Willful acceleration of climate change= violence

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
is snuffing out future generations by the fouling of our nest on an industrial scale now seen as benevolence?

(snip)
Call climate change what it is: violence | Rebecca Solnit | Comment is free | theguardian.com
If you're poor, the only way you're likely to injure someone is the old traditional way: artisanal violence, we could call it – by hands, by knife, by club, or maybe modern hands-on violence, by gun or by car.

But if you're tremendously wealthy, you can practice industrial-scale violence without any manual labor on your own part. You can, say, build a sweatshop factory that will collapse in Bangladesh and kill more people than any hands-on mass murderer ever did, or you can calculate risk and benefit about putting poisons or unsafe machines into the world, as manufacturers do every day. If you're the leader of a country, you can declare war and kill by the hundreds of thousands or millions. And the nuclear superpowers – the US and Russia – still hold the option of destroying quite a lot of life on Earth.

Call it what it is, "violence".

Discuss...

sooo..... you're pro-choice?

Seriously though, mass murder on an industrial scale just to eke out a few more dollars in fiat $$$ is unconscionable :mad:

The point at which these measurements are made is on a volcano which is emitting co2. Why not measure co2 at 20,000 ft over the barren pacific ocean. I bet we find there are zero changes. Try and find out how many sample of air is collected compared to the size of the earth. I bet 99% of the earth's atmosphere has never been sampled.

It is only a theory as to the amount of co2. Today compared to yesterday's co2 is an even bigger theory with almost no evidence. There is simply no way to know with any accuracy given how zero atmospheric samples were taken 300 to a million years ago and beyond.

is snuffing out future generations by the fouling of our nest on an industrial scale now seen as benevolence?

(snip)
Call climate change what it is: violence | Rebecca Solnit | Comment is free | theguardian.com
If you're poor, the only way you're likely to injure someone is the old traditional way: artisanal violence, we could call it – by hands, by knife, by club, or maybe modern hands-on violence, by gun or by car.

But if you're tremendously wealthy, you can practice industrial-scale violence without any manual labor on your own part. You can, say, build a sweatshop factory that will collapse in Bangladesh and kill more people than any hands-on mass murderer ever did, or you can calculate risk and benefit about putting poisons or unsafe machines into the world, as manufacturers do every day. If you're the leader of a country, you can declare war and kill by the hundreds of thousands or millions. And the nuclear superpowers – the US and Russia – still hold the option of destroying quite a lot of life on Earth.

Discuss...

I call it a hoax designed to steal peoples liberty and money to enrich already wealthy people and separate the classes into the elite and the slaves, yet again.

(snip)

Discuss...

I'm just too distraught to discuss.

$pearls.jpg

You deniers can't say the measurements aren't accurate. Look at the data in the link I provided.

You deniers can't say the measurements aren't accurate. Look at the data in the link I provided.

A link does not prove a thing. Your link is measuring co2 on a volcano in hawaii. One point on earth. I seriously want to know how many points in the atmosphere that co2 is measured. I can see no question being of more importance.

Oh go blow it out your ass. I can show you hundreds of thousands of years of data that show when it has been warmer than the present era, not one of your precious catastrophe's ever occurred.

You and the rest of the charlatans are as full of shit as Sylvia Brown was....and she had a BETTER prediction rate than you asshats.

(snip)

Discuss...

Only to the human racists.

A link does not prove a thing. Your link is measuring co2 on a volcano in hawaii. One point on earth. I seriously want to know how many points in the atmosphere that co2 is measured. I can see no question being of more importance.

There's quite a few stations that measure co2. ;) They're typically within 3 ppm of each other...:D ESRL Global Monitoring Division - Observatory Operations

sooo..... you're pro-choice?

Seriously though, mass murder on an industrial scale just to eke out a few more dollars in fiat $$$ is unconscionable :mad:

I choose a warm home, a tank full of gas, and a job. Not to mention food on the table brought to me by the most egregious polluters in the world... agriculture.

The industrialization of our planet is precisely what is keeping us alive and allowing our species to not only flourish but to do so with a longevity previously unknown.

This thread is absurd bullshit.

When it is not known about, can't argue with that. When it is known about and efforts are not made to change it it is genocide, pure and simple.

When it is not known about, can't argue with that. When it is known about and efforts are not made to change it it is genocide, pure and simple.

Bullcrap. Pure and simple. There is ZERO empirical evidence to support your claims. Thus YOU are a willful part of a criminal conspiracy that has a goal of rendering the vast majority of the human population poor and subservient to an elite minority. Screw you and your primitive religious beliefs.

Go to college and learn something, right now you are no better than the savages sacrificing virgins to the volcano gods.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back