With all the GOP cuts to education, Republicans put the future of our country at risk.

That you actually believe thats how the study was conducted tells me a lot.

I didn't say that is how the study was conducted, now did I?

I am saying that there is no valid comparison.

You can only go by averages unless of course you want to do an individual survey of every school in the nation.

No. They were comparing different countries.

And how the hell did they come up with the numbers?
By average obviously.

Which would be the most accurate measure; the mean or the median? Most people use median for salaries because the long-term teachers skew the data because of their seniority. In my department, we have 3 teachers with about 17-28 years of service and 4 with less than 8 years, and two of those have less than 5 years.

You still have to use averages.

I didn't say that is how the study was conducted, now did I?

I am saying that there is no valid comparison.

You can only go by averages unless of course you want to do an individual survey of every school in the nation.

By average obviously.

Which would be the most accurate measure; the mean or the median? Most people use median for salaries because the long-term teachers skew the data because of their seniority. In my department, we have 3 teachers with about 17-28 years of service and 4 with less than 8 years, and two of those have less than 5 years.

So we are comparing all the schools in the world using averages of a country with over 300 million people and comparing them to Luxembourg! Got it!

By average obviously.

So we are comparing all the schools in the world using averages of a country with over 300 million people and comparing them to Luxembourg! Got it!

I thought this was comparing country to country which of course is the only way to get a halfway accurate reading.
If you want to go by city it's going to be a little tougher to nail down.
You'd basically have to find an American city that is equal as possible to Luxembourg.

But the fact is we spend more money per student than any other country.
Which of course is the topic.

By average obviously.

I thought this was comparing country to country which of course is the only way to get a halfway accurate reading.
You'd basically have to find an American city that is equal as possible to Luxembourg.

When you have cities in the US that spend $16,000 per student and compare that to another city that spends $8000 to come up with a $12,000 average, is that honest?

In the early 2000s, my high school received $4000 per student enrolled who was not special education. That had to pay for teacher and non-certified staff salaries and benefits, textbooks, building upkeep and maintenance, etc.

By average obviously.

When you have cities in the US that spend $16,000 per student and compare that to another city that spends $8000 to come up with a $12,000 average, is that honest?

In the early 2000s, my high school received $4000 per student enrolled who was not special education. That had to pay for teacher and non-certified staff salaries and benefits, textbooks, building upkeep and maintenance, etc.

If I were you I would move to a better school district.
If the money isnt there,it's not there,and no amount of complaining will change that.
We have the robin hood plan in Texas...and yes it's just what it sounds like.

If the money isnt there,it's not there,and no amount of complaining will change that.

That is where I was an assistant principal. I have moved many times since, but the fact remains that we are using schools that are vastly different to come up with a figure for the entire US.

That is where I was an assistant principal. I have moved many times since, but the fact remains that we are using schools that are vastly different to come up with a figure for the entire US.

Which again is why they use an average.

Do you not realize why that any comparisons based on that average are simply wrong?

Do you not realize why that any comparisons based on that average are simply wrong?

So you want to pick and choose your comparable school district?

No. The comparisons are meaningless.

It is like comparing the average number of sex partners between hookers and nuns to come up with an average. That really doesn't reflect the number of sex partners in either group.

No. The comparisons are meaningless.

It is like comparing the average number of sex partners between hookers and nuns to come up with an average. That really doesn't reflect the number of sex partners in either group.

Seriously?

All Democrats voted with (R) Paul Ryan on the latest budget. There were no noticable cuts, only increases. Just more Big Government business as usual. $20 Trillion and climbing.

Republicans cut education nationwide - Google Search

You can do a simple Google Search "Republicans cut education nationwide" and everywhere Republicans are in charge, education is cut. That's how they pay for tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires.

At the same time:

America has 5.8 million job openings

5.8 million jobs? When Republicans are crying and whining about those not counted in the work force? You can't blame that on Obama. Republicans have been carrying on a war on education for decades. They slash and burn funding for education and then complain the money is wasted because education is this country is awful.
Duh! Couldn't part of the reason it's awful is because it's under funded????

If the country keeps voting Republicans into office to destroy American institutions one at a time, then we get what we deserve.

Democrats kept putting more and more money into it and it's still awful.
It is not the money, it is the way they are being taught that needs to change.

If its the way they are taught, please explain what YOu, yes YOU, how do you want them taught? And spare the southern version of history. That's backwards.

Now if we could only CUT all money to colleges and universities, we would START to STOP the LIBERAL MANIPULATION and PROPAGANDA of our heads full of mush children...and perhaps make those professors, actually TRY to find a job where they WORK, instead of spewing anti-American, leftist bullshit!

Fuuny how those who cry about freedom can somehow say slavery was OK. Taking someone away from where they live and force them to work for free. Try to defend that. Man that issue fires me up.

If its the way they are taught, please explain what YOu, yes YOU, how do you want them taught? And spare the southern version of history. That's backwards.

How about going back to what we had when we were # 3 in the world?
Reading, Writing and Arithmetic. and stop doing all of the social things.

I agree with the social things. Heck I say forget the history crap too, both world and american.

Forum List

Back