With Just 2 or 3 More Percent of the White Vote, Romney Would Have Won

Romney failed to instill a message and sense of direction that could win the harts of independents. The lack of a cohesive plan and consistent platform doomed his campaign in the primary. America will not elect a minority party candidate that changes his position to get elected.

The erudite Jared Taylor on changing demographics and what it means for Republicans and whites going forward:

The 2012 Election: What It Means for Whites | American Renaissance

Humble request to mods for this to be in CDZ: it's a serious video with no crazy crap... hoping for an intelligent discussion of this issue without the "white power, dude" and "you're a Nazi coward" stuff.

I think you've probably painted yourself into a corner on that issue, given your past statements.

That said, it doesn't matter if 2-3% more of the white vote would have gotten Romney elected. He didn't get it. More to the point, minorities will be a larger slice of the electorate in the future, so the GOP needs to undo some of the damage it's done to itself in the last 50 years alienating them. More to the point, since the next Democratic nominee is going to be white, that probably means about 2-3% of that blue collar white vote will shift back to the Democrats.

In 1956, Ike got 39% of the black vote, and in 1960, Nixon (yes, Nixon) got 30% of the black vote. Then Barry Goldwater opposed the Civil Rights act of 1964, and that dropped to 6%. No Republican has topped 15% of the black vote since, and instead of undoing the damage, they made it worse.

From Nixon's "Southern Strategy" to Reagan's "Welfare Queen" to Bush-41's Willie Horton ads, the GOP has played on white fear. The only guy who got it right (kind of) was Bush-43, who sought out minority votes and appointed prominant minorities to important positions.

Whatever the case, though, this idea of whites voting as a group because they are white isn't going to happen any time soon. I imagine you know that's true, but can't help but put the idea out there anyway.

Who knows. I propose they either vote as a group or die as a people. See Jared's comment on this in the OP. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. It's up to them, isn't it? I think at some point all the bullshit will evaporate and they'll come down out of fantasyland and start to think and act a little more tribally, just as all other groups of human beings on EARTH do. It's anti-intellectual, sure, but I like to intellectualize the anti-intellectual. It's just survival of the fittest, nothing too crazy about that. Pretty well established principles of the animal kingdom!

Again, the problem here is that you see race as an important factor. Fewer people do. I've been in interracial relationships, so are a lot of folks I know.

People are people, and frankly, I look at Asians, HIspanics and blacks as kind of being in the same boat I'm in. Trying to get by while the 1% takes advantage of us.

You know I listen and read all these things about race not being important and the 1% are screwing us and bla bla bla.
When you talk about freedom on this site and a young person comments WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M NOT IN JAIL. This is about as dumb as it can get.
Wake up and smell the coffee there will always be this white guilt thing taught in schools, frankly with the hatred switched to the white man (yes I'm one) I for one am sick of it.

Oh yes some what I call girls gone wild women have lost there life fighting in Wars to free the world and yea there have been blacks that have died in wars to keep the world free,and some Spanish speaking immigrants also but nothing I repeat nothing like the numbers of white (hated) males from the Civil war,WW1,WW11,KOREA,VIETNAM,AND OUR RECENT DESERT WARS.
If all the lives lost to pay for the freedoms and rights to assembly and voting was fair (remember the liberal term fare share) there would be hundreds of thousands more white males and hundreds of thousands of less women, blacks and spanish speaking people in the USA.

You know I listen and read all these things about race not being important and the 1% are screwing us and bla bla bla.
When you talk about freedom on this site and a young person comments WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M NOT IN JAIL. This is about as dumb as it can get.
Wake up and smell the coffee there will always be this white guilt thing taught in schools, frankly with the hatred switched to the white man (yes I'm one) I for one am sick of it.

Oh yes some what I call girls gone wild women have lost there life fighting in Wars to free the world and yea there have been blacks that have died in wars to keep the world free,and some Spanish speaking immigrants also but nothing I repeat nothing like the numbers of white (hated) males from the Civil war,WW1,WW11,KOREA,VIETNAM,AND OUR RECENT DESERT WARS.
If all the lives lost to pay for the freedoms and rights to assembly and voting was fair (remember the liberal term fare share) there would be hundreds of thousands more white males and hundreds of thousands of less women, blacks and spanish speaking people in the USA.

Except for the Civil War and WWII, none of those wars were about "Freedom".

World War I was about the fact we let the British Empire borrow a bunch of money to buy weapons, and we couldn't let them lose and defualt.

And frankly, when I was in the army, I saw as many black and brown folks ready to throw down for their country, and not a lot of rich people.

what war has been fought to "free the world" since WWII?

