Win silver for the US, carry both US and Mexican flag

This was sooooo wrong! He was there representing the United States....NOT Mexico! If he wanted to represent Mexico then he should have stayed there.

This was sooooo wrong! He was there representing the United States....NOT Mexico! If he wanted to represent Mexico then he should have stayed there.

i believe his family brought him here as a young boy. so he couldn't just stay there. that said, if wanted to represent mexico, he could as he holds dual citizenship. i have a strong hunch if he chose to represent mexico, he would not carry both mexico and the us flag.

Obviously bad taste.
As the article states - it would be fine if this was an individual competition somewhere....but it is not, it is the Olympics..which is most definitely not about the individual.

i believe his family brought him here as a young boy. so he couldn't just stay there. that said, if wanted to represent mexico, he could as he holds dual citizenship. i have a strong hunch if he chose to represent mexico, he would not carry both mexico and the us flag.

They would never stand for that shit in Mexico, thats why.

Obviously bad taste.
As the article states - it would be fine if this was an individual competition somewhere....but it is not, it is the Olympics..which is most definitely not about the individual.

The Olympics is very much about the individual....unless you are playing as a team.

The point is... he is there AS an American. If he wants to play for meixico and carry their flag...he can give up his citizenship and go home.

Obviously bad taste.

The Olympics is very much about the individual....unless you are playing as a team.

The point is... he is there AS an American. If he wants to play for meixico and carry their flag...he can give up his citizenship and go home.

Isn't Mexico on the American continent?

American athlete under fire for carrying Mexican flag

American athlete under fire for carrying Mexican flag | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo! Sports

anyone agree with his decision to carry both flags? imo, the olympics is about national pride, pride in the country you represent at the olympics. i feel this is in poor taste.

I doubt anyone on the right would mind if he carried a confederate battle jack along with the U.S. flag. Free speech, right?

i can't speak for everyone on the right. i am independent leaning right and it would bother me.

btw...can you address the OP?

Obviously bad taste.

Isn't Mexico on the American continent?

oh, my bad, you're a troll. he is representing the united states of america....not the north american continent.

American athlete under fire for carrying Mexican flag

American athlete under fire for carrying Mexican flag | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo! Sports

anyone agree with his decision to carry both flags? imo, the olympics is about national pride, pride in the country you represent at the olympics. i feel this is in poor taste.

I doubt anyone on the right would mind if he carried a confederate battle jack along with the U.S. flag. Free speech, right?

i can't speak for everyone on the right. i am independent leaning right and it would bother me.

Free speech! BWAAHHH!!!! Righties hate free speech!

From the article...
What am I missing? Where were the Italian-American athletes waving the Italian flag, or the Irish-Americans waving the Irish flag? I didn't see that.

Sums up my feelings quite succinctly. This kid is a jerk.

my lord, you are truly a spazz troll. this has nothing to do with free speech. further, no one said he could not do it according to US law.

you're a lousy troll btw. you're not even funny.

my lord, you are truly a spazz troll. this has nothing to do with free speech. further, no one said he should not do it.

you're a lousy troll btw. you're not even funny.

Free speech! BWAAHHH!!!! Righties hate free speech for Olympians!

Forum List

Back