can be an indication of health.

But it's certainly not the only indicator.

Not that it matters. I don't care about anyone's theories of how awful man is. If you want a healthy wolf population you will have to grow accustomed to culling practices.

Though I find it interesting that nobody feels sorry for the animals the wolves kill....and man has always killed wolves, btw. So that's perfectly natural as well.

I eat livestock also. I wasn't trying to make a point by posting that photo of the wolf. I'm in the Photo section here on the USMB and that's why I posted it here.
I didn't take that photo, nor did I shoot that wolf, if you don't like it don't look at it.

Wolves are indigenous to the United States..take only what they need..mate for life..and are good with their families.

Qualities I would think Americans would uphold and love.

Wolves are more human the most humans.

especially the liberals

Originally posted by AllieBaba
Shut up, fucktard. You know less about this situation than you do about any other situation you opine about so the world will be best served if you just keep your ignorant mouth shut.

Too bad you couldn't come up with anything even remotely similar to a counterargument.

The "livestock argument" is a joke.

Even dirty poor african nations could compensate WITH POCKET MONEY any ranchers for the tiny amount of livestock taken out by wolves (if they lived in Africa). How braindead do you have to be to swallow this verbal diarrhea?

"A handful of dead cows will bankrupt the richest country in the world."

"The american government cannot afford to compensate american ranchers..." (actually, the US government doesn't even need to spend a dime ... there are dozens of wildlife organisations maintained by private donations that compensate the farmers).

I didn't make the livestock argument. My argument was that you have to cull them to keep them healthy and wild.

But let's talk about the livestock issue:

Wolves kill 120 sheep at ranch near Dillon

"
In a highly unusual move for wolves, they killed about 120 adult male sheep in one incident on the Rebish/Konen Livestock Ranch south of Dillon last week.
That compares with a total of 111 sheep killed by wolves in Montana in 2008, according to Carolyn Sime, the statewide wolf coordinator for Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks."
"
The ranch has suffered confirmed wolf depredations twice in three weeks. In late July, three wolves - two blacks and a gray - killed at least 26 rams. The gray wolf was lethally shot by a federal wildlife manager, and one of the blacks was injured. They thought that would scare off the rest of the pack.
Last week, wolves struck again. This time, they took out 120 purebred Rambouillet bucks that ranged in size from about 150 to 200 pounds, and were the result of more than 80 years of breeding.
"We went up to the pasture on Thursday (Aug. 20) - we go up there every two or three days - and everything was fine," rancher Jon Konen said. "The bucks were in the pasture; I had about 100 heifers with them on 600 acres."
He had some business to attend to in Billings, so Konen told his son to be sure to check on the livestock while he was gone.
"He called me, and said it was a mess up there. He said there were dead bucks all up and down the creek. We went up there the next day and tried to count them, but there were too many to count," Konen recalled.
"I had tears in my eyes, not only for myself but for what my stock had to go through," he added. "They were running, getting chewed on, bit and piled into a corner. They were bit on the neck, on the back, on the back of the hind leg."

Hmm..sounds like more than a couple here and there to me.

Forum List

Back