Without education, what kind of jobs will be available to young Americans?

According to a BusinessWeek analysis, college graduates aged 22 to 27 have fared worse than their older educated peers during the downturn. Two years ago, 84.4% of young grads had jobs, only somewhat lower than the 86.8% figure for college graduates aged 28 to 50. Since then, the employment gap between the two groups has almost doubled.

The Lost Generation - BusinessWeek

EDUCATION is NOT the problem.

This ECONOMY is the problem.

Some in this country are fighting education. Especially science. Without an education, what kind of jobs will be available? Or don't people care?

HUH?

What the fucketh?

Are you saying that people are invading you home school and preventing you from teaching science to your progeny?!?!?!?!?!?

According to a BusinessWeek analysis, college graduates aged 22 to 27 have fared worse than their older educated peers during the downturn. Two years ago, 84.4% of young grads had jobs, only somewhat lower than the 86.8% figure for college graduates aged 28 to 50. Since then, the employment gap between the two groups has almost doubled.

And the left bears a great deal of responsibility for the state of both.

Mmm...not so fast there buddy.

The Right bears just as much responsibility for the state of things than you would expect.

Otherwise the educated in this country would primarily be Right leaning. But surprisingly, not true.

Did you know more educated a person becomes, the more left leaning they are? Now, I can't help but imagine why that would be.

The Right bears just as much responsibility for the state of things than you would expect.

Otherwise the educated in this country would primarily be Right leaning. But surprisingly, not true.

Did you know more educated a person becomes, the more left leaning they are? Now, I can't help but imagine why that would be.

I guess you took to the programming quite eagerly then.

Did you know mindlessly repeating leftist drivel is not a sign of intelligence?

Reality disagrees with your claim.

Fig_57_-_men_4-yr_college_degrees.JPG

Fig_58_women_with_4-yr_college_degs.JPG

I can do that too you know.

Professionals
Professionals, those who have a college education and whose work revolves around the conceptualization of ideas, have supported the Democratic Party by a slight majority since 2000. Between 1988 and 2000, professionals favored Democrats by a 12-percentage point margin. While the professional class was once a stronghold of the Republican Party, it has become increasingly split between the two parties, leaning in favor of the Democratic Party. The increasing support for Democratic candidates among professionals may be traced to the prevalence of social liberal values among this group.[23]
“ Professionals, who are, roughly speaking, college-educated producers of services and ideas, used to be the most staunchly Republican of all occupational groups... now chiefly working for large corporations and bureaucracies rather than on their own, and heavily influenced by the environmental, civil-rights, and feminist movements — began to vote Democratic. In the four elections from 1988 to 2000, they backed Democrats by an average of 52 percent to 40 percent. ”
A study on the political attitudes of medical students, for example, found that "U.S. medical students are considerably more likely to be liberal than conservative and are more likely to be liberal than are other young U.S. adults. Future U.S. physicians may be more receptive to liberal messages than conservative ones, and their political orientation may profoundly affect their health system attitudes."[24] Similar results are found for professors, who are more strongly inclined towards liberalism and the Democratic Party than other occupational groups.[22] The Democratic Party also has strong support among scientists, with 55% identifying as Democrats, 32% as Independents, and 6% as Republicans and 52% identifying as liberal, 35% as moderate, and 9% as conservative.[25]

Also, I'm not a leftist, I do my own damn research.

WE declared war on the working classes decades ago.

Of course the war on EDUCATION was part of that.
With all this certainty you would think that ONE piece of evidence could be put fourth about this fake war on education. Why don't you try and actually get some.

I noticed that DontBeStupid ran away when his false talking points proved to be bullshit as well....

How can magical creationists and climate change deniers insist they are "pro" science?

With all this certainty you would think that ONE piece of evidence could be put fourth about this fake war on education. Why don't you try and actually get some.

Are you blind to the war on teachers, textbooks, science, evolution...etc...?

