WINNING! Mexico agrees to Trump policy forcing migrants to wait in Mexico as asylum requests process

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Read much more at
The Hill ^

Mexico’s incoming administration has agreed to support a new policy from the Trump White House that would require migrants seeking asylum to remain in Mexico as their requests are processed, The Washington Post reported Saturday.

Mexican officials and senior members of president-elect Andrés Manuel López Obrador’s transition team told The Post that the incoming administration accepted the plan, called “Remain in Mexico,” in a sharp change to long-standing asylum rules that allowed migrants to file asylum claims after entering the U.S. either legally or illegally.

“For now, we have agreed to this policy of Remain in Mexico,” Olga Sánchez Cordero, Mexico’s incoming interior minister and the top domestic policy official for the president-elect, told The Post, calling it a “short-term solution.”

“The medium- and long-term solution is that people don’t migrate,” Sánchez Cordero added. “Mexico has open arms and everything, but imagine, one caravan after another after another, that would also be a problem for us.”

Wait till the invaders find out about this. Wait till the Tijuanians hear about this too. Could be a little battle brewing down Medico way. I wonder how long it will take the locals to load them onto boxcars heading south. I guess the current slogan will be "they are leaving, they just don't know it". Meanwhile over at anti trump land, curses, foiled again.

Read much more at
The Hill ^

Mexico’s incoming administration has agreed to support a new policy from the Trump White House that would require migrants seeking asylum to remain in Mexico as their requests are processed, The Washington Post reported Saturday.

Mexican officials and senior members of president-elect Andrés Manuel López Obrador’s transition team told The Post that the incoming administration accepted the plan, called “Remain in Mexico,” in a sharp change to long-standing asylum rules that allowed migrants to file asylum claims after entering the U.S. either legally or illegally.

“For now, we have agreed to this policy of Remain in Mexico,” Olga Sánchez Cordero, Mexico’s incoming interior minister and the top domestic policy official for the president-elect, told The Post, calling it a “short-term solution.”

“The medium- and long-term solution is that people don’t migrate,” Sánchez Cordero added. “Mexico has open arms and everything, but imagine, one caravan after another after another, that would also be a problem for us.”

Wait till the invaders find out about this. Wait till the Tijuanians hear about this too. Could be a little battle brewing down Medico way. I wonder how long it will take the locals to load them onto boxcars heading south. I guess the current slogan will be "they are leaving, they just don't know it". Meanwhile over at anti trump land, curses, foiled again.
Indeed! I posted it in wind in her pants thread about the military at the border and none of the usual suspects has worked up the nerve to comment. But, watch for an Obama appointed, or rino a judge to try and block it by early next week

Forum List

Back