With The Shooting In Arlington VA, IS It Time to Shun the Partisan Hate?

The tolerant left. Imagine my shock.

DCT1-8AWsAATbuU.jpg

I ask that rhetorically, because I know the ideologues hate each other with such a passion that they can never let go.

But why cant the rest of us shun the partisan hate mongers and push for unity in the public arena? I shun Black Lies Matter as much as I shun any Tea Party people that call for violence.

I shun Rush as much as I shun Chucky Schumer.

Let us all shun those who call for violence or who voice approval of violence by one of their own.

Gillian Turner: Scalise Shooting Is a 'Wake-Up Call for Bipartisanship'

Gillian Turner said on "Outnumbered" that the attack on congressional Republicans' baseball practice is a "wake-up call" for Washington, D.C. to return to bipartisanship.

The shooting, reportedly by a man who supported Bernie Sanders, wounded House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, a congressional aide and two police officers.

"It's now incumbent upon the governing class in Washington to do their best to, if not end the gridlock, then at least end the hellacious, completely critical rhetoric that has just done nothing but divide our nation over the last election cycle," said Turner, a Fox News contributor and former White House National Security Council member under Presidents Bush and Obama.

You can start with yours

I really don't like seeing infrastructure, science and education being cut....But the first step is to reject Trumps violent talk.

She called on members of Congress and the executive branch to end the "heated" daily rhetoric.

"It puts a fine point on the problem at hand. It's a wake-up call for bipartisanship," she said.

Melissa Francis echoed the call for politicians to "turn the temperature down" in Washington.

Earlier on the show, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said the shooting is part of a pattern of "an increasing intensity of hostility on the left."

He said that the violent feelings of people who disagree with conservatives have been building since election night.

Abby Huntsman and Gingrich said the president struck the right tone of unity in his message from the White House on the shooting.​

The other day also on NPR a guy from Vox was commenting and the comparison was made between Republicans and "normal people."

It's very, very subtle.
About as subtle as this comparison?

Townhall Columnists Kurt Schlichter
Liberals Want To Kill Free Speech, So We Patriots Must Fight Back

Can't handle the comparison I posted? Sounds like it's an issue for you.
Pot, meet kettle.

Grow up. I'm not going to pat you on the head and tell you a bunch of even-Steven shit so you can feel like a champ.
If you say so, chump.

I post threads on who sits on the board of name your media conglomerate. I have posted on who owns Townhall and how locked down that view is. I don't owe you shit. Pull your head out asswipe.

Not if the GOP gives a tax cut to the elites at the expense of the poor. See your map, this is not the Republicans country. Clinton won the maj vote and DT skated by the skin of his teeth, remember that
What "majority vote"? There is no such thing. Trump wond the majority of Electoral Votes. This other "count" doesn't exist on any federal web site.

Yes it is way past time to stop the mindless hatred that passes as political debate these days.
What is wrong with this site? It is slower than the old dial up days!!

"this is ter...let me interrupt myself...Trump is the president we need to unify the country in this time" - Geraldo (yes, he actually said that)

"Geraldo, they hate him" - a worried Hannity bellowed in response

Lets ask the most hateful rw poster on the board longknife, I mean uncensored2008 I mean OKTexas , I mean..... see where I'm going w/this? rw hate & fear is all they have. Its been drummed into them all these years by Fox, Breitbart & Drudge.Take that away and theres no reason to get up in the morning.
And yet how many have incited violence and then approved it? All I have seen from RW people is their insistence on the right to self defense.

w/people like iceweasel and 2aguy spewing rw hate, I don't think theres any hope
They get it from GOP Hate Radio.
Lol, so everyone who disagrees with liberal ideology is a hater, including all the various shows that broadcast on radio and are conservative.

You two exemplify the partisan divisions in this country and you dont seem to realize it.

You have lost you humility and ability to take an honest look at yourselves.

