With all the GOP cuts to education, Republicans put the future of our country at risk.

History is not that important frankly and one won't make his living because of it. Math and science are vastly more important as those are the trades in demand, not god forsaken pathetic history. Historians surely make good wages. NOT

What highly paid jobs need historians? Hmmmm. We live in a capitalistic system. History low low low on totem pole. I frankly don't care about american history nor ANY other.

Republicans cut education nationwide - Google Search

You can do a simple Google Search "Republicans cut education nationwide" and everywhere Republicans are in charge, education is cut. That's how they pay for tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires.

At the same time:

America has 5.8 million job openings

5.8 million jobs? When Republicans are crying and whining about those not counted in the work force? You can't blame that on Obama. Republicans have been carrying on a war on education for decades. They slash and burn funding for education and then complain the money is wasted because education is this country is awful.
Duh! Couldn't part of the reason it's awful is because it's under funded????

If the country keeps voting Republicans into office to destroy American institutions one at a time, then we get what we deserve.

Democrats kept putting more and more money into it and it's still awful.
It is not the money, it is the way they are being taught that needs to change.

Really? How? Please enlighten how we should change!

Owning one slave was WRONG. Why not just pay other southerners to do the work. Please justify taking a live person, shackling them, taking them away from their families, mistreating them, and forcing them to work under fear was a good thing. Its so wrong if you believe in liberty and freedom. How do you justify doing this to some other human being?

Too cheap to pay an american to do some work because you are unable to do the work yourself. Lazy and incompetent.

A Chicago Public Schools spokesperson said average pay for teachers, without benefits, is $76,000.

How Much Do Chicago Public School Teachers Make?

one link of many. I did use google but I already knew it.
One link called "Salary" whose entire job is to research salaries.

The highlighted links in your CBS story are all advertisements. 76 thousand is a ridiculous amount and untrue.

Correction: Chicago Teacher Salary Average Is NOT $74,000

And since 56 thousand is the average, half make less than that and many make much less.

Recently, a guy from the department I work in quit. Before he started working there, he was a high school teacher. He said he spent weekends tutoring and stayed after school to help students that asked for help. He said there were certainly crappy teachers, but others, like him, spent many more hours than he was getting paid for.
Republicans hatred for education and teachers will spread to their children making them the most ignorant group of Americans in a hundred years.

Funny I could probably name all the republicans in Chicago on my left hand.

I am no expert but I agree we don't need drastic changes on how its taught. Kids need to be held accountable without mommy complaining their kid is failing.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the feds have almost zero influence in the running of schools. The old wive's tale about the Department of Education is just that.

Then what the heck are we "paying" them for? Many on USMB want more funding!

Same with your argument about wages........Local issue. FED have no business setting any min wage.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the feds have almost zero influence in the running of schools. The old wive's tale about the Department of Education is just that.

Then what the heck are we "paying" them for? Many on USMB want more funding!

Same with your argument about wages........Local issue. FED have no business setting any min wage.

Your state and local governments make up about 89.1% of the funding with the feds contributing about 10.1%.

"Republicans cut education nationwide"

there was too damn much money being poured into those failing schools, colleges, institutions etc. for the failing results, more money does not mean better educated students.., and THAT is a fact! :up:

literally 90% of ALL SCHOOLS IN America are libtard indoctrination programs.

I am certain you have documentation to support that claim.

there was too damn much money being poured into those failing schools, colleges, institutions etc. for the failing results, more money does not mean better educated students.., and THAT is a fact! :up:

the fact that you even need proof is telling. You honestly don't believe almost all universities and colleges are not far left?

College Faculties A Most Liberal Lot, Study Finds (washingtonpost.com)

The disparity is even more pronounced at the most elite schools, where, according to the study, 87 percent of faculty are liberal and 13 percent are conservative.

"What's most striking is how few conservatives there are in any field," said Robert Lichter, a professor at George Mason University and a co-author of the study. "There was no field we studied in which there were more conservatives than liberals or more Republicans than Democrats. It's a very homogenous environment, not just in the places you'd expect to be dominated by liberals."

Forum List

Back