Winter Soldiers, Dahlia Wasfi, MD

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Dr. Wasfi, daughter of a Jewish mother and an Iraqi Muslim father, puts into context the background of the war in Iraq. "It is an extension of the 60-year occupation of Palestine.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MQNWGc2eXk]THE WAR ON IRAQ: a continuation of the 60-year Israeli Nakba - YouTube[/ame]

Pfffft, as if!

I am simply trying to make the point of how lame your claims are, sometimes. everything in the MidEast is Israel's fault?

that's not true at all. this is the israel palestine board. what do you expect.

if anything, the opposite is true, and is as ridiculous as it is ludicrous. arabs and muslims are blamed for everything.

you are not making your point very well. my only claim was that dahlia wasfi had a jewish american mother.

I don't remember blaiming Arabs or Muslims for every problem in the area.

I don't remember even saying that them being Muslims matters in anyway, that even with my great "affection" to the Islamic religion.

I simply don't think there is a point arguing about it.

Fact that she was born Jewish matter, why?

There are enough Jewish useful idiots in all places.

P F Tinmore, et al,

First, let me say that I disagree with much of what Dr. Wasfi said (2006-ish), and nearly all of the context and impression she tried to convey. BUT! I defend her right to an opposing view.

In her defense, it has been my observation (layman) that the people of Basra, have a greater than normal lose of neurons in the Frontal Lobe of the cerebrum (responsible for the cognitive functions).

Dr Wasfi's agenda is clear. She opposed the invasions of Iraq; as did I. But as for the demonization issue, it is an old and well established tool of statecraft. It is nothing new.

If you believe that Saddam Hussein, and the regime in play, were not as portrayed --- so be it. If you believe that there was no rivalry between the Sunni Sect and the Shi'ite Sect, --- so be it. If you believe that the Middle East has been a peaceful and charming place since the Arab–Byzantine Wars (6th and 7th centuries), --- so be it. If you think for a moment, that she is correct, and that even in modern times, the Middle East was peaceful until the arrival of the Jewish State and that the war of Unification of Saudi Arabia, or the Simko Shikak revolt didn't happen, or the Egyptian Revolution of 1919 were apparitions in history --- then so be it. And if you believe that the Turkish War of Independence, the Franco-Syrian War Iraqi Revolt, the Adwan Rebellion, or the Druze War are figments of our imagination ---- then so be it. And if you think for a moment that the Ottoman didn't have their share of trouble with the tribes of Arabia, then think again (WHKMLA : List of the Wars of the Ottoman Empire : Arabia).

The demonization of America, and the criticism of its relationship with Israel, is nothing new; very much the standard practice in the Muslim World. Hardly a day goes by that someone isn't burning an American Flag somewhere in one of those peaceful little countries in the land of milk and honey. As far as the image of Palestinians goes, I doubt very seriously that Americans went to all the trouble to stage and post the picture of children being dress as suicide bombers, or marching with rifles in the Jihad headbands, on the internet. I don't think that you should consider the reputation they gained when the massacred an Olympic team, killed an old man in a wheel chair aboard the MS Achille Lauro, or shot an unarmed American and threw the body onto the tarmac in a hijacking; and you should totally discount the impact the attacks on the Rome and Vienna Airport had on their reputation (just some Palestinians out for a little fun, no harm).
220px-Rome_airport_1985.jpg
th
th

The Arab/Palestinian doesn't need any help from America, they do a damn good job demonizing themselves.

Do I worry about Palestinian Casualty numbers; no --- it is not a number that interests me. What interests me - is their actions; and their established pattern of criminal and terrorist behaviors over the last 60 years (that was described by Dr Wasfi).

Most Respectfully,
R

P F Tinmore, et al,

In her defense, it has been my observation (layman) that the people of Basra, have a greater than normal lose of neurons in the Frontal Lobe of the cerebrum (responsible for the cognitive functions).

Most Respectfully,
R

some jokes aren't funny.

Forum List

Back