Windows 8.1 - Best Browser?

Right click on the windows icon---> click on "control panel"----->click on "Programs"---->click on "uninstall a Program"----->scroll down to the program you wish to uninstall.

Wait until it is uninstalled, I always restart my computer and check to see if it is uninstalled by following the above steps.

I "accidentally" found this - it appeared when I moused over to the left side of the screen - got rid of Norton (FINALLY!) Yay!
I'll bet if you search the registry you'll find 200,000 entries for it left over.

I don't think you can ever truly get read of anything on a computer - not even sure if you erase the hard drive it will work...
Oh yes you can. But even so we aren't talking about extra bits on empty spaces we talking about shit occupying the registry. Which I no longer have to deal with, thank God.

What program do you use so you don't have to deal with unwanted "junk" in your registry (that I know requires a lot of work and knowledge to get rid of)....
I don't know if there is one.

You just have to go through the registry and delete stuff that isn't supposed to be there.

Or nuke it.

I'm good for now.
As long as it doesn't lag, I don't care what else happens.

I'm running Windows 10 and have Edge (don't like), Chrome, Opera, and Firefox for 64bit - which is my preferred browser.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I personally think that IE9 is the best browser. It features many options like emulating other browsers, screen resolutions, etc. Of course, Windows´ internet options are far more comprehensive than that of other browsers. It also features an inbuilt tracking protection with lists available from the Fraunhofer Institut and others.

However, it has little support form 3rd Parties.

If you are a computer wiz, you don't need help from anyone else.
I can get there, I certainly have the time now.....

I personally think that IE9 is the best browser. It features many options like emulating other browsers, screen resolutions, etc. Of course, Windows´ internet options are far more comprehensive than that of other browsers. It also features an inbuilt tracking protection with lists available from the Fraunhofer Institut and others.

But in fairness, when haven't you tooted your horn for Microsoft?

I am confident that you have never used the IE. So, a judgement by you is nonsense.

I am confident that you have never used the IE. So, a judgement by you is nonsense.
You answered a different question.

You answered a different question.
Oh, aye?

If you are a computer wiz, you don't need help from anyone else.
I can get there, I certainly have the time now.....
Even computer "wizs" have gaps in their knowledge not to mention all the new hardware/software being developed. Yes computer wizs are constantly using others as a resource.

I use Google Chrome and have had no problems at all. I like it a lot. I also have ad blocker plus installed, and I never see any ads. It even blocks those stupid 30-second ads on Youtube, which is awesome. :up:

Chrome seems to be "faster" than Explorer.

Would Mozilla Firefox be even better?

Chrome has always been faster and better than IE and Firefox

I even took a step further and got myself a chrome book

Chrome is fine for now. Avast, jury is still out.
I need a good photo editing program next.... a free one

Chrome is fine for now. Avast, jury is still out.
I need a good photo editing program next.... a free one
Gimp is really good but I prefer Inkscape, I like the layout better and it's able to do more with objects then Gimp as Gimp is bitmap graphics and Inkscape is vector graphics.
If you're interested in a photo editor only than Picasa and PhotoScape work well but again are mostly limited to relatively basic photo editing.
Windows installer | Inkscape

Picasa is via Google, you should be able to find it in 'Extensions'.

PhotoScape

Forum List

Back