Professionals
Professionals, those who have a college education and whose work revolves around the conceptualization of ideas, have supported the Democratic Party by a slight majority since 2000. Between 1988 and 2000, professionals favored Democrats by a 12-percentage point margin. While the professional class was once a stronghold of the Republican Party, it has become increasingly split between the two parties, leaning in favor of the Democratic Party. The increasing support for Democratic candidates among professionals may be traced to the prevalence of social liberal values among this group.[23]
“ Professionals, who are, roughly speaking, college-educated producers of services and ideas, used to be the most staunchly Republican of all occupational groups... now chiefly working for large corporations and bureaucracies rather than on their own, and heavily influenced by the environmental, civil-rights, and feminist movements — began to vote Democratic. In the four elections from 1988 to 2000, they backed Democrats by an average of 52 percent to 40 percent. ”
A study on the political attitudes of medical students, for example, found that "U.S. medical students are considerably more likely to be liberal than conservative and are more likely to be liberal than are other young U.S. adults. Future U.S. physicians may be more receptive to liberal messages than conservative ones, and their political orientation may profoundly affect their health system attitudes."[24] Similar results are found for professors, who are more strongly inclined towards liberalism and the Democratic Party than other occupational groups.[22] The Democratic Party also has strong support among scientists, with 55% identifying as Democrats, 32% as Independents, and 6% as Republicans and 52% identifying as liberal, 35% as moderate, and 9% as conservative.[25]

You're citing that bullshit Pew Research poll about scientists. :rofl:

About the Survey | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

About the Scientist Survey

Results for the scientist survey are based on 2,533 online interviews conducted from May 1 to June 14, 2009 with members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), under the direction of Princeton Survey Research Associates International. A sample of 9,998 members was drawn from the AAAS membership list excluding those who were not based in the United States or whose membership type identified them as primary or secondary-level educators.​

Only 2,533 respondents. And they took out elementary and high-school teachers, leaving college professors. :lol:

So this study also confirms something else conservatives have been saying for decades: Academia is biased to the left.

If you do your own research, you won't buy the Dem's Wiki page bullshit.

Professionals

You're citing that bullshit Pew Research poll about scientists. :rofl:

About the Survey | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

About the Scientist Survey

Results for the scientist survey are based on 2,533 online interviews conducted from May 1 to June 14, 2009 with members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), under the direction of Princeton Survey Research Associates International. A sample of 9,998 members was drawn from the AAAS membership list excluding those who were not based in the United States or whose membership type identified them as primary or secondary-level educators.​

Only 2,533 respondents. And they took out elementary and high-school teachers, leaving college professors. :lol:

So this study also confirms something else conservatives have been saying for decades: Academia is biased to the left.

If you do your own research, you won't buy the Dem's Wiki page bullshit.

Oh I'm sorry, should I have quoted from your fair and unbiased conservapedia?

Cocktail Party Liberals like you declare anything that doesn't flatter your subjective views to be "war," but raise a stink if the term is applied in the manner it was intended. Fucking clowns.

Some in this country are fighting education. Especially science. Without an education, what kind of jobs will be available? Or don't people care?

That's why you need to support Mitt Romney, he knows how to create jobs, because he has created thousands in the private sector, he is the ONLY candidate that will deal effectively with China and the manipulation of their currency and the stealing of our product designs. He wants to bring manufactoring jobs back to the U.S in order to compete with the rest of the world and he IS the MAN who can get it done. Read his jobs plan, it is intense and detailed and after reading the pdf for 4 hours I am still not done. We can not just be a 100% service country, that's like we wash each other's cars and think that we are growing an economy, we are not, we are losing our competitive edge to China and other countries because they trade but they do not trade fairly. Mitt will insist on free and FAIR trade. Read his jobs plan, it is a long term plan not a short term stimulus.

How can magical creationists and climate change deniers insist they are "pro" science?

Not sure what you mean by magical creation, but I am a climate skeptic. That does not mean I deny climate change, I just doubt that the impact of climate change is going to wipe out life on Earth.

Are you deaf to the call for proof or even an example. The ones you attempted to give were already torn to pieces. Since you cannot show anything you default to assuming you are right and it is so obvious. Try actually showing this 'war.'

Are you deaf to the call for proof or even an example. The ones you attempted to give were already torn to pieces. Since you cannot show anything you default to assuming you are right and it is so obvious. Try actually showing this 'war.'
He can't, PERIOD!.....And he knows it.

Forum List

Back