Wisconsin Collective Bargaining Law Struck Down

Lol, TM made another thread... If she does not run off and start another 12 therads on the internet somewhere she will fill this one with how much she hates Republicans seeing as that is the only reason she ever starts threads. Hell, in less than 3 pages TM will derail and end up trolling her own thread.
Typical low information wingnut: can't even get the most basic of facts correct.

I started the thread, not truthmatters.

Um, yes and no about you starting the thread. TDM started a thread that got merged into this one, just for your information.

I suppose she will be whining about having another thread "deleted" if she hasn't already.

Immie
OK. Thanks, Immie.

Typical low information wingnut: can't even get the most basic of facts correct.

Um, yes and no about you starting the thread. TDM started a thread that got merged into this one, just for your information.

I suppose she will be whining about having another thread "deleted" if she hasn't already.

Immie
OK. Thanks, Immie.

My pleasure.

You wouldn't have known that unless you had posted in her thread and then gone back to it later to find several new pages and a new OP.

Immie

It has already been explained to you that the right to association in bargaining collectively has been impeded by eliminating the right to safe working conditions, for starters.

Yurt, tough beans if you don't like it.

How the left loves Judicial activism until it steps on something they cherish..

The responsible right loves judicial activism: Miranda, Brown, and so forth.

The irresponsible right loves judicial activism when bad law is sustained.

Lol, TM made another thread... If she does not run off and start another 12 therads on the internet somewhere she will fill this one with how much she hates Republicans seeing as that is the only reason she ever starts threads. Hell, in less than 3 pages TM will derail and end up trolling her own thread.

her thread and your thread were merged

lmao...who has low information? YOU :lol:

ZACT-lee.

Walker is in the hip pocket of the Koch's. He's anti-American scum, more than willing to sell his soul for votes.

can you explain how the law violates the first amendment?

if walker is anti american...why is wisconsin doing so well under his leadership? ooops.

There is no correlation between being pro-American and doing well. Dubya was pro-American and shit the bed, leaving this country in a $14 trillion hole, and counting.

And one would think that a supposedly pro-American wingnut would know that 'American' is ALWAYS capitalized. This shows that you are a phony.

oh my, i didn't capitalize wisconsin either...i'm totally unamerican

:lol:

Hello,
The law required public workers to pay more for their health insurance and pension benefits at the same time it took away their ability to collectively bargain over those issues.

He'll just have to lay off teachers to make up for the budget shortfall this ruling will create. Too bad, he had Wisconsin on it's way to recovery too.

Exactly right. The teachers union will bargain for FREE healthcare insurance and FREE retirement at the taxpayers expense, and when they succeed, thousands of teachers will be laid off. Just as Gov Cuomo did in New York.

It may not come to that if the appeals court overturns the decision.

MADISON, Wis. — A Wisconsin judge on Friday struck down the state law championed by Gov. Scott Walker that effectively ended collective bargaining rights for most public workers.

It was not clear if the ruling means the law is immediately suspended. The law took away nearly all collective bargaining rights from most workers and has been in effect for more than a year.

Dane County Circuit Judge Juan Colas ruled that the law violates both the state and U.S. Constitution and is null and void. The ruling comes after a lawsuit brought by the Madison teachers union and a union for Milwaukee city employees.

Walker spokesman Cullen Werwie said he was confident the decision will be overturned on appeal.

*snip*

LINK

the law didn't end collective bargaining it simply took a couple things off the table as nonnegotiable like unions paying a little more for their health insurance and retirement you know like the rest of us do

Dane County Circuit Judge Juan Colas ruled Friday that the law violates the state and U.S. constitutions and is null and void.
Yeah, republicans thwarted once again by that pesky First Amendment.

Actually, the interpretation of the First Amendment by one County Circuit Judge who was elected to his $128,600 a year position.

I was raised in Wisconsin and if my piss poor memory serves me, Madison and the University of Wisconsin are in Dane County. If I were running for office in Dane County, I would certainly rule the same way to insure my re-election.

Forum List

Back