Message to Al-Qaeda.

sealadaigh

Rookie
Mar 12, 2012
THE NO REP ZONE
Lapid appeals to haredi public

Finance minister says haredi leaders lose grip on devotees, who must cooperate with law to end circle of povery, join society

The finance minister further added that "What is concurring is not an attack on the world of Torah. We have no intention of imposing secular values and our way of life on you, nor our version of 'Israeliness.' This state was created so that people could live as Jews without fear of prosecution. Yet we can't go on like this. If Syria is falling apart and thousands of al-Qaeda terrorists are laying seige on our borders, this is your problem as well, and we need you there wielding weapons."

Lapid then asked his audience to conjure up a scenario where war has broken out and Israel is invaded by its enemies, and everyone is called to arms. "You're called to protect our children from the enemy, and no one budges. They all pretend it is not happening. It is occuring outside your window, just as the economic crisis is going on outside your window and it's time to stop pretending that you don't exist."

"If you believe you have something to contribute, don't hedge yourself, don't close yourself off from us. Our commitment is to accept you as you are.Your commitment is to stop treating us as gentiles. This law will give you the opportunity to remove the barriers of hostility. It will give you an opportunity to improve your situation and make a proper living, to stop counting every shekel."

Lapid appeals to haredi public - Israel News, Ynetnews

curiouser and curiouser.

weren't the haredim the indigenous jews, around before zionist migration?

very odd message to send to the world, kinda like a heavyweight glove fighter having "i have a glass jaw" tattooed across his forhead in big, fat, bold letters.

Last edited:

Finance minister says haredi leaders lose grip on devotees, who must cooperate with law to end circle of povery, join society

The finance minister further added that "What is concurring is not an attack on the world of Torah. We have no intention of imposing secular values and our way of life on you, nor our version of 'Israeliness.' This state was created so that people could live as Jews without fear of prosecution. Yet we can't go on like this. If Syria is falling apart and thousands of al-Qaeda terrorists are laying seige on our borders, this is your problem as well, and we need you there wielding weapons."

Lapid then asked his audience to conjure up a scenario where war has broken out and Israel is invaded by its enemies, and everyone is called to arms. "You're called to protect our children from the enemy, and no one budges. They all pretend it is not happening. It is occuring outside your window, just as the economic crisis is going on outside your window and it's time to stop pretending that you don't exist."

"If you believe you have something to contribute, don't hedge yourself, don't close yourself off from us. Our commitment is to accept you as you are. Your commitment is to stop treating us as gentiles. This law will give you the opportunity to remove the barriers of hostility. It will give you an opportunity to improve your situation and make a proper living, to stop counting every shekel."

curiouser and curiouser.

very odd message to send to the world, kinda like a heavyweight glove fighter having "i have a glass jaw" tattooed across his forhead in big, fat, bold letters.

Haredim (religious) Jews ofter view secular Israelis as Gentiles because they don't cover their heads, eat kosher food, keep the Sabbath, etc. I don't understand your boxer analogy.

"If you believe you have something to contribute, don't hedge yourself, don't close yourself off from us. Our commitment is to accept you as you are. Your commitment is to stop treating us as gentiles. This law will give you the opportunity to remove the barriers of hostility. It will give you an opportunity to improve your situation and make a proper living, to stop counting every shekel."

curiouser and curiouser.

From the start of political Zionism, Haredim voiced objection to its secular orientation and before the establishment of the State of Israel, the majority of Haredi Jews were opposed to Zionism. This was chiefly due to the concern that secular nationalism would replace the Jewish faith and the observance of religion, and the view that it was forbidden for the Jews to reconstitute Jewish rule in the Land of Israel before the arrival of the Messiah. Those rabbis who did support Jewish settlement in Palestine during the early years of the Zionist movement had no intention of conquering Palestine from the Ottoman Turks.[1] They were also resolute that only observant Jews be allowed to settle in Palestine.[2]

Haredim and Zionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enTbBx622-8]85 sleepless Gaza Jerusalem.divx - YouTube[/ame]

• Banned

curiouser and curiouser.

Haredim (religious) Jews ofter view secular Israelis as Gentiles because they don't cover their heads, eat kosher food, keep the Sabbath, etc. I don't understand your boxer analogy.

i probably should have highlighted more than i did. i was just curious about the haredim.

the main point i was trying to make is that it probably isn't very wise to announce to the world your military vulnerabilities...and then mention a specific enemy by name.

as for the haredim, i thought they were the pre-zionist jews in palestine.

(i'll go back and re-highlight if i can.)

Last edited:
  • Banned

curiouser and curiouser.

From the start of political Zionism, Haredim voiced objection to its secular orientation and before the establishment of the State of Israel, the majority of Haredi Jews were opposed to Zionism. This was chiefly due to the concern that secular nationalism would replace the Jewish faith and the observance of religion, and the view that it was forbidden for the Jews to reconstitute Jewish rule in the Land of Israel before the arrival of the Messiah. Those rabbis who did support Jewish settlement in Palestine during the early years of the Zionist movement had no intention of conquering Palestine from the Ottoman Turks.[1] They were also resolute that only observant Jews be allowed to settle in Palestine.[2]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enTbBx622-8]85 sleepless Gaza Jerusalem.divx - YouTube[/ame]

thanks. i wasn't sure. what were the pre-zionism indigenous jews called. i think a lot of people get swept up and fail to fully recognise that there were jewish families in the region, and particularly around jerusalem, before the zionist migration took place and they had been there for centuries. they were a small yet significant and integral part of the region.

curiouser and curiouser.

