Wishing In One Hand...

Grandma

Geezer Chick
Dec 30, 2011
Under The Sky
It could never come to pass simply because an army of mods would be needed, but I'd love to see a Facts Only subforum in Politics.

The lies based on assorted biases, the lies based on wishful thinking, the lies copied and pasted from disinfo websites, and the lies based in pure ignorance have made the Politics forum read like a shortbus version of a reality show.

It would be lovely to read honest threads, with the "misinformation" parts of posts blacked out.

But it's only a dream...

I agree. It's like wading through a bunch of muck in search of a nice, little nugget of gold. Nevertheless, it's reflective of what he have to do in our daily lives. So ... on with the struggle.

It could never come to pass simply because an army of mods would be needed, but I'd love to see a Facts Only subforum in Politics.

The lies based on assorted biases, the lies based on wishful thinking, the lies copied and pasted from disinfo websites, and the lies based in pure ignorance have made the Politics forum read like a shortbus version of a reality show.

It would be lovely to read honest threads, with the "misinformation" parts of posts blacked out.

But it's only a dream...

When I am come across what you describe I simply challenge the assertion. I believe that is the nature of debate and one aspect of what the party who is offering such "information" has to overcome.

Moreover, having another forum for "Facts" is self defeating as those facts will have to face the same challenge it would in the existing forums, that is just my opinion.

But it's only a dream...

Its a dream because few of here are qualifed to black out the misinformation.

Our nation has at least two (or more) sets of facts surrounding every political debate, remember?

But it's only a dream...

This is a great idea. The problem in a political forum is not everyone will believe those facts. With the bias many feel, they can see the truth and call it a lie if it doesn't fit with what they believe.

We would all do well to remember that almost everything we read on line is opinion, not fact.

But it's only a dream...

Don't worry, Grandma. If you see something that looks like a spurious claim, let me know.

When I am come across what you describe I simply challenge the assertion. I believe that is the nature of debate and one aspect of what the party who is offering such "information" has to overcome.

Moreover, having another forum for "Facts" is self defeating as those facts will have to face the same challenge it would in the existing forums, that is just my opinion.

Challenging the assertion is a pain in the ass when the asserters are screaming out/circle jerking long-debunked talking points, or citing a random personal blog as "proof." People like that can't be argued with, and they'll post like mad, clogging the forum with disinfo and stupidity.

As to the "facts" being challenged, that is indeed the killer. A mess of mods would be needed to factcheck every post. You know the trolls would stage daily invasions. It's unworkable.:(

Forum List

Back