Wisconsin Collective Bargaining Law Struck Down

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I am a God on this message board.
MADISON, Wis. — A Wisconsin judge on Friday struck down the state law championed by Gov. Scott Walker that effectively ended collective bargaining rights for most public workers.

It was not clear if the ruling means the law is immediately suspended. The law took away nearly all collective bargaining rights from most workers and has been in effect for more than a year.

Dane County Circuit Judge Juan Colas ruled that the law violates both the state and U.S. Constitution and is null and void. The ruling comes after a lawsuit brought by the Madison teachers union and a union for Milwaukee city employees.

Walker spokesman Cullen Werwie said he was confident the decision will be overturned on appeal.

*snip*

LINK

Last edited:
wish i could read the ruling, because it sounds like bullshit. they can still collectively bargain. so i fail to see how any law or constitution has been violated.

A poitically active LIBERAL stooge doesn't over rule the state Legislature and the will of the people.. This will be thrown out on it's ass in Apellate Court--

apparently truthmatters doesn't know our legal system. this is not good bye...this is hello to the appellate process.

i would like to read the decision, as i can't fathom how the law is unconstitutional. unions can still collectively bargain.

Dane County Circuit Judge Juan Colas ruled Friday that the law violates the state and U.S. constitutions and is null and void.
Yeah, republicans thwarted once again by that pesky First Amendment.

ZACT-lee.

Walker is in the hip pocket of the Koch's. He's anti-American scum, more than willing to sell his soul for votes.

Lol, TM made another thread... If she does not run off and start another 12 therads on the internet somewhere she will fill this one with how much she hates Republicans seeing as that is the only reason she ever starts threads. Hell, in less than 3 pages TM will derail and end up trolling her own thread.

Dane County Circuit Judge Juan Colas ruled Friday that the law violates the state and U.S. constitutions and is null and void.

ZACT-lee.

Walker is in the hip pocket of the Koch's. He's anti-American scum, more than willing to sell his soul for votes.

can you explain how the law violates the first amendment?

if walker is anti american...why is wisconsin doing so well under his leadership? ooops.

ZACT-lee.

Ok, so now 2 of you have made claims backed up by 100% nothing........ Can we make it to 3 people???

Lol, TM made another thread... If she does not run off and start another 12 therads on the internet somewhere she will fill this one with how much she hates Republicans seeing as that is the only reason she ever starts threads. Hell, in less than 3 pages TM will derail and end up trolling her own thread.

lmao...she does this on any board she posts on. she is ridiculed by both the left and right...that should give her some kind of clue.

Forum List

Back