Win silver for the US, carry both US and Mexican flag

The Olympics is very much about the individual....unless you are playing as a team.

The point is... he is there AS an American. If he wants to play for meixico and carry their flag...he can give up his citizenship and go home.

Isn't Mexico on the American continent?

oh, my bad, you're a troll. he is representing the united states of america....not the north american continent.

have you met oof papa doo?

his user name is as close as he ever got to being coherent.

unfortunately, that effort killed his three remaining brain cells.

we're just waiting for someone to care enough about him to pull the plug.

See guys? This idiot 9thIDdoc wants to revoke a man's citizenship for exercising free speech he doesn't agree with.

Told you righties were against free speech!

What"free speech"? I didn't take issue with anything he may have said just his actions.
Other than that you are correct. He doesn't deserve citizenship here so maybe Mexico will take him. But that's just me exercising my 1st amendment rights.

"No I rather address the idiots who want him to Go Back to Mexico because he didn't carry just the US flag."

So? That would be me. You may address when ready.

American athlete under fire for carrying Mexican flag

American athlete under fire for carrying Mexican flag | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo! Sports

anyone agree with his decision to carry both flags? imo, the olympics is about national pride, pride in the country you represent at the olympics. i feel this is in poor taste.

It's Called Free speech. I see no problem with it. He has a US flag and a Mexican flag to show his Heritage. So what.

People really need to lighten up.

I have mixed feelings and can see both sides, but I think it was a bit of a poor choice. I wouldn't go out of my way to berate the guy though as some have.

Holy shit people are too god damn sensitive about this shit. He has pride in both countries.

Oh I'm sorry, are your fucking feelings hurt that he does not celebrate ONLY one as you wish he would? Is his celebration of America not enough for you, because it's "dirtied" by being shared alongside that Mexican flag?

Give me a fucking break.

Last edited:

American athlete under fire for carrying Mexican flag | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo! Sports

anyone agree with his decision to carry both flags? imo, the olympics is about national pride, pride in the country you represent at the olympics. i feel this is in poor taste.

I doubt anyone on the right would mind if he carried a confederate battle jack along with the U.S. flag. Free speech, right?

Epic fail....up to your usual standards

I doubt anyone on the right would mind if he carried a confederate battle jack along with the U.S. flag. Free speech, right?

Epic fail....up to your usual standards

yeah...i've been informed by a few posters that poopoo is a just a boring troll

I guess any Mexican athlete who can run jump or swim really are in the U.S.

ha ha....i heard than in junior high

non sequitur

Obviously bad taste.
As the article states - it would be fine if this was an individual competition somewhere....but it is not, it is the Olympics..which is most definitely not about the individual.

The Olympics is very much about the individual....unless you are playing as a team.

The point is... he is there AS an American. If he wants to play for meixico and carry their flag...he can give up his citizenship and go home.

Isn't Mexico on the American continent?

Cut the shit.
Only a stupid anti American lib would support this bullshit.
Funny thing is people from his country are killing your side's unions by bringing down labor rates in the US.

i can't speak for everyone on the right. i am independent leaning right and it would bother me.

btw...can you address the OP?

Free speech! BWAAHHH!!!! Righties hate free speech!

Sums up and exposes your limited understanding of the concept.
Tell us, in what manner is this free speech when the athlete is essentially flipping the bird to the very nation that encourages that freedom?

He should carry that Mexican flag right on back to Mexico and not allowed back into the U.S..Ever.

:asshole::asshole::asshole:

It may fall under the issue of free speech, but we also have the right to find that speech to be unacceptable.
At the end of the day, one can look to all the laws and regulations they wish, public perception rules the day. And if the majority of the people with an opinion on this man's act find objection to that act, the case is closed. He's wrong. End of story.

That's nice.
Come to America where you're free to talk about how fucking awesome everything was in the place you or your family left.

This dirtball needs to be ignored and forgotten by this greatest of nations just as he ignores what got him where he is.

It's simply a matter of poor taste.

All Olympic athletes whether individual or team participants are there representing their country. It's what the Olympics is fundamentally all about, one country's athletes competing against other country's athletes; and ultimately the final score is tallied by the number of medals the various countries have earned vs. others.

Forum List

Back