US seeks Mexico's Review of Alleged Freedom of Association, Collective Bargaining Violations at Teksid Hierro Facility

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Request is the fourth under the USMCA’s Rapid Response Labor Mechanism
WASHINGTON – U.S. Secretary of Labor Marty Walsh and U.S. Trade Representative Katherine Tai today announced that the United States has asked Mexico to review whether workers at the Teksid Hierro de México facility in Frontera, State of Coahuila, are being denied the rights of free association and collective bargaining.
The request, which was made in response to a petition filed under the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement Implementation Act, marks the fourth time that the U.S. has requested Mexico’s review of freedom of association and collective bargaining rights issues under the Rapid Response Labor Mechanism.
“The U.S. Department of Labor will continue working with our trade partners and the private sector to secure freedom of association and collective bargaining rights, which are foundations of our worker-centered trade agenda,” said Secretary Marty Walsh. “As we have done with other Rapid Response Labor Mechanism cases, we look forward to collaborating with the government of Mexico to ensure that workers can choose their union representatives freely and without interference.”

Any chance that the US will say something to the effect of---I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. I'm just going to tell you another 50 times.

Forum List

Back