With 4 U.S. Deaths, Grim Milestone in Afghan War

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
Four American soldiers were killed Tuesday when their patrol vehicle struck an improvised explosive device in southern Afghanistan, NATO said, making the 2009 death toll for foreign forces in Afghanistan the highest since the war began nearly eight years ago.

The milestone came as Afghans awaited the results in a presidential election marred by accounts of intimidation and fraud, and as high-level American commanders say that more troops are required to defeat the insurgency by Taliban militants.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/26/world/asia/26troops.html?hp

i think this is more important a topic than....new posters....glen beck...cash 4 programs...
our troops are dying ...in a war no one cares to win.

I didn't seem that long, maybe because of the Iraq war and so much had happen in my personal life (graduated undergrad, got married, had 2 kids, soon to be 3, built a house, 3 jobs and entering and probably graduating Law School before its done).

Nevertheless, every American death is tradgic, however, in retrospect its really a small number of deaths. I mean in 10 years of fighting in Vietnam we had 58,000 deaths. And that number is dwarfed by WWI, WWII and the Civil War!

A total of 802 American troops have died since the war began. British forces have suffered the second highest number of deaths, with 206 killed since 2001

In 10 years of fighting the Russians had 15-20K dead soldiers!

Four American soldiers were killed Tuesday when their patrol vehicle struck an improvised explosive device in southern Afghanistan, NATO said, making the 2009 death toll for foreign forces in Afghanistan the highest since the war began nearly eight years ago.

The milestone came as Afghans awaited the results in a presidential election marred by accounts of intimidation and fraud, and as high-level American commanders say that more troops are required to defeat the insurgency by Taliban militants.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/26/world/asia/26troops.html?hp

i think this is more important a topic than....new posters....glen beck...cash 4 programs...
our troops are dying ...in a war no one cares to win.

Forum List

Back