Like I said all wars are about Freedom, you may wish to give your opinion as to other reasons
remember a democrat put us in Vietnam (my War) and a democrat kept us there.
The Bush fool put us in Iraq but the democratic congress and senate told him to go , and now here we are still in the desert and a Democrat has had 4 years to get us out and we are still there
YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY IT IS BECAUSE THE WHITE MAN ARE THE ONES THAT ARE LOOSING THERE LIFE'S AND NOT A FAIR SHARE OF WOMEN , BLACKS AND HISPANICS.

So again I submit you all do not appreciate what the white man has done for you and as you were educated you never will give credit fairly all you want to do is steal from those who have made your freedoms possible .
And don't go and say wars are not about freedom you only look DUMB and insult those who have lost there lives believing in there government.

I used to believe in the JFK saying ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for you country. This was removed from the class room almost as fast as it was said the takers can not have this be there motto. And is no longer mine.

what war has been fought to "free the world" since WWII?

Ok got it you do admit that CIVIL WAR WW1 & WWII were fought for freedom--and how about letting you superior Internet skills post how many white men ,blacks and women lost there lives so you have the freedom to disagree that all the other wars were about something other than freedom. In the interest of FAIR SHARE

World War I was about the fact we let the British Empire borrow a bunch of money to buy weapons, and we couldn't let them lose and defualt.

And frankly, when I was in the army, I saw as many black and brown folks ready to throw down for their country, and not a lot of rich people.

Don't tell me about what you saw your comparison is not valid--it is not about rich v/s black and brown it is about White V's black and brown and girls gone wild.
Your TV has put up a mis direction play so the Fair Share subject only covers one side of the truth.

It's not a black and white thing anymore, guys.

If Romney would've gotten the same amount of Hispanic votes Bush got in 2000, Romney would be Prez-elect now. Romney's hard line stance on immigration (self-deportation) back in March, in an attempt to appeal to the far right fringes of the party, doomed his campaign.

Republicans should also note they only need to gain votes of apprx 4 more people out of every 100 votes cast, yet instead of trying to pull more voters into their fold, they'd rather fight this president and alienate an ever growing list of voters...gays, immigrants, women, the young..etc.

Repubs had better wake up, or be a footnote in history.

Don't tell me about what you saw your comparison is not valid--it is not about rich v/s black and brown it is about White V's black and brown and girls gone wild.
Your TV has put up a mis direction play so the Fair Share subject only covers one side of the truth.

Honestly, I work in a department with all women, including black, Asian and hispanic ladies. They are all in the same boat I'm in.

The White Men who run things are the ones trying to sink that boat, and they don't care that I'm in the boat just because I'm white and male.

I submit your hostility is misdirected.

Honestly, I work in a department with all women, including black, Asian and hispanic ladies. They are all in the same boat I'm in.

The White Men who run things are the ones trying to sink that boat, and they don't care that I'm in the boat just because I'm white and male.

I submit your hostility is misdirected.

As always you jump right to the ides that guy's like me are hostile lololol
The white guys that have saved the world countless times with no thanks (as you seem to not be thankful of what white men have done only angry that you do not have what you consider your fair share)
The white man is the one that made it possible for Women to Vote ,Freed the Black man from chains that their king in Africa placed them in, and have allowed the illegals to remain in the comfort of this country getting there children educated and have health care that they do not pay for and you still hate you boss. Brainwashed you are.

This will anger you to no end once again the white man will fix the injustice and problems in the world because he is the only group willing to sacrifice and has the stay power and ability to do so.

It will be interesting to see what will happen in 4 years if the Democrats can not find a Black man or women to run for office ,,what then will the dem's vote for a white man.

[

The white guys that have saved the world countless times with no thanks (as you seem to not be thankful of what white men have done only angry that you do not have what you consider your fair share)
The white man is the one that made it possible for Women to Vote ,Freed the Black man from chains that their king in Africa placed them in, and have allowed the illegals to remain in the comfort of this country getting there children educated and have health care that they do not pay for and you still hate you boss. Brainwashed you are.

This will anger you to no end once again the white man will fix the injustice and problems in the world because he is the only group willing to sacrifice and has the stay power and ability to do so.

It will be interesting to see what will happen in 4 years if the Democrats can not find a Black man or women to run for office ,,what then will the dem's vote for a white man.

As a famous white guy said, "Well, there you go again."

No one "saved the world". The world would have still been here no matter who won a given war.

Frankly, your gender/race hostility seems really kind of odd. As white males, we both have obscene advantages in this society.

It's not a black and white thing anymore, guys.

If Romney would've gotten the same amount of Hispanic votes Bush got in 2000, Romney would be Prez-elect now. Romney's hard line stance on immigration (self-deportation) back in March, in an attempt to appeal to the far right fringes of the party, doomed his campaign.