I ask that rhetorically, because I know the ideologues hate each other with such a passion that they can never let go.

But why cant the rest of us shun the partisan hate mongers and push for unity in the public arena? I shun Black Lies Matter as much as I shun any Tea Party people that call for violence.

Let us all shun those who call for violence or who voice approval of violence by one of their own.

Gillian Turner: Scalise Shooting Is a 'Wake-Up Call for Bipartisanship'

Gillian Turner said on "Outnumbered" that the attack on congressional Republicans' baseball practice is a "wake-up call" for Washington, D.C. to return to bipartisanship.

The shooting, reportedly by a man who supported Bernie Sanders, wounded House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, a congressional aide and two police officers.

"It's now incumbent upon the governing class in Washington to do their best to, if not end the gridlock, then at least end the hellacious, completely critical rhetoric that has just done nothing but divide our nation over the last election cycle," said Turner, a Fox News contributor and former White House National Security Council member under Presidents Bush and Obama.

She called on members of Congress and the executive branch to end the "heated" daily rhetoric.

"It puts a fine point on the problem at hand. It's a wake-up call for bipartisanship," she said.

Melissa Francis echoed the call for politicians to "turn the temperature down" in Washington.

Earlier on the show, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said the shooting is part of a pattern of "an increasing intensity of hostility on the left."

He said that the violent feelings of people who disagree with conservatives have been building since election night.

Abby Huntsman and Gingrich said the president struck the right tone of unity in his message from the White House on the shooting.​
when i came into this forum i was quick to ignore cause when all you do is see people social-rage for 1 side and put up blinders to any other possibility - it's a total and complete waste of time to even talk to them.

doing so validates their bullshit.

i've found quite a few people on both sides who are capable of expressing their views in a cooperative fashion even if we all can get "emo" at times. part of the game. but only part.

i'd love it if we'd all quit making stupid people famous enough to reply to. i've just come to ask myself will this change anything? my telling them how stupid they are?

nope.

so i don't. i ignore, move on, and find a better class of people to talk to all around.

w/people like iceweasel and 2aguy spewing rw hate, I don't think theres any hope
They get it from GOP Hate Radio.
Lol, so everyone who disagrees with liberal ideology is a hater, including all the various shows that broadcast on radio and are conservative.

You two exemplify the partisan divisions in this country and you dont seem to realize it.

You have lost you humility and ability to take an honest look at yourselves.
AND - the mere fact i can only see your replies show you i've moved past these people quickly cause of the very reasons you cite now.

doesn't matter what you tell these people. at least it hasn't yet. so i can keep trying or move on.

to quote billy joel, i'm moving out. :) well of those convos anyway.

Limbaugh could not contain his ecstasy over the shooting, bragging and taking credit for predicting it. His divisive hate even went so far as to attack the Democrats for praying for the Republicans who were shot.
What a loathsome worthless piece of scum Limbaugh is!!!

dems%20pray%20photo_1497448231521_3523802_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Democrats huddle in a dugout to pray for their Republican colleagues after shots were fired at a Congressional baseball practice in Alexandria
Yes.....they must have known he was one of theirs....and so had to do a quick photo op to try to hide their culpability in the shooting.....
And there you have a DittoTard mindlessly parroting his MessiahRushie's pure hate.
Thank you.
No....Rush isn't the Messiah......he only has talent on loan from God...please.....do some fucking research...
He'a YOUR Messiah and his only talent is lying, and he pisses on the name on God every time he claims his talent for lying is on loan from Gawwwwwwwd-da.
Liar. First off Maha Russie doesn't claim he's lying, nor does he. You simply interpret facts you don't like as lies. Secondly, he's mocking some famous lefty, I think a NBA player that said the on loan from God schtick.

Do you hate me?

I don't hate you.

But you sure speak to me like I'm someone who you should fear.

Maybe you need to heed your own advice.

If your behavior is not motivated by hate, than you are more fucked up than I can imagine.

Forum List

Back