With jerks like republicans, who needs friends?

Originally posted by Psychoblues
The typical Republican can't follow me in my day's work, DK, much less actually have to perform it. That's my view from over 40 years in the work force. But the "productivity" thing is just a scheme to get more for less, isn't it? I don't expect many here to realize or understand that truism.

and

Reluctantly, and shamefully, I'll buy that. But what do you say about the ones that can't spell much beyond their names or have no clue as to how an automobile or an engine is constructed or the sine tables or Keynesian economics? Are they the uneducated that you are talking about?

The smartest mechanic I ever knew was illiterate. The smartest CEO I ever knew had a third grade education. People generally rise to their own levels of expectation regardless of "education" and degree. Stifled as we are by Republicans, my kind will survive. That's what makes America the greatest country on Earth. I ain't afraid of the women or the other perceived "minorities" either. They deserve every chance and break they can get. Just like you, don't you agree?
I can not only outwork you and out debate you, I can carry a kid for 9 mos (ok, only 7.5) and then pop him out without the assistance of drugs. Oh, yes, Psycho, for the last time I AM WOMAN.

So you see, even those policies which are put into effect which would help the female "minority" are offensive to me. I do not want people to think that I had to use a hand out to get where I am. I work in male-dominated field; I've been chased and pawed, called sweetie and honey; I've been on my knees (GET your filthy minds out of the gutter) cleaning professor's houses because bars only wanted male bartenders and the school spent is scholarship money on football players; I've been told to leave college because I was taking a spot a man could have filled; I've been turned down for promotion in favor of men because they were the "providers" for their families.

And you know what, I am Frank Sinatra/Paul Anka- I did it MY way. Without aid. And I'm still standing. No, I'd say I was strutting. Because I have a house, clothes, food, transportation, the best family in the world. And when that little boy's blue eyes look into mine I can tell him that I did the best I could, harmed no one and left him a legacy for success.

So to you I say fie and to those who believe in the liberal hand out system I say, not in the next 4 years. Bush 2004!!!

I can not only outwork you and out debate you, I can carry a kid for 9 mos (ok, only 7.5) and then pop him out without the assistance of drugs. Oh, yes, Psycho, for the last time I AM WOMAN.

THAT is CLASSIC!!!!!! :cof:

Originally posted by Moi

So you see, even those policies which are put into effect which would help the female "minority" are offensive to me. I do not want people to think that I had to use a hand out to get where I am. I work in male-dominated field; I've been chased and pawed, called sweetie and honey; I've been on my knees (GET your filthy minds out of the gutter) cleaning professor's houses because bars only wanted male bartenders and the school spent is scholarship money on football players; I've been told to leave college because I was taking a spot a man could have filled; I've been turned down for promotion in favor of men because they were the "providers" for their families.

And you know what, I am Frank Sinatra/Paul Anka- I did it MY way. Without aid. And I'm still standing. No, I'd say I was strutting. Because I have a house, clothes, food, transportation, the best family in the world. And when that little boy's blue eyes look into mine I can tell him that I did the best I could, harmed no one and left him a legacy for success.

So to you I say fie and to those who believe in the liberal hand out system I say, not in the next 4 years. Bush 2004!!!

I'm sorry, I had to quote the whole thing. This was an awesome post! You are such a wonderful role model! Your son is very lucky to have you to look up to!

Originally posted by Psychoblues
There are so many conflicting points here I don't know where to start. Let me evolve this conversation into one major point.

1. (One) Republicans consistently stuff their own pockets to the vast expense of others. Period.

Ted Kennedy is a democrat.

Originally posted by Moi

And that is the difference isn't it?

Some people complain.
Some people follow.
Some people follow and complain
Few people lead.

Any idiot can sit around and list all of the things they dislike in their life and it takes an even greater idiot to blame it on someone or someparty else. This is why so many immigrants can make it big in this country (I have seen many) while the born Americans sit around and whine and whing all day long.

At anyrate, I do not blame Clinton for any woes I had during his presidency anymore than I would credit Bush. Everything I have and anyone else stated is through my own efforts.

Forum List

Back