Without 4 deployments- would Robert Bales have gone off his rocker??

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Was dead set against the 4th one to Afg.

Thats what the volunteer military has to do.

Need to bring back the draft in some form -maybe not 1950s/or 60s type - but in some form .

You need to take his time in combat into consideration. It's strange that the leadership of his own Country seems to be willing to award taxpayer funds for cases of PTSS for people who never saw combat but they refuse to recognize the problems of people who did.

You need to take his time in combat into consideration. It's strange that the leadership of his own Country seems to be willing to award taxpayer funds for cases of PTSS for people who never saw combat but they refuse to recognize the problems of people who did.

Whitehall,,
From what we know so far, I think there are really serious questions as to whether this man should have ever been deployed to a combat zone this last time. Something happened to him, before he ever began that fourth deployment. He was not sound, and he snapped. I think someone is going to have a lot to answer for, as to how he was dropped through the cracks in the system. Something smells to high heaven in this case, and this may turn into one hell of a can of worms before it is over.

Need to bring back the draft in some form -maybe not 1950s/or 60s type - but in some form .
Bring back the draft or not be playing the police and nation building overseas?

There's plenty of US government-approved murder victims, so why would they guy kill unapproved victims?

I am just glad that he snapped over there. I would hate for it to have happened here after he came home. I don't know if it was the previous head injury, extended tour or he was just unstable & was going to snap anyhow. It could be just as simple as some people go crazy. Their psychological problems get worse the older they get. I mean what the hell caused 2 Black Gunmen to Open Fire on a Bus Load of innocent people in Philidelphia, PA? (Caught on Tape)

Well since he didn't the first three times he was deployed, I think we can pretty safely say that NO he wouldn't have gone nuts while deployed and killed all those Afghanis if he hadn't been deployed in Afghanistan. And since it didn't happen the first three times, I think we can probably safely say he wouldn't have done it if he hadn't gone back a fourth time.

Sadly, it is what it is. He still did it, and he will have to face justice. We should pray for him, for his family who have to be devastated and terrified for him, and for the families of the people he killed.

Muslim KFC Worker goes nuts when asked for Bacon!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3NrKqElA6c&feature=related"]Muslim KFC Worker goes nuts when asked for Bacon![/ame]

Whitehall,,
From what we know so far, I think there are really serious questions as to whether this man should have ever been deployed to a combat zone this last time. Something happened to him, before he ever began that fourth deployment. He was not sound, and he snapped. I think someone is going to have a lot to answer for, as to how he was dropped through the cracks in the system. Something smells to high heaven in this case, and this may turn into one hell of a can of worms before it is over.

Amateur psychology aside, PTSS is an acknowledged disability it is a defense in criminal cases every day. You can't award hundreds of millions in psychological aid and disability to people who had limited combat experiences while claiming that it was not a factor in this case. You know what the deal is, the Obama administration is desperate to avoid addressing the psychological can of worms in the Military and desperate to appear to be on the side of the enemy that hates us. With the cooperation of the liberal media the only side of the story is that the Sgt. is a murderer.

Well since he didn't the first three times he was deployed, I think we can pretty safely say that NO he wouldn't have gone nuts while deployed and killed all those Afghanis if he hadn't been deployed in Afghanistan. And since it didn't happen the first three times, I think we can probably safely say he wouldn't have done it if he hadn't gone back a fourth time.

Sadly, it is what it is. He still did it, and he will have to face justice. We should pray for him, for his family who have to be devastated and terrified for him, and for the families of the people he killed.

It was his 3rd deployment that he ended up with the brain injury, that's why he was sent home at that time. So this was his first deployment SINCE the injury. He should never have been sent back over there after that happened, and having part of his foot cut off. He was so wrong in what he did, but i don't believe he should be taking all the blame. The military played with his head when they told him he'd never go back, then sent him anyway.

I really hate assholes who ask for the draft when they know they won't have to worry about it, go fuck yourself ginscpy.

It was his 3rd deployment that he ended up with the brain injury, that's why he was sent home at that time. So this was his first deployment SINCE the injury. He should never have been sent back over there after that happened, and having part of his foot cut off. He was so wrong in what he did, but i don't believe he should be taking all the blame. The military played with his head when they told him he'd never go back, then sent him anyway.

he is a victim and deserves to go home to his wife and children

I think in WW2 when you were drafted in was for "the duration."

Good motivation.

A very short war................................... (relatively speaking compared to nam and Irag/afg)

Forum List

Back