"overlay.html"

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
This is the third day in a row where, when USMBing from my laptop, all of a sudden, when clicking on the send button to submit a response to a thread, my browser would download a document called "overlay.html". Right now, I have, with 5 responses, downloaded 5 of them.

In fact, here is a screenshot of this OP in development. Notice the download bar.

$overlay html 2.jpg

So, I went to the download folder and opened the files with a viewer, and there is nothing in the file at all.

Has anyone else experienced this in the last three days?

[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION], has there been a software upgrade?

I am running with WIN7 and the latest version of Google Chrome (33) and Opera (20). It is happening with both browsers until I completely delete the cache. Then, one day later, it happens again.

-Stat

Last edited:
I had the same message come up today as well, requesting a download....

I had the same message come up today as well, requesting a download....

[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION] what browser are you using?

Doesn't happen everywhere I open a textbox.. Can't tell what action it's associated with..
But I'm piling up a bunch of these also this morning.. As Stat says -- they appear empty, but when the message first comes down -- it shows some larger size attribute in the notification.

Chrome and XP Pro..

flacaltenn-albums-my-stuff-picture6504-overlayfiles.png

It should be fixed now. We were testing something for 24 hours and ummmm forgot to shut it down. It was my mistake....

Apologies :(

I don't think it's fixed yet.

I had a pop-up bar at the bottom of the page asking whether I wanted to run or save a bunch of downloads. I canceled all of them.

IE browser.

Forum List

Back