Win silver for the US, carry both US and Mexican flag

I doubt anyone on the right would mind if he carried a confederate battle jack along with the U.S. flag. Free speech, right?

i can't speak for everyone on the right. i am independent leaning right and it would bother me.

btw...can you address the OP?

Free speech! BWAAHHH!!!! Righties hate free speech!

aaj378jdocx.TROLL.jpg

i rarely use ignore, but do other people have this troll on ignore? he reminds of a few trolls at another board i used to normally post at. it is boring responding to moronic trolls.

American athlete under fire for carrying Mexican flag

American athlete under fire for carrying Mexican flag | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo! Sports

anyone agree with his decision to carry both flags? imo, the olympics is about national pride, pride in the country you represent at the olympics. i feel this is in poor taste.

I doubt anyone on the right would mind if he carried a confederate battle jack along with the U.S. flag. Free speech, right?

No...but your train of thought speaks volumes about how your mind works.

He should carry that Mexican flag right on back to Mexico and not allowed back into the U.S..Ever.

See guys? This idiot 9thIDdoc wants to revoke a man's citizenship for exercising free speech he doesn't agree with.

Told you righties were against free speech!

American athlete under fire for carrying Mexican flag | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo! Sports

anyone agree with his decision to carry both flags? imo, the olympics is about national pride, pride in the country you represent at the olympics. i feel this is in poor taste.

It's Called Free speech. I see no problem with it. He has a US flag and a Mexican flag to show his Heritage. So what.

People really need to lighten up.

See guys? This idiot 9thIDdoc wants to revoke a man's citizenship for exercising free speech he doesn't agree with.

Told you righties were against free speech!

Let’s say there are a troubling number of conservatives who are indeed inconsistent with the application of free speech, just as many are inconsistent with the application of small government dogma as well.

He has the right to do whatever he wants, but he's still a jerk for doing it. I don't see a whole lot of post-Olympic endorsements going his way.....well, maybe La Raza....

He has the right to do whatever he wants, but he's still a jerk for doing it. I don't see a whole lot of post-Olympic endorsements going his way.....well, maybe La Raza....

exactly

though i do think he will still score numerous american endorsements

It's Called Free speech. I see no problem with it. He has a US flag and a Mexican flag to show his Heritage. So what.

free speech? so what about national pride and representing the country whose jersey you wear?

no one has said he doesn't have the right to not hold both flags. you need to calm down. address the OP. thanks.

Wrong. Nor would we approve of him wearing a white robe and pointy hat or a Romney bumper sticker stuck on his ass, ass.

Free speech! BWAAHHH!!!! Righties hate free speech!

my lord, you are truly a spazz troll. this has nothing to do with free speech. further, no one said he should not do it.

you're a lousy troll btw. you're not even funny.

Free speech! BWAAHHH!!!! Righties hate free speech for Olympians!

Nope. We hate people who call themselves Mexican Americans, Native Americans, African Americans or German Americans. If you are living here, voting here contributing to society here and reaping the rewards this country has to offer, your allegiance should BE here, not split,
Leo Manzano has every right to be proud of his Mexican heritage, but if he wants to receive the blessings this country bestows on its citizens, he should dispense with the hyphenated-American crap.
I was solidly behind this guy, rooting for him in every event; until this.

free speech? so what about national pride and representing the country whose jersey you wear?

no one has said he doesn't have the right to not hold both flags. you need to calm down. address the OP. thanks.

No I rather address the idiots who want him to Go Back to Mexico because he didn't carry just the US flag.

Wrong

Obviously bad taste.
As the article states - it would be fine if this was an individual competition somewhere....but it is not, it is the Olympics..which is most definitely not about the individual.

The Olympics is very much about the individual....unless you are playing as a team.

The point is... he is there AS an American. If he wants to play for meixico and carry their flag...he can give up his citizenship and go home.

Isn't Mexico on the American continent?

His shirt says USA, not North America

3 in a row

No I rather address the idiots who want him to Go Back to Mexico because he didn't carry just the US flag.

so you want to avoid the actual discussion and make up your own.

yawn.

Forum List

Back