Republicans should also note they only need to gain votes of apprx 4 more people out of every 100 votes cast, yet instead of trying to pull more voters into their fold, they'd rather fight this president and alienate an ever growing list of voters...gays, immigrants, women, the young..etc.

Repubs had better wake up, or be a footnote in history.

When 95% of the Black race votes for the black guy and you are gull able enough to think it is not a black white thing give me a break you need read some about Malcom X "s mandate to hurt the white man take his women nothing could be more truthful because it is done.

[

No one "saved the world". The world would have still been here no matter who won a given war.

Frankly, your gender/race hostility seems really kind of odd. As white males, we both have obscene advantages in this society.

You might think you are a white man but there you go pettyblogging I would hope you understood that saving the world means its people and not the dirt.

So I guess you are a free loader who has become a lover of people not of his race???Sad very sad you should have learned to stick together like the black race does.

Are you saying that because I point out truths I'm hostile--whats more hostile than a complete race voting for the black man because he is black.

By percentages, the people that serve the most in our military are Native Americans. And if you have been to a Pow Wow, it all begins with a parade of Veterans.

[

You might think you are a white man but there you go pettyblogging I would hope you understood that saving the world means its people and not the dirt.

So I guess you are a free loader who has become a lover of people not of his race???Sad very sad you should have learned to stick together like the black race does.

Are you saying that because I point out truths I'm hostile--whats more hostile than a complete race voting for the black man because he is black.

Damn. But it would be fun to see a full DNA run on the "white advocates".

[

I don't look at it as a "race" issue, I look at as a class issue.

Every time I've been really, really screwed over in life, it's been a white male in a nice suit who made more money, who just decided that, heck, the fastest route to short term gratification is to mess with my life. And he didn't care I was the same race/gender he was.

On the other hand, lots of times in my life, people not of my race have had my back.

I don't consider race that important... and someone who does is deeply insecure.

Like I said all wars are about Freedom, you may wish to give your opinion as to other reasons
The Bush fool put us in Iraq but the democratic congress and senate told him to go , and now here we are still in the desert and a Democrat has had 4 years to get us out and we are still there
YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY IT IS BECAUSE THE WHITE MAN ARE THE ONES THAT ARE LOOSING THERE LIFE'S AND NOT A FAIR SHARE OF WOMEN , BLACKS AND HISPANICS.

So again I submit you all do not appreciate what the white man has done for you and as you were educated you never will give credit fairly all you want to do is steal from those who have made your freedoms possible .
And don't go and say wars are not about freedom you only look DUMB and insult those who have lost there lives believing in there government.

I used to believe in the JFK saying ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for you country. This was removed from the class room almost as fast as it was said the takers can not have this be there motto. And is no longer mine.

Most wars are about profit. You say a democrat kept America in Vietnam war and a Democrat kept you there? A republican Nixon took the white house in early '69 and kept the war going for about 4 more years. As many American soldiers killed under LBJ were killed under Nixon. The Vietnamese , like the Iraqis and Afghanis, were never a threat to America. USA has been interfering in the business of other countries for over a hundred years for the profit motive of American corporations. The military subsidizes their profit making by keeping them safe courtesy of the American taxpayers and also a good supply of young men of military age. No discount at the gas pump for you guys that "served" in the military in the middle east. Big oil is all about profit and thank you for your service and here is a couple mickey mouse medals worth a few bucks. The oil and refined gas goes for sale on the world market, suckers.

As far as I can see, WW2 was the only war conceivably a worthwhile war, although FDR did his damnest to get this country into the war. It would have been better to let the Germans and Russians wear themselves out killing each other off.
This doesn't take away from many incidences of great sacrifice and bravery on the part of members of the military.

Most wars are about profit. You say a democrat kept America in Vietnam war and a Democrat kept you there? A republican Nixon took the white house in early '69 and kept the war going for about 4 more years. As many American soldiers killed under LBJ were killed under Nixon. The Vietnamese , like the Iraqis and Afghanis, were never a threat to America. USA has been interfering in the business of other countries for over a hundred years for the profit motive of American corporations. The military subsidizes their profit making by keeping them safe courtesy of the American taxpayers and also a good supply of young men of military age. No discount at the gas pump for you guys that "served" in the military in the middle east. Big oil is all about profit and thank you for your service and here is a couple mickey mouse medals worth a few bucks. The oil and refined gas goes for sale on the world market, suckers.

As far as I can see, WW2 was the only war conceivably a worthwhile war, although FDR did his damnest to get this country into the war. It would have been better to let the Germans and Russians wear themselves out killing each other off.
This doesn't take away from many incidences of great sacrifice and bravery on the part of members of the military.

Yea and the COMMIES won (liberal Obama) Sucks to work for a big corporation,and gonna suck more working for OBAMA

Forum List

Back