With all the GOP cuts to education, Republicans put the future of our country at risk.

Advice for the young men and women. Take classes in what you love, but major in what will make you a good living. Whether that is technical or academic. Doing what you love on a starvation budget will soon make you lose your enthusiasm for that subject.

A Chicago Public Schools spokesperson said average pay for teachers, without benefits, is $76,000.

How Much Do Chicago Public School Teachers Make?

one link of many. I did use google but I already knew it.
One link called "Salary" whose entire job is to research salaries.

The highlighted links in your CBS story are all advertisements. 76 thousand is a ridiculous amount and untrue.

Correction: Chicago Teacher Salary Average Is NOT $74,000

And since 56 thousand is the average, half make less than that and many make much less.

Recently, a guy from the department I work in quit. Before he started working there, he was a high school teacher. He said he spent weekends tutoring and stayed after school to help students that asked for help. He said there were certainly crappy teachers, but others, like him, spent many more hours than he was getting paid for.
Republicans hatred for education and teachers will spread to their children making them the most ignorant group of Americans in a hundred years.

LOL. Then you should have worked smarter and harder. I get double that on SS and also earn 75K at my job per year. Of course, I have one of those jobs for which industry is begging for people. There are, as one poster already mentioned, 5.4 million jobs going begging in this nation. Jobs in which you get dirty, need a 4 year apprentice program, and often are mentally challenging as well.

That was an example only. Not far off from avg SSI payment I would suspect? Yep, lots of plumbers, welders, electrician, truck drivers needed but College degrees in Poetry don't cut it.

I want to respond to your comment about truck drivers. Yes, I am a truck driver, and I can tell you that starting next year, we will need over 46,000 new drivers that we simply can't find. Too many Americans on their Obama phone and getting fat from SNAP's cards to take these jobs. Too many young people that consider smoking pot more important than learning a new career. Employers are so desperate they are hiring foreigners--some that can't read or speak a lick of English. And mind you, these foreigners are terrible drivers to boot.

The problem is less of education than it is our over-generous social programs.

"If you pay people not to work, don't be too surprised when they don't"
Rush Limbaugh

Republicans cut education nationwide - Google Search

You can do a simple Google Search "Republicans cut education nationwide" and everywhere Republicans are in charge, education is cut. That's how they pay for tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires.

What tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires are you talking about? The last time the Republican Congress addressed the tax issue on the wealthy--the increased taxes. Higher taxes for those making over 450K per year and higher corporate tax rates.

The fact is the US spends more per capita on education than any other industrialized country in the world, and we have very little to show for it.

Maybe money isn't the problem and union teachers are.

If the country keeps voting Republicans into office to destroy American institutions one at a time, then we get what we deserve.

The republicans are stupid.

But you are a total moron.

Do you totally give away your destiny to everyone like that ?

Can't you grant someone's Christmas wish and quit acting like such a milquetoast ?

No one should pay attention to anything said about education from a man who is so ashamed of his own grades that he seals his own records off from the entire world...

Cutting education is dumb
Cutting infrastructure is dumb
Cutting r&d is dumb
Cutting science is really dumb

All very dumb and a policy for failure! I can't support a party that believes that investing in our own country is evil. The republican party should be disbanded and laughed at as a joke.

You're nothing but a fucking running JOKE! Do you know one of the things republicans had to fight tooth and nail to renew, you got it, R&D tax breaks. Your regressivecrats did their best to kill it after letting it expire. Also every State in the union is spending more on education than they ever have, these bullshit cuts the OP is referring to is nothing more than slowing the growth, there have been no cuts. Why do you keep eating the shit out of regressivecrat talking points?

Money is not the problem with public education in this country. It never has been. Education funding has tripled since the 1980s with no measurable result.

The only thing you need ask yourselves is..........why are teachers unions soooo against vouchers? Why not let the parents get to choose where their children go to school, and the default setting can be exactly where it is now!

We all know why! The left has ZERO credibility on anything education. When you realize that the left will actually use children as a political tool to screw education up, that is when you have to realize............if the will use children for political purposes, they will use ANYTHING!

If teaching is so good then give up your earning potential and go teach.

Did you ever try to be a teacher? Good luck trying to get in. It's a job many Americans want which is why we have way more teachers than teaching jobs. It's a job with no heavy lifting, good pay, good benefits, good future, and you get more paid time off than any other career in the country.

What cuts? The Republican's gave you scumbags EVERYTHING AND MORE!
  • Pelosi Explains Support for Ryan’s Spending Deal: ‘They Were Willing to Concede So Much’
    Cybercast News Service ^ | December 19, 2015 | 9:45 AM EST | (CNSNews.com Staff)
    House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi explained her support for the $1.2 trillion spending bill that the Republican Congress passed yesterday and President Obama signed into law by pointing out to reporters that the Republicans "were willing to concede so much" to get the bill passed. The bill, Pelosi noted, did not stop funding of Planned Parenthood, and the Republicans "had to take out their provisions to destroy ACA"--the Affordable Care Act, AKA Obamacare. Pelosi argued that the Republican leaders were so intent on getting a provision to allow exports of U.S. crude oil that they were "willing to give up...
Because that's the federal government dipshit.

Try one state at a time. Like this:

Scott Walker's proposed $300 million higher education cut comes as other states are putting money back into colleges

82nd Legislature cuts school funds, state jobs | Texas Almanac

Kasich uses veto on 44 items in budget, cutting money for schools

Just go down the line checking out the budgets for Red States. Stop being an ignorant dipshit. GO LOOK STUFF UP! What is wrong with you?

If teaching is so good then give up your earning potential and go teach.

Did you ever try to be a teacher? Good luck trying to get in. It's a job many Americans want which is why we have way more teachers than teaching jobs. It's a job with no heavy lifting, good pay, good benefits, good future, and you get more paid time off than any other career in the country.
If that's how you think teaching is, I suspect you were home schooled.

I worked with an optics engineer who taught high school math and physics while working for his masters. When he graduated, he got a job where I work. He said teaching high school was the hardest thing he ever did. He said the kids mouthed off and the parents defended them. He said parents asked why he gave out so much homework. He said the building was cold in the winter and hot in the summer. He said he spent more time putting together a curriculum and grading papers than being in class. He said some of the kids had really unfortunate home lives and it was difficult facing kids with such tragic lives (That's something Republicans would never have to worry about. They don't like kids anyway, only the fetus.) He said many times he paid for supplies out of his own pocket because the kids didn't have the money and neither did the school.

I believe him over you because I don't believe you ever went to school.

Besides, he told me he was a Republican. So I asked him how could he be a Republican when he knows what they are doing to the schools. He said he isn't a "one issue" voter. So I said not funding schools is a pretty big issue. He said he couldn't vote for tax and spend Democrats. So I said yea, but you are paying for school supplies out of your own pocket. And how is that tax and spend working out. He said he didn't want to talk politics anymore at work. We never discussed it again.

With the pathetic education/indoctrination that Liberal Governments and School Boards across the country burden our kids with, cutting the fundibg is,the only way to save these children's future.

I heard AVG CHI teacher pay is like 75K. 9 months work. go on UI for three. School results are dismal. Some areas have two retired.........one working (same for some local police/fire across country). Much of the provided food is thrown out.

How long do you people think this sort of stuff can continue?

Teachers do not work 9 months and they are not eligible for unemployment. You heard someone spreading misinformation.

Forum List

Back