Wisconsin protest has lost a LOT of steam

I had a feeling yesterday's "break" would take a lot of the wind out of their sales, and it apparently has.

I suspect it will pick back up again tomorrow, as the Governor begins sending out the pink slips. Supposedly 2000 to be laid off this week, unless they get a quorum first.

Have you noticed liberals only get upset when they are demanding other people's money and calling the others greedy for not giving it to them?

other people's money? Are you implying that liberals do not pay taxes and it is not their own money that they are willing to use to pay govt employees?

individuals in Liberal states pay more in taxes than most republican states dear....

Wisconsin voters express buyer’s remorse over Gov. Scott Walker

Two months into his first term, a new poll shows Wisconsin voters are unhappy with GOP Gov. Scott Walker--and would send him packing if they were given a do-over of the 2010 election that sent him to the statehouse in Madison.

Wisconsin voters express buyer’s remorse over Gov. Scott Walker - Yahoo! News
ROFLMAO

a PPP poll
and you assholes dont like Rasmussen, but you trust a known pollster for the dems like gospel

Keep dreaming.

This is never going to stop until the right stops trying to take rightss away from Americans

Taking "Rights from Americans??

Jeeze. I've never seen in the Constitution that Collective Bargaining was a Right??

You'll have to dig right in and show me where it says that TDM.

I'll wait.

Do the public employees now posses teh right to collective bargaining?

Does Walker want to take that right from them?

You gonna give TaxPayers a seat at the table? If not stfu. Walker is doing it right.

Wisconsin voters express buyer’s remorse over Gov. Scott Walker

Two months into his first term, a new poll shows Wisconsin voters are unhappy with GOP Gov. Scott Walker--and would send him packing if they were given a do-over of the 2010 election that sent him to the statehouse in Madison.

Wisconsin voters express buyer’s remorse over Gov. Scott Walker - Yahoo! News
ROFLMAO

a PPP poll
and you assholes dont like Rasmussen, but you trust a known pollster for the dems like gospel

Trust? Nope. I simply posted something I read which I shared with the message board. Notice I posted the entire link, unlike some who cherry pick only those phrases which support their agenda.

I had a feeling yesterday's "break" would take a lot of the wind out of their sales, and it apparently has.

I suspect it will pick back up again tomorrow, as the Governor begins sending out the pink slips. Supposedly 2000 to be laid off this week, unless they get a quorum first.

Have you noticed liberals only get upset when they are demanding other people's money and calling the others greedy for not giving it to them?

other people's money? Are you implying that liberals do not pay taxes and it is not their own money that they are willing to use to pay govt employees?

individuals in Liberal states pay more in taxes than most republican states dear....
Well honey, that liberals pay a portion of what they want whatever that portion is doesn't justify their confiscating the rest from others. And they have no interest in having any of their money taken for the causes others support and not them.

I'm not bothering with your ridiculous claim that liberals pay more in taxes because it doesn't matter. It's their objective to create a welfare whore nation chained to government and ANY money they take from me to accomplish that is unacceptable.

from what i have read, the teachers ARE WILLING TO GIVE UP some, but they are not willing to give up their negotiating?

That's seems to be clear to everyone except those who believe the RW propaganda and rumor mongers.
The lack of honesty from the usual suspects (echo chamber) on this and other issues of substance is remarkable.

Talk about a dishonest DUmbAss. He's not talking away their negotiating.. just part of it. After the teacher's agree to fund part of their pensions and health care then why should they re-negotiate it? So we can listen to you whine some more?

The crowd inside the Capitol yesterday was described as "30-40." That was born out by the live feed.

The crowd outside was described as "hundreds." I haven't found video yet outside the Capitol yesterday.

There is no question they took the day off, even if they had started to control the number of people allowed inside.

Walker's speech on the Budget is later today. I suspect there will be a LOT of people there during the speech and after.

Then, its over. The outcome is already determined, and these are tired teachers, not tired loggers.

Shut off Internet and cellular access in the Capitol and I bet it ends in 5 minutes!
Would you call shutting off internet and cellular access a move Mubarak or Mussolini might employ?

Collective bargaining doesn't scare most Americans.

What's your biggest fear?

Forty hour work week?
No child labor?
Overtime pay?

"MADISON, Wis. — Americans strongly oppose laws taking away the collective bargaining power of public employee unions, according to a new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll.

"The poll found 61% would oppose a law in their state similar to such a proposal in Wisconsin, compared with 33% who would favor such a law."

like they are about to crack. I hope they clean up the mess they made and remove the hippie stink in the state house.

Honorable debate ... :lol:

If by "honorable debate" you mean "stay and take it up the ass" then surrrrre it was honorable.

So you condone running away in the face of defeat?

I am just fine with the actions of the WI Senate Dems. They are doing the right thing. You can call it whatever you want if it makes you feel better. Walker has been exposed.
Oh really? So if republicans decided to shut down a bill you liked because they disagreed by leaving the state you'd be all for them doing that too?

The strong smell of hypocrisy lingers on you.

So you condone running away in the face of defeat?

I am just fine with the actions of the WI Senate Dems. They are doing the right thing. You can call it whatever you want if it makes you feel better. Walker has been exposed.
Oh really? So if republicans decided to shut down a bill you liked because they disagreed by leaving the state you'd be all for them doing that too?

The strong smell of hypocrisy lingers on you.

Uh ... no.

I've already been over this with another tard who thinks because I support what the WI Senate Dems are doing now then I must blindly support anybody who makes this play or be labeled a hypocrite. That's nonsense. While I agree that if the option is on the table then anybody is in the right to do it but it does not mean I will support it. If the Dems were doing this for what I felt was a ridiculous reason I would criticize them for it. On the other hand if the GOP were doing it for something I felt was legit ... like stopping a bill that made partial birth abortions a normal everyday practice or something for example, then I would support them.

The smell of a partisan hack is strong on you.

Thus, state workers are not being asked to simply "contribute more" to Wisconsin' s retirement system (or as the argument goes, "pay their fair share" of retirement costs as do employees in Wisconsin' s private sector who still have pensions and health insurance). They are being asked to accept a cut in their salaries so that the state of Wisconsin can use the money to fill the hole left by tax cuts and reduced audits of corporations in Wisconsin.
\
source

Tax the Rich:

"But across the border from Wisconsin in Minnesota, Democratic Governor Mark Dayton has proposed an alternative idea: Raise taxes on the rich to help close the budget gap.

"Dayton's budget plan would increase taxes to 10.95 percent on Minnesota families earning over $150,000 a year (or single adults earning more than $85,000). He would also add an additional 3 percent surtax on the superrich - those earning more than $500,000 - for the next 3 years.

"Even raising taxes on the rich to these levels would only cut Minnesota's budget deficit in half, and Dayton has also proposed cutting the state workforce by 6 percent and removing 7,200 childless adults from Minnesota Care, moves that should be fought by progressives.

"Nevertheless, Dayton's 'Tax the Rich' plan shows that there is nothing inevitable about the limited option of breaking public unions proposed by Scott Walker and some other GOP governors.

"If a similar tax hike on the rich were proposed in Wisconsin, it would raise $600 million, far more than the savings to be had from Walker's assault on public workers."

Tax the Rich:

Forum List

Back