Please though point out the difference, Hareidim here are not called "religious" because the Haredim are a small community and the religious community, is about 30% of Israeli Jews.

Haredim are the Unltra-orthodox ones, the religious group is the GENERAL group of ALL religious people, which includes the Zionists, Religious-Zionists, Breslavim, and many other groups which are not Hareidim.

Big difference.

curiouser and curiouser.

"The majority of Heredi Jews were opposed to Zionism".

VERY TRUE.

To the 80's. things change.

You'de be surprised, the Haredim in most accept the state of Israel, those who don't are Usually from the Tnuah Chassidit and Neturey Karta. few thousands, tops.

Most of Hereidim see themselves as Israelis here, and a poll being published lately says that over 40% of Heredi Jews describe themselves as Zionists.

That is a statistic higher than in the Leftist political map.

curiouser and curiouser.

i probably should have highlighted more than i did. i was just curious about the haredim.

the main point i was trying to make is that it probably isn't very wise to announce to the world your military vulnerabilities...and then mention a specific enemy by name.

We are all Jews.

That's the only thing that should matter.

• Banned

We are all Jews.

That's the only thing that should matter.

seems to matter to y'all more than anyone else.

only distinction i make is between indigenous jews and zionist jews from other areas/regions. i fully support the rights of the indigenous jews. they belong there and shouldn't be deprived of anything anymore than the indigenous palestinians.

curiouser and curiouser.

thanks. i wasn't sure. what were the pre-zionism indigenous jews called. i think a lot of people get swept up and fail to fully recognise that there were jewish families in the region, and particularly around jerusalem, before the zionist migration took place and they had been there for centuries. they were a small yet significant and integral part of the region.

seal

Zionism is as old as Judaism itself

you have to distinguish between modern Zionism of herzl and onwards which is only 120 years old

and the genuine yearning of jews and even Christians to to build Jerusalem which means city of peace wherever they were or are

I am happy to be a Zionist in this true sense of the word zion which means the aspiration to create heaven on earth

stealing Palestine kinda Zionism I detest but Zionism is a whole lot bigger and better than that

do you know the unofficial English national anthem Jerusalem by William blake about building Jerusalem in England's green and pleasant land

that is also true Zionism of a decent kind

not the thieving kind we have now.............

85 sleepless Gaza Jerusalem.divx - YouTube

seal

you have to distinguish between modern Zionism of herzl and onwards which is only 120 years old

and the genuine yearning of jews and even Christians to to build Jerusalem which means city of peace wherever they were or are

I am happy to be a Zionist in this true sense of the word zion which means the aspiration to create heaven on earth

stealing Palestine kinda Zionism I detest but Zionism is a whole lot bigger and better than that

do you know the unofficial English national anthem Jerusalem by William blake about building Jerusalem in England's green and pleasant land

Thank you for pointing out to all of us Zionism has different meanings to different people. Sherri

seal

Thank you for pointing out to all of us Zionism has different meanings to different people. Sherri

Zionism is to me now means keeping what Israel won in 1948. 1967, I'm not so sure. While on patrol in the West Bank, my cousin said he accidentally drove his tank into a Palestinian home, and a woman and her baby were terrified.

seal

Zionism is to me now means keeping what Israel won in 1948. 1967, I'm not so sure. While on patrol in the West Bank, my cousin said he accidentally drove his tank into a Palestinian home, and a woman and her baby were terrified.

Israel did not win anything in 1948.

Indeed, from your link:

The Origins and Evolution of the Palestine Problem - CEIRPP, DPR study, part I: 1917-1947 (30 June 1978)

The question of Palestine was brought before the United Nations shortly after the end of the Second World War.

The origins of the Palestine problem as an international issue, however, lie in events occurring towards the end of the First World War. These events led to a League of Nations decision to place Palestine under the administration of Great Britain as the Mandatory Power under the Mandates System adopted by the League. In principle, the Mandate was meant to be in the nature of a transitory phase until Palestine attained the status of a fully independent nation, a status provisionally recognized in the League's Covenant, but in fact the Mandate's historical evolution did not result in the emergence of Palestine as an independent nation.

The decision on the Mandate did not take into account the wishes of the people of Palestine, despite the Covenant's requirements that "the wishes of these communities must be a principal consideration in the selection of the Mandatory". This assumed special significance because, almost five years before receiving the mandate from the League of Nations, the British Government had given commitments to the Zionist Organization regarding the establishment of a Jewish national home in Palestine, for which Zionist leaders had pressed a claim of "historical connection" since their ancestors had lived in Palestine two thousand years earlier before dispersing in the "Diaspora".

During the period of the Mandate, the Zionist Organization worked to secure the establishment of a Jewish national home in Palestine. The indigenous people of Palestine, whose forefathers had inhabited the land for virtually the two preceding millennia felt this design to be a violation of their natural and inalienable rights. They also viewed it as an infringement of assurances of independence given by the Allied Powers to Arab leaders in return for their support during the war. The result was mounting resistance to the Mandate by Palestinian Arabs, followed by resort to violence by the Jewish community as the Second World War drew to a close.

Forum List

Back